Beast

(Before this one starts I want to say I got some of the ideas for this chapter from @KumihoQueen definitely go read their beauty and the beast, it's outstanding!)

Hermione has only ever been rude to one being. A fairy. And a powerful one at that. And the fairy placed a terrible curse on her. Making her grow in size and be completely covered in fur. She was a beast...condemned to live in the forbidden forest, as everyone she knew forgot her existence and she forgot theirs. Living in solitude, made her lose all humanity and now she lives as a predator.

It was almost pitch black, the forest was lit only by the full moon but she could see. She rushed through the forest smelling the blood of the prey she was stalking.

Her slit pupils dilated and she pushed her paws into the dirt and leaped into the trees, jumping from branch to branch. Finally seeing the prey she's been chasing, she leaped from the branch and landed on the deer. Before she could land the killing blow to it she saw a red flare shoot her way.

She jumped out of the way just inches before it hit her. She turned her head and saw a cloak go behind a big rock, she quickly ran towards the rock and pounced on the figure that was trying to hide behind it. Shoving it to the ground she bared her teeth, growling deep in her throat.

Her deep dark brown eyes stared into the black voids of the man's eyes under her. He pulled his wand and she saw some sort of light come out of it and her shoulder began gushing blood. He pushed the beasts furry hand off him and she fell on her hurt shoulder. Howling in pain she began getting up and saw the figure running from her.

He was already about 100 feet infront off her dodging in between trees. She ran after him and caught up quick. She leaped up and landed infront of him. He got startled and fell backwards. Dropping his wand. He started to scramble backwards.

"W-what are you? Some sort of werewolf hybrid..." He was still moving backwards til he hit a tree. The female beast stood on her hind legs and stood at her full height growling deeply at him. She then leaned down and into his face, her snout almost touching his nose.

"Why are you in my forest?" She spoke with a deep but still feminine voice. He looked even more confused. "Y-you can talk? You're no werewolf..what are you?" She opened her mouth showing her sharp teeth.
"I don't answer to puny humans. This is MY forest! Now get out!"

She stood up again and moved back, allowing him to stand. He stood slowly keeping a close eye on the giant beast infront of him. He began walking backwards before he than quickly turned to run away. She was staring at him watching him run.

He quickly ran from the forest and straight into the castle. He stopped when he finally reached his chambers and thought about his options.

Do I tell someone?
Do I leave it?
What if students run into it?
Do I kill it?

Think Severus...THINK! No I shouldn't tell anyone, I'll deal with it myself but I'll have to do it tomorrow night. He thought as he took off his cloak and got ready for bed.

It was the next day and the sun was setting. The large female beast, wandered around her forest. And looked for a place to rest. She was too far from her cave and she was getting thirsty. So after finding a nice pond to drink from, she went up and rested on a tree. Closing her eyes and listening to the sounds of the wind blowing around her.

As she saw darkness behind her eyelids she saw a flash of something in her mind.. those onyx eyes that stared at her. Why did I let him go? Why did he look so familiar?

So many questions ran through her mind. She stood from the tree and looked across the pond seeing ducks and fish, also deer drinking from the opposite end of the pond staring at her cautiously.

She was in a sour mood now. Turning from the pond she saw a man standing in front of her but it wasn't a normal man he was half horse, half man, and to make it worse there were three of them. She growled not in the mood to pick a fight. "Shoo pests!" The centaurs sneered at her and trampled away.

She watched them leave and she chuckled. "Cowards."

She walked around her forest for almost 30 minutes until she heard screams. Human screams.

A man scream?

She got on all fours and rushed to the sound. Swerving in between trees, she finally reached the source of the sound. It was the man she let go last night, being attacked by the centaurs she had shoo'd away. She could see him on the ground being stomped on by three pairs of horse hooves.

"Hey!" She growled loudly. They stopped and looked at her. She stood tall.

They all looked at eachother then grinned at her. She looked cautiously at them. Then the three of them quickly pulled the bows of their back and all loaded them with arrows that had heads that were made with a sharp rock. "You wouldn't dare." She growled again taking a step closer. They all pulled back and fired at her. Only two arrows hitting her out of the three.

She howled out in pain as one hit her in her stomach and one in her leg. Her vision turned red and she lunged off the ground and landed on the one in the front and slashed the horse body. Leaving a giant gash in them.

She then turn to the other one and lunged for him but he was smart and held out his knife and plunged it in her side, she raised her claws to slash him but before she could hit him she felt a pain in her back. She got shot with another arrow. She scrunched her snout up and barred her teeth at them all.

Growling so deep, everyone could've sworn the trees were shaking. She stalked towards the one that shot her in the back. She swung her claws at him and hit his human chest. He yelled out in pain and began running away. The other two helping each other then running away as-well.

She quickly turned to the human man she saw, he was standing now but holding his rib area. She tilted her head slightly. She went to open her mouth but she realized her vision was getting dark and saw white spots in her vision. That's when she finally realized she was more injured then she thought. She looked down and in her brown fur she could see big splotches of a deep red color all over her. Her leg, stomach, side and even dried blood on her shoulder from her previous injury.

Seeing the knife still in her side she pulled it out but instantly regretted it from the pain that came afterwards.

She looked at the man in black again.

She felt herself falling backwards. Everything went dark.