Chapter 62- Evil Side

Manik's POV:

''Dhruv has it covered today, saare media channels and press ko bulaya na, I guess Dhruv ko apni shaadi bhi ek public stunt hi hai na'' not just Aryaman but everyone who know Dhruv would say the same. ''Ha, yeh tho common hai na'' I shrugged it off. I was waiting for Nandini but she is nowhere to be seen yet. In this process, I never realized how I became the center of the topic of that event. ''How does it feel to be back Manik?'' one of the reporter asked. ''I was away from movies but not from my friends and loved ones'' I cleared their doubts. ''Movies se ban hone ke baad aap US chale gaye aur ab aaye India. Do you want to get back to movies?'' another question popped up. I knew this question would arise but I had no answer. ''Should we hope to see our favorite actor on-screen again?'' they asked again. ''I don't know, film chamber ne apna decision bataya and I will bind to that decision'' I couldn't stand there as it would make the situation more awkward. 

But to my bad luck, these chain of questions were not stopped. To add fuel to the fire, Nandini came just then. They have all surrounded Nandini. ''Nandini, Manik ke ban hone ke wajhe aap hi hai, is that enmity still there between you and Manik?'' they asked her. ''Of course not, what enmity are you guys talking about? If there is any such thing, why would I come here? I'm here because Siya invited me to Dhruv's engagement function'' she said. ''So, do you mean to say you forgot the old fights and you are back to friends again?'' one more question for her. ''Yes, we are friends again. In fact, we personally met after Siya and Manik are back from US. Ab doston ke beech chote chote ladaai hote rehte hai, that doesn't mean we carry it always'' she said. Taking a step ahead, Nandini dragged me near her holding my hand and asked them to take a picture of us. ''See, we don't hold anything against each other'' she said smiling. But when she turned at me, I could feel the volcano inside her ready to erupt. They were about to pop another question but she shut them up saying it is not us but Dhruv and Alya should get the coverage.

I walked alongside Nandini inside. ''So, you've learnt to given answer to everyone'' I asked her. ''Of course, I have learnt it the hard way. If I don't talk back, I understood I would never get anything'' she said. ''Nandini, jo kuch bhi hua, I'm so sorry. Dil se main ye bol raha hu'' I said. ''Sorry kyu! I said that we are friends now. Jo award mujhse tum cheen liya, aise 2 awards pada hai mere ghar mein. Now I don't even remember it'' she said casually. ''Then why can't I feel it Nandini? Why do I not feel that we're friends again? No, I broke your trust on me. But please give me a chance to fix it'' I pleaded her. ''Kya karoge agar tumhe aur ek chance mil gaya tho?'' she asked. ''I would never take you for granted. I would always tell you everything and not hide anything. I will be there with you. I love you Nandini, please mujhe maaf karo'' I said. Siya came there looking for me. 

''Manik, function is going to start, come lets go inside'' Siya said. ''Siya, I'm talking to Nandini, you go I'll be there in a while'' I said. ''Aisa bhi kya baat hai Manik, ye sorry sorry kya hai. I said na, there is nothing between us now'' Nandini said. Why did she not acknowledge anything about my proposal! ''Siya, we are coming inside, main Manik ko leke aaungi'' Nandini said and she asked me to join Siya. I had nothing to say and follow the two ladies. As soon as we stepped inside, Nandini joined Rohan. ''Di aur jiju nahi aa sakte hai but they would surely love to be a part of it'' Rohan said to Siya. Nandini excused herself to meet Aryaman while Rohan and Siya talked about Ethan. 

***********************************************************************************************

Nandini's POV: 

''You are here but did not even tried to meet me!'' I said hugging Aryaman. ''But you met the person whom you wanted to meet'' he said eyeing Manik who stood beside Siya and Rohan. ''Please don't get started again'' I tried to stop Aryaman. ''Tho registration nahi hua, then what's your plan?'' he asked me. ''First of all, I should thank you for not letting Manik having any clue about that farmhouse thing'' I said. ''I know how much you loved that farmhouse, so why not?'' he said. ''But I also know how much you love Manik and I'm scared of that'' he said. ''Aryaman, I don't love him anymore. It was way much time back'' I said. ''You can fool anyone but not me. If it was about the award, you would not take it seriously. It is because you know Manik will choose Siya over you'' he said. Aryaman is right but why can't I still accept that. Why am I feeling so insecure around Manik. 

