Chapter 25- Are they in Love?

"Mukti aur kitna time lagega?" Manik asked as Mukti is getting ready to Lonavala for her babymoon. "We're ready, shall we start?" said Abhimanyu. "Siya bhi hota tho kitna hota na" Mukti said. "She is leaving to New York tonight, I will drop you both and will come back again" Manik said. "Manik, we will go, you can go and spend some time with Siya" Mukti is concerned about Manik and Siya. "No, I promised mom that I will safely take you till Lonavala, I have already said Siya that I will meet her at the airport" Manik said. They started their journey. Manik and Abhimanyu sat in the front while Mukti had comfortably occupied back seat of the car.

"I never want this pregnancy phase to end, itna pampering jo mil raha hai mujhe" Mukti said. "Why? Didn't you say that you eagerly want to see our baby?" Abhimanyu reminded Mukti. "Ha, wo bhi hai aur ye bhi hai" Mukti didn't know what to say. "Abhi and Mukti, please be careful there. Kal main aaunga pick up karne. I just want both of you to be very careful" Manik said. "Manik, tumhe aane ki zarurat nahi hai, we will come by cab" Mukti said. "Lagta hai Abhi likes me coming with you, only you are arguing Mukti" Manik said. "Of course, who doesn't want wife's brother when you are on outing with your wife?" Abhimanyu said sarcastically.

"Correction, pregnant wife bolna chahiye tha tumko" Manik said to Abhimanyu. "Ye meri baat sunegi nahi agar tum ho tho kam se kam sunn tho legi" Abhimanyu said. Manik and Abhimanyu were having fun banter and laughed their hearts out. Rarely Manik gets time with his family. He enjoys it to the fullest when he gets to spend time with his family. Mukti stayed silent while Manik and Abhi were having their best conversations. ''Mukti, why aren't you talking anything? Why are you so silent?'' Abhimanyu asked her. ''Some uneasiness I think'' Mukti replied. ''Acidity ho raha hai kya? Should we just pull over for a bit?'' Manik asked. ''No need Manik, I should be fine in some time, kabhi kabhi mujhe aisa hi ho raha hai, these false alarms and all'' Mukti said. ''Mukti, you look tired, I think this is not a false alarm, let's go to the doctor'' Abhimanyu said as he is alert. ''Maybe you're right Abhi'' Mukti finally agreed. Abhimanyu joined Mukti at the back seat as Manik wanted him to be right beside her. ''I feel like I'm in labor'' Mukti announced. Manik and Abhimanyu panicked as they heard her. ''I told you not to take any risk in this time'' Manik said. 

''Manik, ye thaane marne ki time hai kya? Just drive to the nearest hospital'' Abhimanyu said. ''Oh, my water just broke'' Mukti announced. ''There's no time Manik, we'll have to rush'' Abhimanyu said. ''Mom was right, I shouldn't have planned something like this'' Mukti regretted her decision. Manik stopped at the hospital and they took her inside. They sent Mukti inside and mentioned her water broke. ''I have to tell mom now'' Manik said as he tried calling Nyonika but it went unreachable. ''Call hi nahi lag raha hai'' Manik said worrying about Nyonika. ''Call someone and ask them to get aunty here'' Abhimanyu suggested. Manik called Siya and asked her to get Nyonika. ''Siya, Mukti is in labor and mom ka phone nahi lag raha hai, please get her here, I will send you the location'' Manik said in a hurry. ''Ok, Manik you don't worry, I'll get her soon'' Siya agreed. Manik strolled there not knowing what to do and saw someone familiar.

