Chapter 83- Big Revelation

Manik's POV:

''Aren't you forgetting something?'' I asked her as she was all set to leave. ''Nahi tho'' she said. ''Hum alag alag kyu jaa rahe hai! I mean we are going to a same place. Ek car mein nahi jaa sakte par ek saath jaa sakte hai na'' I asked her. ''Ha but Rohan has called me for breakfast, so I'm leaving early to join him'' she said. ''I'm not jealous of him Nandini, no need of mentioning his name again and again'' I said. He clearly knew that Nandini doesn't love him then why is he doing all this! ''It had become a ritual that we both had breakfast together almost everyday'' she said. It is good to know that she is comfortable with him but all of this is before he proposed his love for her. Nandini has always thought of him as a best friend but Rohan ka taur tarike mujhe theek nahi lag raha hai. I was in my own space when she left from home saying that Rohan might be waiting for her. 

I got ready and reached the set on time for Cabir. I'm feeling nervous today and remembered the first day of shoot with Cabir. I had to do many retakes as Cabir wouldn't be satisfied with what he delivered. ''It's an 8th wonder today, Manik Malhotra reached on sets on time that too on the very first day'' Cabir commented. ''But bad luck neither of the actresses are still here, I think we should wait'' Navya said. I saw someone familiar on the sets after a long time and it took me few minutes to see if she was the same person. ''Meher, is it you?'' I asked her after 5 minutes. ''Thank God Manik sir, I thought you would not recognize me'' she said. ''How would I forget you? It's actually good to see you here'' I said. ''Who is she by the way?'' Cabir whispered to me. ''Oh, I forgot to introduce you both. Meher, ye hai humare director Cabir'' I said to her. ''Cabir ji ko kaun nahi jaanta hai sir'' she smiled. ''Cabir, this is Meher, Siya ki personal make up and hair dresser'' I said. ''But we already have a makeup professional for both Siya and Nandini'' Navya intervened.

''But Siya ma'am doesn't do hair or makeup in movies with everyone, she is not just comfortable with other random artists'' she said. ''Siya ma'am called me and made sure that I reach on set before her, Is she already here?'' Meher asked. ''No, she might be on her way'' I said. ''Aane se pehle hi itne arrangements!'' Cabir said. ''Navya tum Nandini se call karke poocho wo kaha hai'' I asked Navya and she went to call. ''I hope both of them won't make it hard for you'' Cabir said smiling. ''They will definitely make it anyhow. I hope kuch tamasha na ho, mujhe bahut awkward aur nervous feel ho raha hai'' I said. Siya came there in no time. ''Hi Siya, welcome on board'' Cabir wished her. ''Meher is already here and she might be waiting for you'' I said. ''Sure, I'll see her'' she said and left in a hurry when Navya said that we are all waiting for pooja. ''Nandini ab tak kyu nahi aayi'' I asked Navya. ''She will be here in 5 minutes she said'' Navya said and it took 5 more minutes for Nandini. She almost started before one and half hour from home. 

Finally Rohan had come to drop her. ''Congratulations Cabir for the new venture'' Rohan congratulated him and they both shook hands. ''Congrats to you too Manik'' he extended his hand and I smiled formally taking his hand. Ye Rohan zarurat se zyada smile kyu karta hai. ''Nandini, pooja ki time ho raha hai, you can get ready after this'' Navya said and we all moved to pooja ceremony. ''Oh Siya is already here'' we turned as Rohan said. Siya came there in a white saree and her makeup was on point. I remembered something when I saw her and my hands started sweating and I felt nervous. I've put my hands in pockets and looked here and there to distract myself but then I saw Nandini looking at me in confusion. I smiled at her awkwardly but she didn't smile back and acted as if she didn't see me. Rohan stood beside Nandini and Siya walked till there and stood beside me. Cabir and Navya did the aarti together after the pooja and Navya gave it to Nandini. I had to jump in between Nandini and Rohan to do aarti along with Nandini. She looked at me in a weird way but we stayed silent.

Cabir said we can shoot a scene after the pooja ceremony and asked if I had read the script. ''But mujhe koi script hi nahi di gayi'' Nandini said. ''Pehla scene Manik aur Siya ka hai, you can get ready by the time, we shoot this'' unknowingly Cabir instigated Nandini. ''Cool, main bhi pehle scene dekhungi phir ready hone chali jaungi'' she said. If looks could kill, Nandini would have murdered me almost 10 times since this morning. I felt very awkward even to stand near Siya when Nandini was looking at me. I had no dialogues but had only to react to Siya's dialogues. She seemed to rehearse her lines and said it in one go when Cabir said action. Rohan was also standing beside Nandini while we were shooting. I did not react to anything that Siya said as I was so self conscious of their presence. ''Manik, react to what she said!'' Cabir said. I nodded my head and he went back to see the monitor again. ''Scene-1, take 2, Action'' he said. Siya couldn't even complete her sentence when she heard Nandini smiling. Siya also instantly turned to see Nandini who was still smiling.