Perfume

I had my 6th years make Amortentia. I was almost excited because it meant I could smell...my Lily. Finally a student had raised their hand. "Yes Mr.Tully?" The student looked at their potion instead of me. "I'm done professor." I stood and went to stand infront of him and his concoction. I bent my head, smelling the potion. My eyes retched open.

That's not my Lily.

I composed myself before looking at him. "Very well, bottle it and leave it on my desk." The student nodded their head and went to grab an empty potion bottle. I went back to my desk.

Vanilla, honey, and I can't place the last smell. That's not Lily's smell.

The bell chimed letting the student know it was time to leave. "I want a 3 foot scroll on todays lesson. With what you should and shouldn't do with that potion." They all groaned which made me feel alittle better. As they all poured out I decided I needed to go on a walk. As that was my last class of the day, I didn't have a time I needed to get back.

As Severus walked the castle grounds. Hermione was on the fifth floor telling her last class they we're dismissed. She walked out behind them and went towards the owlerly to send a letter to Ms.Weasley. She was walking down the corridor when she saw Severus walking around outside. It was snowing outside and so when she walked up to him she saw him wearing a black scarf around his neck and face.

"Good evening Severus." She said sweetly. He looked over and grunted at her. She chuckled. "What's wrong, wasn't able to give anyone detention?" He looked at her and pulled his scarf down to scorn her for mocking him but stoped. That's when he smelled it. Vanilla, honey, and still one more he couldn't place. He was shocked and it showed.

"Are you okay Severus?" She asked putting a hand on his arm. He shook his head coming back to reality. "Uh yeah, and I'm fine. Where are you headed?" She smiled at him. "Just going to send a letter to Molly. Would you care to join?"

Probably not. She thought.

"Sure."

"Alright, then I'll see you la- wait really?" He nodded. She smiled brightly and happily walked by his side. "So how were classes?" He looked down at her. "They were okay I guess, had the upper classmen brew Amortentia."

"How'd that go, did you smell it?" He nodded his head. She stopped walking and looked up at him. "Did you enjoy your dream smell." She giggled waving him off and continued walking, leaving him standing there. "I'm kidding you don't have to answer." He continued walking with her. "Actually I did, it was a surprise though because it changed." Hermione looked up at him. "Your smell changed?" He nodded at her.

They finally made it inside the building that had dozens of owls everywhere. She found her owl and tied the note to him, giving him a treat as-well before he flew off. She turned to find Snape right behind her. She froze seeing him so close. "You're perfume, what smell is that." He got closer almost backing her into the wall. She gulped. "Its just vanilla." He moved closer. Her heart beating rapidly. "And your shampoo?"

"Um, honey and Amber."

Amber. That's the third smell.

"Hermione, you're what I smell. I'm sorry if that's straight forward. But, you smell amazing." He said backing her up to the wall. She looked at his dark eyes, then down to his lips. They were just slightly parted. She had him as her Amortentia smell for years now.

"You've been my smell since my 6th year." He looked taken back but only for a second before he tipped her head up and kissed her passionately. No tongue, no touching, just a kiss.

They both had their eyes closed so they didn't see the two students walking up. "AWWWW professors!!!!" It was two girl Slytherins so he didn't take house points. "Professor!! Does this mean you guys are a thing?!" The girls screeched together. Hermione looked down and bit her lip. "Well do you want it to be?" He asked Hermione.

She immediately looked up at him. She smiled and nodded her head.

"Yes."