Chapter 1041 - 1050

Start from the beginning

Chapter 1042: An egg hits a rock?

  Some of the words on that original post actually made it into Laila's heart. If she can't even grab the first place, what qualifications does she have to be called a living legend of Hollywood? Although she doesn't care too much about such a title, forget it if it doesn't exist. If it does, she will definitely feel uncomfortable if someone takes it off.

  It makes sense when you think about it. Obviously that name was called by someone outside and pressed on her head. As a result, she was discredited because of an inexplicable remark, which would probably make anyone uncomfortable.

  Seeing her looking out the window silently, Roy suddenly felt something in his heart: "Laila, do you want to challenge?"

  Want to challenge? Of course I want to challenge!

  Laila has always known what she wants to do and has always worked towards her goals. As she goes further and further on the film road, her goals are set higher and higher.

  In her previous life, she would have been satisfied if she could prepare a movie and write and direct it herself. It's not that she doesn't want to buy the script, it's that she spent every penny on the preparation of the movie and can't afford more money to buy the script.

  Perhaps the luck from the previous life was accumulated in this life, which allowed her to find a person in a place like South Africa who yearned for Hollywood, and she was able to write a wonderful script in the way that Hollywood liked.

  Since "Lord of the Rings" swept the Oscars and tied the historical record, her goal has been to compete for another Oscar with her own work. Buddy's script caught her eye at this time. It can be said to be Buddy's luck or her own luck.

  She knows her ability as a screenwriter. The adaptation is okay, but the originality is not so good.

  Because based on her knowledge of Hollywood movies, it is not difficult for her to change the original work or script into a genre that is more in line with Hollywood and American movie fans. But originality is much more difficult than adaptation. Not everyone can come up with a story that countless people will like.

  So she recognized this from the beginning and never thought about positioning herself as an all-around director. Although the outside world does have such an impression of her, it has to be said that it is a beautiful misunderstanding.

  "Roy, I will challenge. And I believe that my name will be on the first place!" She said confidently.

  That's the confidence that comes from success. The success of the past ten years is not fake. Every movie released is an evolution for her. She believes that she now has the ability to compete with Director Cameron!
  Roy glanced at Laila, who seemed to be radiating with confidence, and it took all his strength to look away, lest he drive the car onto the sidewalk.

  He had never been able to resist such a sparkling Laila, and immediately supported: "You will do it!"

  Laila was amused by his eager answer: "In your eyes, I mean I can take off the moon. , you will believe it, right?"

  If it weren't for the relationship between the two of them as an unmarried couple, it wouldn't be an exaggeration to say that he was her crazy fan, right? However, it cannot be denied that it is quite happy to have such fans.

  Roy smiled: "Yes, if one day you really say that, I will really think so, because you are not someone who talks nonsense." After knowing her for so many years, he couldn't understand her better. She's never been one to talk big, if she says something, that's what will happen!
  Yes, he believed that!
  "Avatar" is only a temporary warm-up, and the real hype will have to wait until at least the middle of next year.

  When Laila calmed down and thought about it, she discovered something very troublesome. That is, if she postpones the release of "Blood Diamond" until next year, she will bump into the likes of "Avatar".

  Almost everyone knows that commercial films are not favored by Hollywood, but if this commercial film creates a highly anticipated and almost miraculous box office, that is another matter. This was true for "Titanic" back then, and it will be true for "Inception" in the future. The box office created by "Avatar" is far higher than them, and it is foreseeable that it will become a star at the Oscars.

  But then I thought about it, so what?
  She remembers clearly that "Avatar" did receive many nominations, but not as many as "Titanic" actually won. Although both films allowed director Cameron to win the best director, in terms of artistic value, it is obvious that the latter cannot be compared with the former in the eyes of the Oscar judges.

  "Avatar" is more about technology. As for the emotions, maybe the "alien" relationship didn't create the emotion that caught the judges' fancy. And its biggest shortcoming is that it cannot compete in the acting awards.

  Of course, even without these reasons, Laila still feels that her movie can compete with Cameron's. So what else does she have to hesitate about?

  So when Louise asked her how to arrange the release schedule for "Blood Diamond", Laila's answer to her was-"It's enough to have a fight with Director Cameron." As you can imagine,

  this The words sounded so thrilling to Louise's ears.

  Not only is Laila very optimistic about the future box office of "Avatar", but those who once looked down upon "Titanic" and whose faces were swollen by director Cameron's box office are also optimistic about his. The new movie is very promising.

  Otherwise, he would not have received a budget of nearly 300 million to shoot a new movie. It was because of the previous movie that major film companies learned about his capabilities. If you were a director who made a bad movie, would anyone still be willing to spend so much money for him?

  "Laila, do you want to think about it?" Louise was afraid that it would damage her self-confidence, so she said very cautiously: "I heard that the new film directed by Cameron uses the latest technology, and it should do well at the box office. We It's better to change to a safer schedule." What

  she really wants to say is that the subject matter of her new film is destined not to have much box office. At this time, it directly collides with other people's special effects masterpiece that has been brewing for so many years. That is not a compensation. Half dead?
  It's not that their new movie is not good, but the inherent shortcomings in the subject matter cannot be changed just because of the name Leila Moran! Yes, fans like Laila, and many people in the public also like her, but that doesn't mean that such love will make them impulsive and walk into the theater without even caring about the content of the movie.

  She felt that Laila was not an impulsive person. The reason why she made such a "bad" decision was because she was angry at those reports, right? Otherwise, with the temperament of a small boss, he can't make enough money even if he thinks about it, so why would he hit a big rock with his little egg against it even though he knows that there is a big rock in front of him?