𝐉𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐄𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐲 #8

August 22, 2026

1:04pm

I can't sleep. Not really surprising. I thought the fire was my fault, and after, an accident. To think I was self-blaming myself for being the cause of their death when they were murdered. It's infuriating. Whoever did it is clearly still out there trying to annihilate the rest of my family, including me. I can't really pursue the culprit if I don't have any clue of their motives. I have to find out why they killed my parents and it'll maybe help me catch them up.

Not to mention I gotta find this brother of mine. There's a very high chance he lives in that house, my parent's house. He might know more than I do. He might know everything. I want to know why his identity is unknown. It's odd. For a family to be as unknown as mine. None of the neighbors know much besides they were friendly and always off on jobs.

Based on the letters, it's clear he's been keeping tabs on me for the past 7 years. He must have very strong connections. He was right about one thing. . . It was kinda creepy. I don't know if it's him watching me or the killer. But I can only hope it's the first. I also feel a bit sorry for him. a little. I didn't know about him, but he knew I was there but couldn't come to me himself, I wonder why. It must have been lonely. He'd be a great brother, if we had grown up together.

If I can't find my brother, I think I have to reach out to my aunt. As much as I'd hate to be within a foot of the most traumatizing woman in my life, I have to know what's going on.

─── Jenny

A/N: If any of you are curious about Jason's letters to Jenny, here are all of them below in order of oldest to newest!

____

Dear mi hermanita,

Happy 12th birthday! I would love to have joined you, and celebrate your special day. But I don't think I have any right to do that. I had thought you were dead for the past 9 years after all. It'd be unfair to you if I just shove myself into your life. Not when you're moving on from what I found out what Tia was doing to you.

I wish I had found you sooner. I wish I was the one to take you away from Tia Gizzelle. To be the one to bring back your smiles. But for now, I promise to protect you. From here on out, I'll make sure you're able to sleep with nothing but peaceful dreams. Especially since you made yourself known to the world. If I found out about you, I'm sure they did too.

Love, Your big brother

____

Dear mi hermanita,

feliz navidad mi preciosa hermana.

I see my little one is growing up enough to have crushes. I will trust he'll keep you happy. But I will hide his death if he does anything though! Your hermano mayor is a scary guy to others be warned!

Love, Your big brother

_____

Dear mi hermanita,

You're finally a teenager! You're basically the same age as me (Not really I'm still four years older) . I hope you enjoy the little anonymous birthday card I left you in your bag while you were walking. I can already imagine how your eyes would light up. One of my biggest wishes is to hug you, at least one time. But it'd be really weird if some random guy just did that out of nowhere huh?

Love, Your Big brother

______

Dear mi hermanita,

Feliz navidad! Santa had in fact left you a gift under the tree. Enjoy your hard-to-find pencils anywhere else because they haven't even come out to the rest of the world yet. ;) I'm sure you'll draw many beautiful sights with it.

Love, Your big brother

_____

Dear mi hermanita,

Happy 14th! You matured so much for someone so little. And so smart. Of course, you got those genes from Mama. You always loved copying her around the house. You were so squishy like a cute little moody chipmunk.

Love, Your big brother

______

Dear mi hermanita,

You graduated middle school! You're so close to the doors of adulthood. But don't grow up too fast. Or big brother will start crying. You looked so cute dressed up for the occasion. I'm cheering you on.

Love, Your big brother

______

Dear mi hermanita,

15 already?? It's like it was just yesterday you were only 3 years old. Crying in Papa's arms as you all waved me off when I was 12. Though you don't remember, You used to always want to do what I did. You probably thought about hiding in my suitcase at some point. (though I'd LOVE to kidnap you and keep you, I don't want to take you to someplace too dangerous for a toddler) I managed to save our home from being auctioned as your gift. I hope one day you can come to call this place home once more.

Love, Your big brother

______

Dear mi hermanita,

It must've been hard to put on the watch. Even harder to leave behind your normal life for one of heroism. Though you make things a lot more complicated for me, the number of people coming after you increases with that watch, your identity and locations are going to be easier for them to find out. You really have my work cut out for me. And I noticed how upset you were watching Benjamin hanging around the girl, Julie Yamamoto Yet you don't hold anything bad against her do you? After all, it's hard for you to hate anyone. Some small part of you probably still regards Tia Gizzelle as family still. You have a bigger heart than I do.

Love, Your big brother

______

Dear mi hermanita,

Enjoy the oreo truffles I left you in your locker. I thought you'd need a delicious pick-me-up. You're not looking like your usual self. I wish I could just hold you instead of watching you cry when you think you're alone.

Love, Your big brother

_____

Dear mi hermanita,

Happy Sweet Sixteen! I'm so glad everything has begun to work out for you. You and Benjamin seem to be patching up your relationship (I can't lie, watching you two as little kids were pretty cute) You seem to have your smile back. You seem to be getting the hang of the watch too. Your big brother is working hard on your protection so just stay healthy and do what makes you happiest. Guess I won't be assassinating that Benjamin guy after all.

Love, Your big brother

_____

Dear mi hermanita,

Feliz navidad! It warms me to see you spending it with your chosen family. I'm grateful for the Tennysons welcoming you with open arms. I wish to one day try your delicious-looking treats!

Love, Your big brother

_______

Dear mi hermanita,

You're one year away from no longer being a minor! Unforgivable. I cannot accept that my cute little sister is losing her littleness (at least, mentally. You're still as short as you were as a 15-year-old)

Love, Your big brother