Chapter 651 - 660

Chapter 651: No choice.

  Back at the hotel, Laila didn't even want to move, leaning against Roy.

  "So tired?" Roy held her waist and supported her full weight on himself.

  "Tired." Laila was like a doll without bones, too lazy to move her fingers. It was just a meal, and the round-trip drive alone took nearly two hours. Even if the environment was not bad and the food tasted good, she still felt physically and mentally tired from being surrounded by so many people complimenting her.

  "If you are tired, don't accept other people's invitations." Before leaving just now, many people made invitations, hoping that Laila could accept their invitations. He didn't know why Oriental people liked to invite people to dinner so much. Although he also likes oriental food, eating and drinking all day long is not a good thing.

  Laila said "Yes": "I don't accept it anymore, let's go back."

  "Are you willing to go back?" Roy raised his eyebrows and looked at her sideways. God knows how long he has been waiting for this sentence. As long as he doesn't have to see that person, he can't wait to leave here now.

  "My wish is over, what are you still doing here? Work is more important!"

  She was talking about Leslie Cheung, but Roy automatically understood it as a movie. Since you came here for the movie, there is nothing wrong with leaving after watching it.

  "Then go back. We do still have a lot of work to do!" Even if there is no work, he still has to find some work. He believed that between work and that "old man", his girlfriend would definitely choose the former due to her workaholic nature.

  Laila saw Roy's expression in the reflection on the elevator wall and knew that he was getting jealous again. But she doesn't hate this feeling. No wonder some people like to see their lovers jealous of them, which gives them a sense of accomplishment.

  So the next day, when someone wanted to come to the hotel to see Laila on the pretext of visiting, the answer was that they had already checked out and left. As for where they went, how could the people in the hotel know?

  By the time the media found out that Laila's private plane had left Hong Kong, Laila had already returned to Zhangjiajie. And before she left, she did not forget to send a copy of the script of the new movie to Leslie Cheung.

  In fact, she knew very well that she was impulsive. It would be a bit awkward to add an Eastern face to such a purely Western literature. But that's her "brother", the idol she loves, so it's not an exaggeration to be confused by idols sometimes, right?

  She believes that apart from having an oriental face, Leslie Cheung's acting skills will definitely not be worse than other Hollywood actors. And she believed that with Xiao Yi's existence, she might be able to surprise them with her makeup. Anyway, she had made up her mind, even if she couldn't save it with makeup, she still wanted him to appear in her movie. Tie him up with work so that he doesn't have to worry about being trapped by depression again.

  After Laila and others returned to Zhangjiajie, Yao Yingxia was the happiest one. She was really worried that Laila would never return.

  When Laila came back this time, she decided to thoroughly study the terrain here and reproduce the most beautiful scenes in her movie, so that those who regard New Zealand as a wonderland can see which country is favored by the gods. .

  For a month, Laila, accompanied by Roy, traveled through various cities in the East, seeing mountains and walking through dense forests. The east is a vast territory, and just like Yao Yingxia said, you can find any kind of terrain you want. The more she searched, the more she found places that could be used in the film.

  Not only Zhangjiajie, but also Guilin, Shangri-La, and countless breathtakingly beautiful scenery. This gave her the urge to abandon New Zealand and move all the scenes to the East.

  She originally wanted to promote Dongfang, and she decided to shoot here because of the unforgettable scenes in "Avatar". In fact, I still feel that New Zealand's performance in the original version is very good. If it saves trouble, it would be better to choose there. But after this period of observation, she felt that it would be good to take all the scenes here. You don't have to travel to two countries, which saves a lot on your budget.

  The most important thing is that if she really moves the crew here, the support she will get will definitely be no less than in New Zealand. Moreover, there are many people here and the prices are cheap. Even setting up a scene is not that expensive.

  It's just that she's not sure whether this is a good idea. Anyway, she still has a lot of time, and she is not in a hurry to make a judgment immediately.

  After her trip to the East, Laila finally returned to the United States.

  One month is definitely not enough time for filming in such a big country. It's just that she had to rush back, one was for her brother William's birthday, and the other was to receive notification from Louise that the promotion of "Iron Man" was about to officially begin!
  The "Iron Man" movies are an important piece of the puzzle for Laila's future career. There are still many people who don't pay much attention to this second-tier superhero, and they still remember Downey's decadent past, and even now they still don't admit that he has changed his ways.

  But Laila knows very well that after the release of "Iron Man", it caused a wave of Iron Man craze around the world. While grossing hundreds of millions at the box office, it also represents the official launch of the Marvel Universe project.

  In the coming time, the heroes of the Avengers will appear on stage one by one, using their heroic stories to refresh the charm of superheroes in the minds of movie fans over and over again.

  Starting from Iron Man, the Hulk, Captain America, Thor, etc. will come out one after another, and finally form the Avengers to seize the global box office. It can be said that as long as these superheroes appear in the year, they will definitely be at the top of the box office rankings.

  Although their investment is also very large, it is nothing compared to the box office of hundreds of millions.

  From this we can see how significant the impact of "Iron Man", the first cannonball, will be on the future. If it bursts into bloom, it will be followed by a boom. If it turns into a squib, then the comic-book superheroes will need to remain dormant for a while before they can surface.

  Will Lyra watch Iron Man become a Squib?

  Certainly not!

  After celebrating William's birthday in New York, Laila finally returned to Hollywood after a long absence.

  After not being back for so long, a mountain of work is inevitable. Louise had communicated with her over the phone about some of the more urgent matters, and was only dealing with some trivial matters that were not urgent or had already been dealt with and were waiting for her to see the results.

  "Laila, our first wave of advertisements has been sent out, and the crew has begun to participate in promotional activities in various places." Louise looked at her expectantly.

  Laila was looked at in confusion: "That's good, just keep going." What did those shining little eyes mean? It made her scalp feel numb.

  "Won't you personally formulate a publicity method?"