𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘺 𝘖𝘯𝘦

"Jen,"  Ben called out, Jenny rushing over to the door he had peered into to see what must be her bedroom completely trashed with a man lying on the floor. Jenny didn't waste time to turn him onto his back to see the last person she expected to be injured on this floor.

"Cole,"  Jenny whispered, confused. "What happened to you?"  Cole stirred looking up at Jenny groggily.

"Delilah. . ."  He muttered. "No. . ." 

"No, what? What happened?"  Cole had seemed to finally register who was holding him, panicking.

"Get out. . . Jenny. . .!"  Cole coughed out blood.

"Why?" 

"Argh!"  Ben yelled in pain, suddenly collapsing as Jenny ran to his side.

"BEN!" 

"He's fine,"  Delilah stepped in front of the doorway, sneering down at Jenny holding a shotgun "I'm not here for him after all." 

"Delilah. . .why?"  Jenny looked up at her, feeling her heart break at the betrayal. She trusted her. Was everything just . . . a lie?

"Good night, Jennifer Jane."

______

"Why would you do this?"  Jenny questioned, now tied to a chair in an unknown room she had woken up from. She could guess they had moved locations. She watched as Delilah was polishing a gun.

"With how much poking around you've been getting at, I'd thought you'd figure it out by now. Guess you're not as bright as I thought you were,"  Delilah scoffed, loading the gun as Jenny felt her heart spike as she recognized the model. Sig Sauer P938, the same one her aunt used to kill her uncle. "I'm settling a score. Your parents killed my family," 

"How are you so sure?" 

"Because it has their mark all over it."  Delilah glared at her, "Your parents are vicious killers. They were nothing but dogs who bit the hand that fed them. Or in this case, killed the hand."

"What do I have to do with any of it, this all occurred before I was even born."  Jenny reasoned. "Why do you need my death?"

"To be very honest, I didn't plan on them dying so soon. I was hoping to kill you before them, let them suffer losing their loved one before taking their lives. But accidents occurred and will. . . you were hidden. Until we found you late."  Delilah sat at the chair facing Jenny. "I don't like to leave loose ends, so you have to go." 

"But I'm assuming that's not the full story, seeing how I'm still alive." 

"So you can catch on,"  Delilah dryly chuckled, "I plan to ruin you before I kill you. There's nothing you value more than your careful pathetic reputation. Oh and the boy."

"Touch a strand on his head and I will give you a suffering worse than any death."  Jenny threatened.

"I don't plan to,"  Delilah laughed, "He will though. It'll be the final act of our grand show."  She gestured to the screen now showing a live footage of Ben chained to a wall as Zander waved.

"Zander. . .?"  Jenny's eyes widened, her voice cracking at the sudden appearance of someone she thought was becoming a friend.

"We found him snooping on your orders a while ago, and you know, after a few offers he's decided to join the more beneficial side. Doesn't feel great does it? Having people you thought was trusting, only to stab you in the back?"