Chapter Seventeen.

Chapter 17: Commando

Searching through my wardrobe for what felt like the hundredth time today, I sighed in frustration when I couldn't find the perfect dress to wear to the Barbecue. I had specific instructions to wear a dress and since I have absolutely no idea what Pierre is capable of doing, I think the best option for me is to play it safe. Although, I do actually want to find out what I'm dealing with. I looked at the clock that was on our dorm room wall and saw that I literally only had 30 minutes to get ready. Lando said that he was fetching us at 4 and it was already 3:30. After one final look through my wardrobe, I decided on wearing a two piece outfit. I know it was not a dress but it was super cute and I could go commando in it, which was one of the requirements for today.

I quickly changed into my brown two piece which I paired with a white pair of sneakers

I quickly changed into my brown two piece which I paired with a white pair of sneakers. I looked at myself in the mirror and I was proud of my outfit. I knew in the back of my head that not following Pierre's orders was going to have some repercussions and whatever it was, I was ready to face it. Once again, I decided to go light with my make up, only applying foundation, some concealer, contour, blush, highlighter and some powder on my face. I also put on a nude lipstick as well as some lipliner to make it stand out. I made sure to do my eyes though. I used a bronze eyeshadow, I drew my winged liner thin but made my eyeliner dark. I added my mascara and then started to accessorise. I put on a gold butterfly chain and hand chain set as well as some gold rings so that my fingers didn't look too bare.

Suddenly, Aria opened the room door and gasped when she saw me. "You look hot." She said. Aria had forgotten her sociology book in class so all this time, she was at the administration office trying to get it back. Since she was already ready, Lando had picked her up first before coming to get me.

"Thanks Ari." I responded. I grabbed my phone from my nightstand and walked towards the door.

"Dressing for anyone in particular?" Aria asked with a smirk on her face. That was her way of fishing for answers.

Without hesitation I responded, "Myself. I'm a single lady now. I can dress however I want." I said and laughed. I couldn't always wear what I wanted with Beck. He would always find some fault in my dressing.

"Preach it, girl." Aria said.

Once we were out of the room, Aria locked the room door and we walked down to Lando's car. The drive to their fraternity was about 10 minutes long. Aria and Lando talked for most of the time whilst I just sat there quietly in the backseat, looking out the window. We arrived at the fraternity and immediately I was consumed by anxiousness. I blatantly disobeyed one of Pierre's instructions. Jumping out of the car, I braced myself for what was to come next.

As soon as we walked inside, the first person I saw was Charles. Honestly, I was very happy to see Charles because this entire time, I felt like a third wheel to Lando and Aria. Charles was dressed in a white Lewis t-shirt with a crème striped shorts and white Adidas sneakers. "Bonjour madame." Charles said as soon as he spotted me.