Chapter Twenty-Eight.

Chapter 28: The Calm Before The Storm.

"You need to come with me, now!" Beck stated.

My eyes widened by his words. What gave him the right to just walk up to me and say that? I'm not his girlfriend anymore. He does not have the right to order me around anymore. "Excuse me, what?" I asked. "You're joking, right?"

"No disrespect bro, but you can't just come up to us and say shit like that." Pierre said. He stood up straight and walked towards Beck. I quickly ran up to Pierre who was standing face to face with Beck.

"No disrespect bro, but this conversation is between me and Skyler." Beck said. He looked Pierre dead in the eye.

"What is going on here?" Carlos intervened. He was holding a drink in his hand.

"Oh great, it's towel boy again." Beck said and sighed.

"Towel boy." Pierre muttered underneath his breath.

"And it's the arrogant asshole again." Carlos said with a straight face.

Beck clenched his fists and turned to face Carlos and that was when I knew that I needed to stop them before things could get out of hand. "Guys, stop!" I said and stepped into the middle of them. Looking at Beck I asked, "Beck, what do you want?"

"Ruben tried to call you. Why didn't you answer your phone?" Asked Beck.

Ruben? Ruben must have called him when I didn't answer. I hadn't actually told him that Beck and I broke up.

"I answered it too late. I said I'll call him tomorrow. Why? What's wrong?" I asked, sounding confused. If Ruben called Beck then something must definitely be wrong.

"Who's Ruben?" Asked Pierre.

I turned to face Pierre. "My cousin."

"He needs to talk to you Skyler. He says that it's urgent. He's waiting at my apartment. That's why I came to get you." Beck said.

I knew I had to go with him. I didn't even have to think about it. "Okay, let's go." I said.

"I'm coming with you." Said Pierre and I nodded immediately.

"No!" Beck protested.

"Yes, if I go, he goes too." I said.

"Are you sure?" Beck asked. It was obvious that Beck was trying to look out for me. He knows how sensitive my feelings are when it comes to my family.

"I trust him."

"Come on then, let's go."

Pierre and I informed the group that we were going to step out for a bit right before following Beck to his car. The drive to Beck's apartment was awkward and thankfully it was short as well. We arrived at Beck apartment and a huge smile formed on my face when I saw my cousin Ruben and his two close friends sitting in Beck's living room.

Oh, did I mention that my cousin is Ruben Dias the Portuguese Manchester City treble winner. His friends that were sitting on the couch were his teammates Jack Grealish and John Stones.

I think Pierre's jaw dropped down to the floor when he saw the boys. He's a United supporter but I'm sure it was still an honour for him to meet three treble winners. By the looks of it, these boys looked like they were out partying.

"RUBS!" I yelled and ran towards my cousin. Ruben is the only family member from my father's side that actually cares about me and shows interest in my life.

"Hey, little sis!" Ruben said and welcomed me with open arms. We hugged each other for a few minutes before I pulled away and moved to Jack.

"Hi, Grealo." I said and hugged Jack. I could smell the alcohol on him.

"Little D, you look great." Jack said. Little D meaning Little Dias. That was Jack's nickname for me.

I moved away from Jack and went straight in for a hug from John. "Hi, Stonesy." I said as I hugged him.

"Hey, Skye." He said and hugged me back.

Pierre looked so happy when I introduced him to the boys. He was even happier when Ruben offered him the chance to play football with him and the boys. Pierre made sure to mention that Charles and Carlos also enjoyed playing football. Ruben invited them too obviously. And Beck too.

"So, what's up? Why did you want to see me?" I asked Ruben.

Ruben looked at me and then looked over to Pierre and then back at me. "Is it okay to talk in front of Pierre?" He asked.

"Yeah, we're kind of." I said and trailed off. I looked at Pierre and smiled before turning my attention back to Ruben. "Beck and I broke up so I'm kind off seeing Pierre now." I said.

I heard Beck scoff and rolled my eyes. The level of immaturity he displays is ridiculous. All eyes were suddenly on Beck.

Jack stood up and pointed at Beck. "What did you do?" Jack asked Beck angrily.

"Grealo, sit down please. This is not the time for this." I said.

Jack shot me a glare before turning his attention back to Beck. "I'm not done with you yet." Jack said and then sat back down. At the side of my eye, I could see Pierre grinning.

"The boys were with me when I got the call from my father. Skye, your father is under investigation for shipping illegal products into the country. He wanted me to warn you that things can get really messy very quickly." Ruben explained.

My father is Jonathan Dias. He is one of the biggest Business Tycoons in Europe. He abandoned my mother and I when she was pregnant with my sister. As soon as he found out the sex of their child, he walked out because he wanted a son. He then got remarried a year later and finally got the son he wanted. I never understood why he did what he did at that time but as I got older, I started to realise. Obviously my father would be the one to get himself in trouble with the police. All he cares about is money. "Illegal products like what?" I asked.

"I don't know but this, this can change everything for you." Ruben warned. I could see the pity in his eyes.

"No, it won't. He won't drag me into this. He knows that I want nothing to do with." I said.

There was a brief moment of silence before I could feel Pierre's hand on my lower back. I turned to look at him and he too had that same look of pity in his eyes. "Skye, your father is under investigation which means the FBI is going to dig into his past and they're going to find out that you exist. And they will drag you into this not him." Pierre explained.

My mind had already processed that thought but hearing Pierre say it out loud made it sound so real. "But I don't want anyone to find out that I'm his daughter." I said.

"We know. My father said that he will try to protect you from this as much as he can." Said Ruben.

"I can call my dad. He has contacts in the FBI. Surely he can get them to keep this under wraps." Beck said.

"Whatever happens Skye, we're all here for you." Said Pierre with a reassuring smile.

"Yeah especially if you get exposed." Ruben said and placed a hand on my knee.

This is huge. I never thought of the day that the world will come to know that Jonathan is my father. I never thought of what would happen. And now that moment might arrive. I'm embarrassed. I'm embarrassed to call him my father. I'm embarrassed for the world to know that that selfish dirtbag is my father. But this is the reality of it and I have to prepare myself for what's to come next. Thankfully I have Pierre by my side.

🏎️🏎️🏎️

Let me know your thoughts x

Please vote and comment 🙏🏽