Chapter 761 - 770

Chapter 761 The Best Heir

  In response to his question, Laila tapped her fingers on the table with a meaningful smile on her lips: "Who would think that they have too many talents?" It took too long for

  her to be reborn. Lately, big directors like Spielberg and James Cameron have already become the norm, and it is impossible to take a small company like hers seriously.

  It's different for those newly emerging directors. They have talents that have been proven by later generations, but they just lack an opportunity for them to fly into the sky. If Laila hadn't come along, it might have been a few years before they could show off their talents.

  Now Leila gives them an early chance to show their strength. One wants opportunities and the other can give them opportunities. Isn't that the best combination? So what's the problem with recruiting them under his wing?

  You must know that no matter who you are, there is time in your artistic career. The only difference is that some people start it earlier and some people do it later.

  Laila allows them to shine a few years in advance. The extra time will allow them to learn a lot more and make a few more movies. The most important thing is that they can lay a foundation a few years earlier and gather helpful connections. The future development of these young directors will definitely be of great benefit.

  And there is another most important condition, which is that Dragon Soul Company itself is already relatively thick. As a new director, there are many benefits to embracing this thigh. At least it can save them a lot of detours, and it can also protect them from being oppressed by some unscrupulous production companies.

  Therefore, she never felt guilty for "taking advantage of the situation". She paid for the funds and opportunities, and the other party got a ladder of growth. Both parties were mutually beneficial, which was the healthiest development model.

  Anthony looked at Laila who was drinking tea and couldn't help but compare her with Mr. Oswald. The result was astonishing. He found that except for the fact that the eldest lady lacked some killing power, she was not inferior to the old man in any way.

  It wouldn't be surprising if he lost some of his murderous spirit. The old man was a man who came out of that era. And in that era, if you wanted to stand out, it was impossible without something dark in your hands. That era was not suitable for kind people. It's not that there were no good people, but they either couldn't expand or became prey for others.

  But Laila was different. She was born at the safest and happiest moment, and because she contracted a serious illness at a young age, she was always cared for with the utmost care by her family and those around her. This lack of murderous aura in her body is the most normal thing.

  Moreover, this is a time of peace, and there is no need for those in power to act too cold-blooded. In Anthony's view, Laila, who was appointed by Osvid, is obviously the most suitable heir to the group. Even Janet and Channing's son William may not be able to shake her status. He believed that with Laila's ability and talent, he had no doubt that the group would undergo earth-shaking changes in the future.

  Of course, it's a good change!

  After discussing some more details, Laila returned home to Hollywood in a happy mood, soaking herself in the large bathtub and enjoying the comfort of her body while thinking about the next thing.

  She is very much looking forward to meeting Nolan on the show. This director who will show strong ability to attract money in the future has a powerful mind that directors can envy. Whether it is the future "Inception" or the later "Interstellar", it will give people a refreshing look and feel.

  Many people may not know that the producer and screenwriter of the later box office hit "Man of Steel" was also the powerful Christopher Nolan.

  In Hollywood, what kind of directors are the most popular? One that can win prizes, or one that can make money?

  Many people may hypocritically choose the former, but the latter can make people lose their heads.

  Why does Laila arouse envy and jealousy every once in a while when she helps an outside company make a movie? Why is it that even though she knows that she will rarely help outside film productions, there are still scripts handed to her all the time, and she is guaranteed to meet all conditions as long as she agrees to film?

  Isn't it just because of her strong earning power?
  Make a hit film and make a profit. This profit is not just a small profit, but a huge profit of hundreds of millions of dollars. Which company doesn't love such a director?

  Laila is no exception. She founded the company not only to run her own movies, but also to use movies to develop her own career. That's why she founded the Emerging Talent Program to support talented young directors when her career was just starting out, and later made a bet with Michael Bay to win him over to the company.

  Naturally, she would not let go of a first-class director like Nolan.

  There is no contact with the other party for the time being, just because he is now a rival director and is filming a movie for DC. After the movie is released, she will take the initiative to come to Nolan's door even if he doesn't come.

  Unexpectedly, Nolan took the initiative to meet her, which made Laila a little excited after receiving the news. Could this be the legendary "sympathy"?
  The program is scheduled for 8:30 pm on Saturday prime time, hosted by Jimmy, one of NBC's most important hosts.

  Laila worked with him several times when she went to the TV station to do programs. The exchanges between the two were very pleasant, so she still left it to him this time.

  After Jimmy knew that these two most popular directors would come to the show, he, as always, thoroughly researched their information and movies, and also prepared many questions that would be of interest to the audience. Of course, Anthony had also conveyed Laila's words before, asking the studio not to go too far with Director Nolan.

  Jimmy knows Laila and knows what her bottom line is, so even without Anthony's reminder, he will not go too far.

  So at 8 o'clock on Saturday night, he met two great directors backstage.

  To be precise, it was Laila who Nolan met first.

  In order to see Laila as soon as possible, Nolan waited outside the TV station an hour in advance.

  When Laila came outside the TV station, she saw him waiting on the roadside, sweating profusely.

  "Director Nolan, why are you standing here?" Laila looked at him running towards her in surprise.

  At this time, Christopher Nolan was a little more hesitant than the one in the future. He ran over excitedly, but when he heard about the person he wanted to see, he didn't know where to start.

  Laila looked at his increasingly red face and knew that this was definitely not a good time to joke: "It's too hot here. Director Nolan, let's go in and take a rest first, otherwise the makeup will be stained by sweat." In order to The effect in front of the camera is to prevent the whole face from looking gray and lifeless. A makeup artist will definitely be arranged to apply makeup to the guests before going on the show.

  After being reminded by her, Nolan wiped the sweat from his head and followed her with some embarrassment into the door of the TV station.