Chapter 661 - 670

Start from the beginning

Chapter 662 Good News, Bad News

  No matter what the trend is in the media, the voices representing the majority of the people on the Internet are supporting Downey, believing that he has indeed done what a hero would do, and hoping that the judge will give him justice. just.

  In one day, Laila controlled the media and the huge troll army in her hands to create such an impact, which can be said to be a very remarkable miracle. Although Downey's suspicion has not been cleared yet, and there is no news about the drugged girl, at least it seems to be good for them now.

  The next night, Laila finally put down her work temporarily and returned home dragging her exhausted body.

  When she got home, Abel was already asleep, and Downey was drunk early because he drank too much wine. He didn't know what year it was. Only Roy was still in the living room, waiting for her return.

  "Are you exhausted?" Roy looked at the faint bruises under her eyes, feeling distressed and wishing he could wipe them away with his own hands.

  "It's okay." Laila smiled tiredly and put her weight on his arms unceremoniously: "Help me go back to the room." She didn't feel it at the company, but she saw him again when she returned home. She felt that the stress and fatigue she had been squeezing for two days suddenly burst out together, leaving her too lazy to even move her fingers.

  How could Roy use his support to pick her up from the waist, soar up to the second floor, and gently put her on the bed in the bedroom.

  "Are you hungry? Do you want me to make you something to eat?" After living alone outside for such a long time, you may not be able to make exquisite dishes, but sandwiches and the like are no problem.

  Laila shook her head: "I just ate before I came here, and now I want to have a good sleep."

  Roy saw her eyelids almost unable to hold up while she was talking, and knew that she was extremely tired: "Then Just sleep well."

  Laila replied with a low "Yes", and looked towards her again, she could hear even breathing, and she had already fallen asleep.

  Roy wanted to ask her how things were going after she arrived, but seeing how tired she was, he couldn't ask more questions. Sighing softly, he gently helped her take off her coat and covered her with the quilt. Then, after pressing a goodnight kiss on her forehead, he turned off the light and walked out of the room.

  Laila was really exhausted, and she only squinted for two or three hours in two days. Moreover, in order to control the direction of public opinion and direct the people below to respond immediately, she had to maintain a high concentration of energy. In this case, she would be a ghost if she wasn't tired.

  But her efforts were not fruitless, and Roy had been paying attention to the direction of events at home. Laila did not let Donnie watch TV news and the Internet, but she did not prohibit him from watching it. So after Donnie went upstairs to bed drunk, he was looking for information.

  He knew about the video that Laila exposed, he also knew about the report on this matter in the media news today, and he also knew that Cole was dug out by omnipotent people. In his opinion, it was quite unexpectedly smooth for this matter to develop like this.

  Unfortunately, the judge needs evidence to prove that Downey was not deliberately provocative. Judging from the current situation, Downey may be able to get the support of the public, but he may not be able to get the support of the law. If you want to avoid guilt, you still need to find key evidence.

  Just where is that girl? Why hasn't he shown up yet?
  When all major and small media outlets were reporting on this incident, he didn't believe there would be anyone who hadn't seen it. So is the girl afraid, or is there something else that prevents her from showing up? Or maybe someone from the Cole family found him first?
  Roy couldn't help but start thinking in the direction of conspiracy.

  At the same time, he was once again dissatisfied with his role. Apart from expressing his support for Downey on FB, he found that he could not help more. It's not like he hasn't thought about accepting interviews with some media and directly expressing his trust in Downey. With the number of his fans, he should be able to exert some influence on public opinion. But he was worried that his actions would ruin Laila's plan, and he didn't want it to happen to him that he was doing bad things with good intentions.

  In the early morning, Laila was woken up by the vibrating sound of her cell phone. She opened her eyes and saw the familiar decoration of her room. She was in a daze for a few seconds before she remembered that she went home last night.

  Picking up her phone, which was still trying to vibrate, she glanced at the name displayed on it before pressing the connect button: "I'm Laila." She

  rushed in without warning in a hoarse voice just after waking up. into the ears of the person on the other end of the phone.

  Xiao Yi pressed her little heart, which was a little stalled, and secretly screamed "Good boy". This voice is so magnetic and sexy, isn't it? He considers himself to be very capable of self-control and can't help but feel his heart skip a beat when he hears this kind of voice. If it were her fans, why wouldn't he immediately kneel down and sing "Conquer"?

  "Boss, do you want to try singing? It's such a pity that you can't be a singer with this voice!"

  Laila frowned, still with a trace of wake-up anger that has not dissipated: "You called me early in the morning just to say this No nutrition?"

  Xiao Yi laughed twice: "I have good news and bad news to tell you, which one do you want to hear first?" "

  Found a girl?" Laila didn't play with him at all. That kind of boring game.

  "Tsk, can't you just pretend to be stupid sometimes? Have you ever heard of the saying 'It's rare to be confused'?" Xiao Yi curled her lips, not even bothering to ask her how she guessed it.

  In fact, there is nothing difficult to guess about Laila. After the incident happened, she asked him to help check the girl's identity. At any rate, she used to be an agent. Even if she was kicked out, she still had some connections.

  It was now past 6 o'clock in the morning. If he hadn't found the girl and rushed to report to her, he wouldn't have come so early in the morning to disturb people's sleep, knowing that she hadn't rested for the past two days.

  "Where is she?"

  Xiao Yi rolled his eyes at the ceiling: "I can bring her to your office at noon today, but I can't find the dress." "

  What's going on?" That dress is very important. If the evidence cannot be found... Laila's brows furrowed even more, that would not be good news.

  "When something like that happened that day, she looked for an opportunity to run away. Her family is quite strict, and if she was found sneaking out to drink in the middle of the night, she would definitely be taught a lesson, so she took off her clothes and threw them away halfway."

  Laila pinched her forehead. She had never imagined such a result, but she never expected it to happen. The subsequent action plans were all designed based on finding clothes. What should we do now? Her mind was racing, trying to come up with a Plan B that could replace the original Plan A at this moment.

  She didn't say anything for a long time, and Xiao Ye knew that she must have understood the seriousness of the matter, so he smiled mischievously: "You haven't asked what the good news is yet!"

   Xiao Ye (Jia Xiaoming): Haha, you were fooled too. when!
    Laila╮(╯_╰)╭: She is so cunning and cunning than a person who just woke up, I really don't know what to be proud of.