Chapter 541 - 550

Chapter 541 Acceptance Speech 
  The impact of last year's 911 has continued to this year's Oscars. There were many demonstrators around the red carpet, protesting that the party should not be held at such a time of war. There are also some actors who have launched a boycott of the Oscars before, but the effect was not very great.

  Soon it was time to award the awards, and the first award that the crew on Laila's side received was Janet's best costume design.

  In Laila's opinion, her opponent is not very strong, at least in her eyes, they are not as good as Janet. Whether it's "Moulin Rouge" or "Beautiful Girl", they are not that outstanding compared to "Pirates of the Caribbean". Maybe it's because of the subject matter. Commercial films have more room for development than those. Coupled with Janet's own strength, Laila felt that she had at least an 80% chance of winning the award.

  "The winner is Janet Moran, "Pirates of the Caribbean"!" the award guest read out the name with a smile.

  When the presenter read out Janet Moran's name, Leila wasn't surprised, and everyone on the "Pirates of the Caribbean" crew clapped and cheered excitedly.

  At this time, Janet appeared on the movie screens in thousands of households. Her exquisite and beautiful appearance was no less than that of a big star. Her simple, clean and graceful ladylike temperament was even more different from the stars. If you really talk about it, many people may not know what the difference is, but just looking at her, you can deeply feel the difference.

  "Wow!" "Congratulations!" "Well done!" The

  sounds of appreciation, applause, and cheers made Janet cover her lips in disbelief.

  "Come on, mom." Laila clapped her hands and smiled, urging her to come on stage.

  Janet then slowly walked onto the stage and took the statuette from the guests that she had never even imagined.

  "Thank you, thank you all." She didn't know what to say anymore: "I'm sorry, I didn't expect that I would get this award at all, and I didn't even prepare an award speech." Her shyness made the audience react for a while

  . Friendly laughter.

  "I feel so incredible to receive this award. That day, my daughter said to me, 'Mom, I need you.' OK, she got me." This time the laughter was louder and mixed

  with received a lot of encouraging applause.

  Janet looked in the direction of her daughter, her voice choked up: "What I want to say is, as long as you need me, I will always be by your side. Thank you, thank you Oscar for giving me this opportunity, thank you to everyone on the crew for their help, Thank you my daughter for needing me."

  Although she did not prepare a speech, the sincere emotions revealed in her words moved everyone. Even Laila, who believed that reason was greater than emotion, felt a sourness rising in her nose.

  When she came to this world, apart from being able to make her favorite movie, the most profound thing she felt was the unreasonable support of her family. It was a kind of pampering that even if she wanted to poke a big hole in the sky, they would help her find tools.

  Apart from being happy, Laila was not jealous at all that her mother, a layperson, got the coveted statuette before her. She deserved it!

  "My dear, I didn't embarrass you, did I?" Janet, who came off the stage, always felt that she must have looked extremely ugly just now.

  Laila gave her a gentle hug: "Mom, you are very good. You are the best mother." "

  You are also the best daughter!" Janet sniffed and hugged her tighter.

  After losing Best Sound Mixing, the second item related to the crew is Best Makeup. Laila feels that her crew has a greater chance of winning this award because the image of Captain Jack Sparrow is loved by so many people, which has a lot to do with his costumes and appearance.

  In addition to "A Beautiful Mind", his opponent is "Moulin Rouge". The original winner "The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring" has not yet been filmed due to Lila's relationship, so Xiao Yi will have an advantage no matter how you look at it. a little.

  "Aren't you nervous at all?" Someone in the crew asked Xiao Yi curiously.

  What he got was Xiao Ye's rhetorical question: "Why should I be nervous?" He had faced life and death situations so many times, how could he be nervous just for an award?

  "Aren't you worried that you won't get the award?"

  Xiao Yi shrugged: "What's mine is mine, and I can't ask for it unless I force it." He directly used a Zen Eastern way of saying it.

  "Okay." The crew members could only secretly feel ashamed of their small-mindedness. Look at how grand they are and they don't care whether they win or lose.

  When Laila heard their words, she turned around with a smile: "Our company is still very young, and you are also very young. Being here is already our victory. As for that award, we can all get it at such a young age, right? Can't you still get what you want in the next few decades?"

  "Yes!" Everyone turned around. Think about how many people as young as them have been nominated in the history of the Oscars? Even if they don't get the award, with this nomination, each of them will be worth a hundred times as much, so why should they ruin their mood over whether they get the award?

  Seeing that everyone changed their attitude after just a few words from Laila, Xiao Yi secretly gave her a thumbs up. If he wasn't the boss, his verbal skills would have been through the roof.

  "The winner is Ian Shaw, "Pirates of the Caribbean"!" The guest read out the name in the envelope with a smile.

  The applause rang out, and Xiao Yi walked towards the podium with a smile while being slightly stunned. Ian Xiao was the name he originally chose for himself as a makeup artist. He never expected that this casual name would one day appear on such an occasion.

  He once thought that he would live in a dark place with different faces all his life. As a result, after he quit his job as an agent, he found such a bright and brilliant place for himself to appear. I have to sigh at the magic and mystery of fate.

  After receiving the trophy from the award-presenting guest, Xiao Yi's expression was a bit complicated. It was not the ecstasy of ordinary people, nor indifference, but a kind of vicissitudes that people could sense, mixed with various emotions.

  "To be honest, I didn't prepare a script for my acceptance speech. Like Janet, I also didn't expect to have the chance to win this award." He held the trophy and lightly brushed his fingers over it. He could see that he was right about the trophy. Care and attention.

  "I was self-taught in my makeup skills. By chance, I was seen by my boss Leila Moran, and then she abducted me into her company. At that time, I just thought that my makeup skills could be used in movies. , it's really amazing. But as I got more and more involved with movies, I realized that this is not the simple world I originally thought. This should be another world, a world where I can be called a superhero."

  He looked at the audience, especially where his crew was, and smiled slightly: "What I want to say is, no matter where you see my potential, boss, I have to say this to you - do it It's good."