When James and Rosanna heard that, they wondered what it could be. But regardless of what it was, they still wanted to do it. So, they nodded immediately. “What is it? All you have to do is ask,” James said to her.

After a few moments of silence, Rosanna cautiously spoke, wanting to encourage Elsa to voice her request.
“Elsa—”

“Elsa,”Elsa repeated, interrupting with a smile. “Shouldn’t you be calling me Gloria McConnell now?”

James and Rosanna’s breath hitched when they heard that. They stared blankly at the cute smiling face in front of them.

Tears started pouring from their eyes. “Gloria!”

Rosanna ran over to Elsa, crying heavily and filled with emotion. Her remorseful and apologetic eyes were filled with love and benevolence, warmly enveloping Elsa.

After a while, Rosanna reached out a trembling finger and gently placed it on Elsa's face. She gladly caressed Elsa's flawless face, feeling the warm touch on her fingertips.

Rosanna bit her lip and held her daughter, feeling distressed. “My child! My baby girl!”

Rosanna called out uncontrollably, holding Elsa tightly. “Gloria, I’ve finally found you. I’m sorry. I’m so sorry!”

She cried as she apologized, her voice sounding extremely shaky. James’s eyes were red as he walked toward Elsa. He said with a sob, “Child, I’m sorry too. I’m so sorry.”

He sincerely apologized with a remorseful gaze. James lifted his hand and, after hesitating for a few seconds, placed it on top of Elsa’s head before lovingly caressing her.

Elsa remained motionless and unperturbed as she was showered with James and Rosanna’s apology and love.

There was no emotion on her face, only her fluttering eyelashes. She did not fight them nor did she welcome their hugs.

She simply allowed Rosanna to hold her and James to caress her hair without moving. She allowed them to express the love and remorse they felt for Gloria McConnell, which had accumulated over so many years.

After a while, Rosanna finally released Elsa from her embrace reluctantly.

She quickly wiped away her tears, her eyes focused on Elsa’s face.

She then took Elsa’s hands into hers and said, “Let’s go home so I can make some food for you, my child. Let me have supper with you for the first time and get to know you. Let us sit down together so I can take a good look at you, baby girl.”

Rosanna took Elsa’s hand to start leading her away. She wanted to pull Elsa to the door.

However, before she could even attempt to, Elsa pulled her hand away.

Rosanna was stunned as she looked at Elsa with a disappointed gaze.

“Elsa…”

“I’m not going anywhere with you, James and Rosanna.”

When Rosanna and James heard how Elsa addressed them by their names, they looked at her worriedly and were at a loss.

Rosanna called out with a broken heart, “Elsa…”

Elsa smiled lightly, lifting her beautiful eyes to look around. The only person in that room that she cared about was the Old Master.

She then looked at the couple and said, “Rosanna, do you remember that evening when your precious golden child made me stab myself and you and the Callahans had Jeremy drag me from the hospital and bring me over to the manor so you could slap me and harass me? Do you also remember that even after Victoria admitted to stabbing me in a video and cutting me again with a knife, both you, Rosanna, and James were among the people who called me to threaten me for Victoria’s sake and were willing to make a victim like me appear to be the villain just so Victoria’s name could be cleared in the public eye? Do you remember, James and Rosanna?”