Chapter 32- Rejection

Nandini's POV:

I couldn't breathe under him as I clutched the collar of his jacket. Manik had just let go off me when I pushed him a little. Everything and everyone around us seemed silence. I could clearly hear his heart beat, strangely it synced with mine. I took a deep breathe and I could feel his warm breath on my shoulder. ''Cut'' Cabir's words brought us back and Manik immediately moved aside and acted as if nothing happened. ''Shot OK'' Cabir declared. This was no less than a roller coaster ride for me. Manik straight away went to monitor to see Cabir. I felt something weird, maybe this is what everyone is calling butterflies in the stomach. I never felt this thing before, not even when I was with Sid. Is this the guy who was against a kiss scene till yesterday? Siya ne usse mana liya and ye maan bhi gaya. I followed Manik to meet Cabir. ''Was the shot good enough!'' he asked Cabir. ''Of course, it's actually much better than I was expecting'' I think Cabir is as surprised as me. ''I thought forehead kiss would make the actual kiss more intense, so I improvised on the spot'' Manik said.

Manik then looked at me but I couldn't meet his eyes and looked aside immediately. Navya is my saviour, she brought a sweater to me. I walked away with her. ''What an intensity Nandini! Screen pe aisa lag raha tha ki, you both are real lovers, that was one of the best scenes in the movie'' she said. I didn't know what to say. ''Aisa lag raha tha ki Manik isn't just kissing you, he admired your beauty, he worshipped you, I must admit why Manik is the best actor. It was supposed to be a kiss scene but both your chemistry and intensity, uff it was so pure and divine'' Navya complimented. I wished I could also see it on monitor. ''Everyone, as we are wrapping this schedule tomorrow, I'm throwing a party tonight'' Manik said. Aryaman must have stayed back at the hotel for this party, I didn't see him anywhere on location today. 

I didn't meet Manik for the whole day as I felt like an alien around him. Never have I ever felt like this before for anyone else, then why is it today. I wanted him near me but I can't face him. I think Manik ko kuch fark hi nahi hai, he is being his usual self. Party arrangements were on full swing. ''Aaj scene kaisa tha?'' Aryaman asked me. ''Acha hi tha'' I just said him absent minded. ''Everyone on location is saying that the scene was very intense'' Aryaman said. ''Navya also said the same but I didn't look it on screen'' I said. I searched for Manik but he was no where to be found. Why am I being so restless? I was getting ready for the party and looked at myself. I think I don't have to apply any blush today coz I already looking like a tomato right now. I went out to the party venue. ''Agar hum Mumbai mein hote, aaj pool party arrange karwata'' Aryaman said. ''At your place?'' I asked him. ''Yes, but technically wo bhi Manik ka hi ghar hai na, but party main throw karta'' he said. 

Finally the hero is here, Manik looked dapper in his black suit and I couldn't take off my eyes from him. Why didn't look at him this way before! Did the kiss changed anything between us. I was awestruck by his aura. ''Ladies and Gentlemen, may I seek your attention tonight'' Manik said to everyone raising a toast. ''Aaj ke shaam, Cabir ke naam'' he announced surprising everyone. Cabir didn't expect it as it was evident on his face. Cabir stood up. ''When I first heard the story narration from Cabir, I didn't have the confidence to get it directed by him, but after the shoot started, I was skeptical whether I could ever fit in the role Cabir wrote for me'' Manik said. ''Cabir, it was only you who actually made me think that being Manik is not enough'' Manik hugged Cabir. Cabir was really a tough nut to crack. Soft music was being played in the background and Aryaman asked my hand to dance. I accepted invitation to dance and moved ourselves to dance floor. 

Manik was dancing with Navya. ''What is Manik talking to Navya?'' I thought. We had to exchange our partners and Cabir got Navya. Manik took my hand then. I was so close to him again. I was weak on my knees again. I shivered under his touch. ''Are you still feeling cold?'' he asked. I couldn't meet his eyes but swayed to the music. To my surprise, he held my chin and made me look at him. ''Why did you make a hair bun?'' he asked. He didn't wait for my reaction and pulled off the messy bun which I made. ''I like your long black hair, let it be free'' his fingers ran across my hair. ''So silky and smooth'' he said. ''I'm feeling like I'm in a shampoo commercial ad'' I said. ''Actually you should try for a shampoo commercial, that's a great advice I guess'' he said. ''Can I ask you something?'' he asked me. ''Yes'' I said. ''Do you believe I take right decisions?'' Manik asked.