Manik couldn't see her face clearly but he felt that she is familiar. ''Nandini?'' he thought. He went near her. ''Is this Nandini? Should I call her out?'' he thought for a second. ''Why would she be here?'' Manik had a second thought. ''Manik? You here!'' Nandini turned to see Manik in front of her. ''I also have the same question for you'' Manik is still in dilemma. ''Aryaman ko accident ho gaya'' she said. Manik was shocked. ''What? Kaise?'' he asked. ''We went out for shopping but Aryaman said he wants to surprise you, so he said we will go to Lonavala, raaste mein accident hua hai'' she said. ''Aur tumhe kuch hua tho nahi?'' he asked with a concern. ''No, I didn't have any major injury'' she said and Manik saw blood dripping from her elbow. ''Itna saara khoon beh raha hai yaha! Can't you see'' he wrapped her elbow on his handkerchief and asked nurse to dress her wound. He went to see Aryaman who is unconscious. He left from there in silence making sure not to disturb him.

Nandini got her wound dressed and took medication for pain relief. Manik and Abhimanyu stood there worried for Mukti. ''Can the lady's husband come in, she needs him for pushing baby?'' the nurse said. ''No, I'm scared, please aap hi kuch kijiye'' Abhimanyu said. ''Don't say that. A wife needs her husband more than anyone else, I will come with you, let's go to see her'' Nandini encouraged Abhimanyu to go inside with her. They wore aprons and went inside. She long pressed Manik's hand in assurance that Mukti will be fine and Manik forced a smile on his face. ''Mukti, are you fine?'' Abhimanyu asked her who is almost on the verge of fainting. ''Mr. Abhimanyu, don't let your wife faint, encourage her to push the baby out'' doctor said. ''Mukti, please push the baby, it's our dream to see the tiny little feet, you can do it, push'' Abhimanyu said. ''Ok, let us also help Mukti push out the baby'' Nandini said. ''Ahh'' Mukti howled in pain. ''I can't'' Mukti said. ''Mukti, don't just give up, at the end it will be all worth when you see your baby'' Nandini said. 

''Mukti, please bear the pain for some time, the baby will be here in no time'' doctor said. They all motivated and pushed along with Mukti. After few efforts, Mukti finally delivered a baby boy. ''Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Abhimanyu'' the doctor said. ''Birth time, 11:17 pm'' Mukti's tears rolled down when she heard it. Abhimanyu hugged her. ''Here, take your baby'' doctor handed over the baby first to Abhimanyu. He was overwhelmed to carry his son for the first time. ''Welcome champ'' he said smiling. Nandini came out and saw Manik being tensed. ''Its a baby boy'' she said and Manik happily hugged her. Time froze then and there for Manik and Nandini. Manik broke the hug with an awkward silence. ''Congratulations, mama ban gaya na'' she said. Siya and Nyonika came there. ''Manik, where is Mukti?'' Nyonika asked. ''Maa, Mukti delivered a baby boy'' Manik said happily. Nyonika rushed to see Mukti. ''Nandini, tum yaha?'' Siya asked seeing Nandini there. ''Actually Aryaman ka accident hua hai, while she and Aryaman is on way to reach us, he is also admitted here'' Manik said on her behalf. ''Oh, is he safe?'' Siya asked. ''Yes, he is! He is still unconscious'' Nandini said.

''Manik, come we will see the baby'' Siya took Manik inside. Nandini stood there alone. ''Whatever Manik told last night, was that true? Did he never loved her?'' she thought. ''But anyone can tell how close they were to each other?'' she thought. ''But Manik himself told me that he didn't love her, was that real or Manik never meant what I'm thinking now'' she was caught in her thoughts about Siya and Manik. ''Congratulations Mukti, and I'm sorry too, I have to leave now'' Siya said. ''Yeah, it all happened in minutes and I didn't realize you were leaving to airport, I think abhi tumhe jaana chahiye'' Manik said. They both came out and rushed towards her car. Nandini followed them till Siya's car. ''Driver, please drive slow aur itna bhi slow nahi ki wo apni flight miss ho jaye'' Manik said. ''Yes sir, I will drive her safe'' driver said. Manik hugged Siya before she left and kissed on her fore head. 

''Maybe I'm wrong about Manik and Siya, I can clearly see how much he loves her'' Nandini has a tinge of jealous in her seeing Siya and felt bad for reasons unknown to her.