Chapter Twenty-Four.

Chapter 24: Seeing Red.

I fluttered my eyes open and let out a yawn as I stretched out my hands. The memories from last night and this morning quickly flooded my mind. The Do or Drink! game, the hot sex with Pierre, the grinding on the dancefloor and the make out session before going off to sleep. I quickly turned around to see his beautiful face but all I saw was an empty space next to me. Pierre wasn't in bed, he wasn't even in the room. I reached onto his nightstand and grabbed my phone. I looked at the time and it was 07:05. Slipping out of his bed, I took a quick look at myself in the stand up mirror that was in his room. His shirt was not only big on me but it was also long even to reach just above my thighs. I reached down into my shoes to get my socks. I put on my socks and walked out of his room in an attempt to find him.

The hallway was quiet. Everyone was still asleep. I knew because of all the loud snores I heard coming from the rooms. I walked down the stairs and still he was nowhere to be seen. I heard a noise coming from the kitchen and just for a second I thought that it was Pierre but instead I found Carlos pouring himself a glass of orange juice.

"Good morning, Skyler." Said the Spanish brood. I watched as Carlos looked at me head to toe. Why wouldn't he? I was practically only wearing Pierre's t-shirt. "Want some juice?" He asked.

"Good morning. Yes please." I said and smiled at him. Carlos handed me the glass of orange juice he had in his hand. "Thank you." I said.

"You welcome." He said while grabbing a cup to pour himself a glass of juice.

"Hey, have you seen Pierre?" I asked. I took a sip of my orange juice as I waited for his answer.

"No, no I haven't." Said Carlos. "Is something wrong?" Carlos asked with a concerned voice.

I shook my head signalling no. At that exact moment, the front door opened and then closed. I placed my orange juice on the counter and walked towards the foyer. There he was, heading for the staircase. "Pierre." I called out.

He turned around to face me and he seemed angry. His cheeks were red and so was his ears. "Morning." He said, harshly. For a moment, I thought he was angry at me for some reason but I wasn't certain. He was so worked up and that made me ask the question.

"Where were you?" I asked, surprised by the words that came out off my mouth. I meant to ask him what was wrong but instead I asked him something completely different.

My question seemed to upset him even more. Noticing Carlos who was standing in the kitchen, Pierre grabbed my hand and opened the front door, pulling me outside with him. He closed the door and then walked down the porch stairs. I followed closely behind him. "Where was I? I don't owe you an explanation, Skyler. Just because I fucked you twice doesn't give you the right to question me." He spat. His face getting more and more red by the second.

I was surprised by his words, by the nasty comment that he made. He was being so cold towards me for absolutely no reason. The way he talked about us having sex left me disgusted. How could he use that against me? Did that not mean anything to him at all? "Because you fucked me," I mimicked his words, "let me ask you something, did the sex mean anything to you? Do I mean anything to you?" I asked. I tried my best to hold back the tears from falling from my eyes but I failed miserably.

Pierre started to tear up as well. He hesitated for a moment before responding with a "no." His words cut deeper than a knife. I was so wrong for thinking that he felt the same way about me. The same way I felt about him. I thought our feelings were mutual. I know that we were just messing around but I was hoping that at some point, it would turn into something serious but clearly, Pierre didn't feel the same way.

"You're disgusting honestly." I said. I saw a hint of regret on his face. When he didn't say anything, I decided to walk away from him. I couldn't believe how pathetic he was being. I heard him call out my name as I reached the front door. I opened the door and ran up the stairs, straight into his room. I grabbed my belongings and walked out of his room. I couldn't stand to be in his room much longer. I walked over to the nearest bathroom and leaned against the door as more tears streamed down my face. After a few minutes, I walked over to the sink and washed my face.

When I arrived downstairs, Carlos was strolling through his phone as he sat at the dining room table with his orange juice. He looked at me as soon as he heard my footsteps. "Everything okay?" He asked. I know for a fact that he had overheard my short conversation with Pierre outside. I shook my head signalling no. "You want me to drop you off at your dorm?" Carlos offered. I nodded and Carlos immediately stood up.

The ride back to the dorms was quiet. I didn't know what to say to Carlos. I couldn't say anything to him because of how stupid I felt. I felt used and pathetic. When we arrived outside the girls hostel, I thanked Carlos before heading to my room.

🏎️🏎️🏎️

Let me know your thoughts x

Please vote and comment 🙏🏽