Aaj bhi main Manik ko miss kyu karti hu? I hate him so much, there is not even a day where I did not remember him. Why did he keep saying that he loves me. Kya sach main Manik mujhse pyaar karega. He doesn't even know the meaning of love. Even if he love me, he would choose me as second priority always. Siya ke baare mein itna sab kuch jaan ne ke baad tho mujhe bhi Siya ke liye Manik hi theek lagta hai. She is an innocent and pure soul. Kabhi kisi ke baare mein bura sochti bhi nahi hai. I hope she doesn't get hurt by me again. ''Nandini, but ab Manik pe pyaar nahi tum zid kar rahi ho uss farmhouse ko lekar'' Aryaman said. ''Agar ye zid hai tho hai, but I won't let it go'' I said. At least that should not remain as a dream like everything else in my life. Cabir joined me and Aryaman. ''So, what's plan B Cabir?'' I asked him. ''If that is what you decided, all the best'' Aryaman went off from there. ''Kya hua Aryaman ko?'' Cabir asked. 

''Leave it! Where's Navya?'' I asked him. ''She is busy with some other work, so she didn't come'' he said. ''Mujhe har haal mein wo farmhouse chahiye Cabir'' I said. ''Of course, Manik must agree if not today, tomorrow he will'' Cabir said sipping his drink. ''How are you so sure?'' I asked him. ''Because he has been saving it for you'' he said. ''Stop it Cabir'' I said. ''No Nandini, Manik really loves you. Ek baar uski baat suno. Usne galti kiya hai, uski sazah bhi tho mil gaya na usko. Please try to understand his love'' he said. ''Cabir, If I was in Navya's place, I would have not married you because you left Navya for Roshni. Even though you never loved Roshni, tumne Navya ke saath galat kiya na'' I said. Cabir was about to say something when we heard the door banging with a thud sound. Me and Cabir peeped to see the source of the sound. It was Dhruv we saw who hastily went inside a room. 

''Why is Dhruv here at this moment?'' Cabir wondered. ''Koi kaam hoga'' I said simply. ''Dhruv ko ab stage pe Alya ke saath hona tha, why is he going into a store room?'' Cabir had a point. He signed me to follow him and we both tip toed till we reached the door Dhruv closed. Cabir opened the door a little to see inside. ''Sir, aaj tho saare media Manik aur Nandini ka jagda aur uske ban hone ke baare mein hi cover karega'' someone said to Dhruv but we couldn't see him as there is no proper light in that room. ''So what? Ye bataane ke liye tum mujhe yaha bulaya! Stop that news before it goes into public'' Dhruv said. ''But sir, what if Manik tries to know about his ban in film chamber? Agar usse pata chal gaya ki aap hai iske peeche bada dhamaka ho jayega'' the other person said to Dhruv. I was shocked hear it. Why will Dhruv get Manik banned? Dhruv ko kya milega aisa karke. ''Don't worry, Manik aisa kuch nahi karega. Tum bekaar mein pareshan ho rahe ho'' Dhruv said as if he is comforting the other person. I can't believe Dhruv did this for Manik. Dhruv did not allow him to speak and said that he is getting late for the ring ceremony and said that he will take care of Manik.

Cabir dragged me aside quickly before Dhruv exited the room. I was still not able to figure out what I heard just now. All these days, even I was thinking that I'm the reason for Manik being banned. ''Where are you going?'' Cabir asked me. ''Dhruv se mujhe baat karna hai'' I said. ''Are you mad? Dhruv ne ye sab jaan booch ke kiya, if he can do this to Manik, imagine what can he do with you? Stop and think before confronting him'' Cabir advised.  

''If Manik comes to know that Dhruv is behind all this, he would be heart broken. Don't let him know about it'' I said to Cabir.