Chapter 54- Sweet Revenge

Manik's POV: 

''Why is Nandini here?'' I asked Aryaman as she left. ''I've got her here'' I can't believe he did that. ''Are you really my friend Aryaman? You have got her here and tumne ye mujhse chupaya? I mean I would have apologized her before letting her know about this'' I said. ''Nandini ko kuch cheezein clear karna hai, it was her decision to not come out. I have already apologized on your behalf and believe me maine ye sab tumhe neeche dikhane ke liye nahi kiya. Main Nandini ko ye samjhana chahta tha ki tum ye sab Siya ke liye kar rahe ho, I wanted to show how much you love Siya'' he said. ''But ye sab tumhe kyu karna pada? It's all about perspective Aryaman! If I would have told all this to Nandini, I would have apologized to her but she came to know all this through you, usko kya lagega that I have done all this to insult her'' I said. 

''Manik, I have told her the same, yaha baat sirf ek award ki nahi hai'' he said. ''Phir kis liye baat ho raha hai yaha?'' I don't want to argue with him anymore. ''Maine ye sab kiya but iska matlab ye nahi ki I hate Nandini, mujhe bhi uski fikar hai'' I said. ''Mujhe usse maafi maangna hai, main jaa raha hu'' I said and left from there following Nandini. Jab bhi wo upset ho jati hai, kisiko bataye bina wo chali jati hai. I hope she doesn't leave all of a sudden now. I have reached her place as soon as I could. I rang her door bell bu there is no reply. Luckily I have her flat keys so I tried to open the door but then she opened it herself. ''Nandini meri baat suno'' I said entering home. 

''What should I know more? Wasn't that enough?'' she said. ''Tum baat ko galat samaj rahe ho? I didn't knew you were there?'' I said. ''If you would have known that I'm there, you will never say that to Aryaman and I would have never know about you'' she said. Aryaman has successfully damaged the whole scenario. ''Nandini, zaruri nahi hai ki jo dikhta hai wahi sahi ho, let me explain you'' I said. ''Even I have thought the same when Aryaman told me about you, but you proved me wrong'' she said. Nandini was in tears. ''So, all of this is because of Aryaman, let me call him up'' I said but she denied. ''I don't want to talk to anyone'' she said. "Nandini, please listen to me" I said holding her hand but she didn't let me.

"Don't ever touch me Manik" she moved away from me. "How dare you to touch me? Whatever you did, everything was so private. I never realized that no one knew about us, no, you never wanted anyone to know about us" she accused me. "Aisa nahi hai, tell me what you want me to do?" I asked her. "Sab kuch pehle ke jaise karo, just undo whatever happened. Tell Siya that it's not her and it's me who got selected" she asked me. I am so helpless now. "Nandini, it was Siya who helped you in the first place, if she did not reject the role, you would have never got this" I tried to explain her. "Exactly, she rejected and I chose to do it. Agar Siya sach mein deserving hoti tho ye award usko hi milta na, why would I make a fuss of it if she is good at her job" she asked.

"You are misunderstanding her, Siya did not ask for an award, I just did this to make her happy" I said. "Nandini, I love you, please trust me. I don't want Siya to think that I'm loving you because of your success, I want to be there for you in your failures too. If not today, you can get many such awards tomorrow. I don't want to hurt Siya when I tell Siya about you, about Us, about our love" I said. I never thought I had to propose Nandini in this way. "Ye kaisa pyar hua Manik, you are asking me to back off from a race just because you love me. So you think you can take me granted if you love me!" she said.

"Maybe I'm wrong but my love for you is true Nandini" I can't see her like this. "Tumne mujhe kiss kiya, humare baare mein tho kisi ko nahi bataya tumne. You are taking for granted because you love me and are you still expecting me to love you?" she asked me. "I don't want to be a second priority to a man who loves me. I can't love you Manik" she said. "No, you are lying, you can't just reject me like this. I know you love me too" I said but she didn't wanted to listen to me. "Enough is enough Manik, please go out of my sight. I don't want to see you" she was in tears. This is what I never wanted to see in my life. My heart bleeds to see Nandini in this condition. Maybe I should have asked her before making any decision. I thought Nandini might understand about Siya but she took it all wrong.