Chapter 821 - 830

Start from the beginning

Chapter 822 Who is allowed to call you grandpa?

  "You also know how powerful the media is. Maybe we were accidentally photographed together. And there is such obvious evidence." He pointed to the ring on her finger.

  Seeing the ring that had been in her breast pocket for who knows how many years, sitting obediently on her finger, Roy's heart was once again filled with warm happiness, and even his smile was smaller than Usually a bit too sweet, Laila wanted to roll her eyes, but she was also secretly amused.

  Janet turned on her computer and easily found the reason after searching. In fact, there is no need to search at all. As long as you log into Laila's FB account, you can see that there are countless messages there, all asking about the authenticity of this matter.

  To be honest, the photo was taken from a relatively far distance. If it hadn't been for a dark background and the reflection from the sun, it might not have been possible to see whether Laila had a ring on her hand.

  Even now, many people are still discussing whether it is an engagement ring. Because they think that a Hollywood star as rich as Roy would give a diamond ring as big as a "pigeon egg", right? How could it be as small as the one Laila carried?

  "Laila, you were indeed photographed." Janet looked at the computer screen and giggled. "How on earth do you think they were able to recognize you who were wrapped up so tightly?" He was wearing sunglasses, a hat, and a scarf. He was able to recognize the person with just his body shape. Fans It takes a lot of effort to do this.

  Laila was not in the mood to laugh. She didn't expect it to be exposed so early. She originally wanted to postpone it for a while and wait until the movie started to be promoted, which would also add some heat to the movie's promotion. Unexpectedly, it didn't even last 24 hours before everyone knew about it.

  "What a waste." She felt a pang of pain just thinking about it.

  "What's so wasteful?" Roy was confused by her nonsensical words.

  How could Laila tell the truth? She could only laugh twice: "It's nothing, I just think the media is too clever."

  "It doesn't matter, sooner or later they will be discovered." Roy put her hand in the palm of his hand, caressed the ring with his fingers, and smiled crookedly. . Just looking at his smile, you can understand how happy he is at this time.

  Janet looked at the two of them and also laughed. The more she watched Roy, the more satisfied she became. Whether a man loved a woman or not could be seen by anyone who came by him at a glance. You can tell from his expression that he must be the kind of person who loves Laila miserably and is willing to give everything for her. Therefore, she believed that he would definitely bring happiness to her daughter.

  "Dear, have you forgotten something?" She reminded the two of them kindly. Seeing the two pairs of eyes looking at her, she smiled and said: "If even the media knows about it, do you think Dad will Don't you know?"

  Thinking of her grandpa, Laila felt her head hurt even more. Need I say more? The old man was probably on the phone at this time, waiting to give her a good lesson when the call was answered. Can she choose to act stupid and not turn on the phone?

  Obviously it's impossible. Roy handed her the phone and patted her on the shoulder again, with an expression that said "I'm supporting you from behind, go ahead!"

  Laila gave him a hard look. If she was scolded, did he think he would be able to run away again?

  Thinking so, she still turned on the phone slowly and dialed her grandfather's number.

  "Look, whose call this is." As soon as the phone was connected, the old man's strange voice came from the other side: "Isn't this a definite! Marriage! But there is no news about her dearest grandfather's child? "

  Listening to the heavily emphasized words, Laila smiled bitterly, knowing that her grandfather must be very angry this time.

  "I'm sorry, Grandpa, I didn't want to hide it from you, but I just haven't had time to tell you yet."

  Oswald snorted coldly: "Of course you don't have time, what a beautiful sunshine, just enough to spend time with your future! Married! Husband!" Go out and play! You have long forgotten that there is an old grandpa at home, right?"

  Laila wiped the cold sweat from her forehead: "I haven't forgotten, how could I forget you? You are my dearest grandpa!" She really wanted to beg the old man to stop pronouncing special characters in an accentuated voice. Every time she pronounced a word, her heart felt as if she had been hit, and she felt like screaming.

  "I'm an old man and I can't bear the responsibility for these words! Dear! Love! These words." Another string of words with an accentuated tone, and a cold snort.

  "Why can't I afford it? Besides you, will I have any other dearest grandpa?" Knowing that the old man was still angry, Laila could only use the last trick - acting like a baby.

  It's just that the tricks that have always been effective in the past failed this time. The old man still had the same tone of voice that was neither yin nor yang, but said in a strange tone: "That's really a pity. Your dearest, dearest! Grandpa, you have to watch it on TV. It's the news of my granddaughter's engagement that I love and love the most!"

  Laila sighed and looked at her mother who was eavesdropping on the side and almost fell to the ground with laughter. . Roy proposed to me this morning. Then my mother came over to give me a dress. We haven't seen each other for a long time, and she hasn't been here for a long time. I just wanted to show her the business I have done over the years." Hmm. ,That's it! She really wasn't taking her mother and boyfriend out to play, she was just taking them to inspect the property!
  How could the old man not guess that she was talking nonsense? He knew very well how long it had been since Janet had been there. Moreover, he knew how much his daughter weighed. If he wanted her to inspect the property, it would be better to throw her a pencil and a stack of white paper into the room and shut her up for a few days! It's easy to ask her to draw some clothes. If you want her to see the property... Haha, it's not that he underestimated his daughter, but that he had already seen how useless she was thirty years ago!
  Otherwise, how could he leave his daughter alone and focus on raising his granddaughter?

  After Laila acted coquettishly and acted like a fool, the old man's anger finally eased a bit. Who said he was a soft-spoken man? Hearing his granddaughter's soft and waxy voice, no matter how angry he was, he was gone.

  "What about that kid?" The old man felt that he had a lot to say and needed to communicate with that bastard. If he had been around, I believe it would not have been a simple verbal exchange, and maybe the crutches would have been thrown over.

  Roy smiled and took the phone from Laila: "Grandpa, this is Roy."

  "Who allowed you to call me grandpa!" The old man's anger was stimulated to the surface again.

  Roy was a little speechless. When he lived with Laila as his boyfriend, his grandmother insisted on calling him grandpa and grandma every time he went to New York. How could they become an unmarried couple and not be called grandma?