Chapter 64- Wedding Shenanigans

Manik's POV: 

Now that she pushed me away, I had to go back home and sleep. It is going to be a long day tomorrow as it is mehndi and sangeet tomorrow. Nandini ke baaton se lagta hai ki wo mujhse clearly hurt hai, what can I do to make her mine. Coming back here, I never thought that I would want Nandini in my life, but I can't resist Nandini. Was Nandini also waiting for me when I went there! Did she ever loved me? Yes, I have seen it in her eyes. Kaash main wo sab kuch nahi karta aur hum definitely aaj saath hote. Nandini, I know you will understand me one day. I drifted into sleep thinking about the moments we shared.

I asked Aryaman to go to the venue directly and I had to get some things which Dhruv asked me to collect from his designer. Alya is very particular with the designer and costumes for every function, so this might be a last minute change in the outfit. I was getting late and the designer is making it still worse. After about an hour, I collected his dress and went directly to the venue. Meanwhile I had many missed calls from Siya and Dhruv. I texted both of them that I have started with his kurta. I parked my car and then entered the venue to see floral decor all over the place. The theme was floral and dress code is the same. I went inside and handed over it to Dhruv. The first thing I came across when I came out is Rohan holding Nandini to dance with her. His left hand was above her waist and right hand took her over to the dance. Nandini looked angelic with her white floral lehenga. Her waterfall hair style made her look even more cuter.

I involuntarily moved towards her and stood near them. ''Sangeet ki practice chal raha hai'' Siya intervened when I stood there. ''I think even you should start practicing with Siya'' Rohan suggested. ''No, I'm not interested to dance tonight'' I don't know why but I felt I was little rude to him. ''Manik, we have decided to dance tonight right'' Siya asked me as she heard me saying no. ''Siya, maine practice nahi kiya and it's almost long time back I danced'' I made an excuse to Siya but Nandini caught me. ''Come on, don't be a spoilsport, I know how better dancer you are! Rehearsal ke bina bhi tum dono manage kar hi loge'' Nandini said with a smile. I held Siya in my arms as we swayed to the tunes but my eyes were fixed on Nandini. She looked so pretty when she smiled. And then there came the bride. Alya is all decked up as a doll. She is the diva and marrying Dhruv is like a dream come true for her. Siya hugged Alya when she came there. ''Welcome home, Bhabhi'' she said. ''Bhabhi tho kahunga nahi, but congratulations on entering into your new chapter of life'' I said hugging her. 

''Dhruv ko dhoondh rahe ho?'' Siya asked Alya in a teasing way. ''Dhruv is at the photo booth, you should go and get clicked first'' I said sending Alya to Dhruv. Siya followed Alya. Nandini's dupatta was stuck to a corner table and when I was just about to take it, Rohan took it from there. ''Thank you'' Nandini smiled looking at him. They were about to leave but Rohan got a call and he went aside. It was just me and Nandini standing there. ''You look great'' I complimented her. ''Don't say it when you cannot say it in public. This is what you always does Manik. Duniya ke liye hum dushman hai and privately aashiq kyu ban jate ho?'' she said looking away. ''Main kabhi tumhara dushman nahi hu, and if I tell you this in public, will you accept my apology?'' I asked her with a hope. ''Ek sharth hai mera, bas wo farmhouse bech do, then I will accept your apology'' she said. ''Not selling it to you, but I will gift it to you if you want it. I wanted us to be there, my love, my wife with my kids. I wanted to make it a happy beautiful home'' I said. ''That is not going to happen Mr. Manik Malhotra, please get the agreement revised and sell it to me'' she said and walked away with Rohan as he was back. 

''Wedding Shenanigans for the favorite couple, Dhruv and Alya. How excited or nervous are you feeling Alya?'' wedding photographer asked her as Siya decided filming all the events. ''I'm almost marrying him after dating 5 years, this is the moment I was waiting for'' Alya gleamed in happiness. ''And Dhruv kal se you are going to be locked forever with Alya? How do you feel?'' he asked Dhruv. ''Extremely happy that she is coming into my life. If it is Alya, I would like to get locked up'' Dhruv said while Alya kissed his cheek. Everyone hooted for the couple. ''So Alya, this one is from your fans, can we at least expect a glimpse of you in the future in the movies?'' he asked while Dhruv and Alya were about to leave. ''Of course not, she left acting in the movies way more ago. If she still wants to be involved in movies, she would be the future producer in my movies right! In fact I'm planning to start a new venture on her name to do web shows too'' Dhruv said leaving no chance for Alya. 

Alya's expressions were suddenly changed when Dhruv said it. It was so obvious from her face that she did not like Dhruv taking decisions related to her but I shrugged it off as the mehndi festivities were about to began. Alya seemed off in the entire event. Nandini, Navya, Cabir and Aryaman seemed to have a great time while I was stuck with looking after few arrangements. Siya got a juice for me just then. ''Sangeet ke preparations are all ready, don't you worry, jaake taiyyar ho jana'' I said. ''Aren't you dancing tonight?'' she asked me. Lagta hai isne mere baat seriously le liya. ''How does it matter if I dance or not? Sangeet Dhruv Alya ka hai mera nahi'' I said. ''What happened Manik? Jabse Mumbai aaye ho tab se tumhara mood humesha off dikhta hai'' she said. ''Aisa kuch nahi hai'' I said covering it up but she caught me. ''Is it because I have invited Nandini?'' she asked me directly but she doesn't know why Nandini affects me. ''Aisa kuch bhi nahi hai, in fact she is being so nice to me'' I said. 

I heard some strange sound or a rather muffled cry of a female. I tried to search the source of the voice and it shocked me when I came to knew that it was Alya who was crying there. ''Alya, tum yaha?'' I asked her. She quickly wiped off her tears and said, ''Manik, why are you alone? Come let's join the party'' she said but I looked at her hand where her mehndi almost seems ruined. She caught me looking at her hands. ''Dekho na kitni achi mehndi kharab ho gayi, mujhe phirse sab lagwana padega'' she said. I know Alya is too keen on getting her things right but as far as I know she would be upset or angry if it happened by chance. But why is she hiding from everyone and crying over her disfigured mehndi. I stopped Alya midway and held her hand to drag her aside. ''Baat sirf mehndi kharab hone ki nahi hai, kuch aur hai, batao warna main Dhruv ya Siya ko yaha bulaunga'' I tried to threaten her but she shouted on me. ''Stop it Manik, Dhruv mera caretaker ya guardian nahi hai jo har baat tum usse bolna jaa rahe ho, I have a private life. Meri khud ki ek pehchaan and I don't want to be just Dhruv's girlfriend, fiancé or wife'' Alya looked very upset.

''Alya, what's wrong?'' I was genuinely concerned about her. ''Tumhe kyu jaan na hai Manik? You anyway support Dhruv, tujhe bolke kuch fayda bhi nahi hai'' she said angrily. ''What about Dhruv? Please tell me what's wrong, I will help if I can'' I said. Alya broke down after a moment and I hugged her. I tried to calm her down but she cried inconsolably. ''Dhruv thinks that I should have told the wedding photographer that I don't want to pursue my career in acting. He said he is upset because of me'' she said. ''I don't get it why does he want you to say that, if you like to act in the movies you can act Alya. You were a good actress'' I said. ''Exactly main ek achi actress thi, ab nahi. Aur ye Dhruv ke wajhe se hi hai. He doesn't want me to act in the films, this was his condition when he proposed me. I thought he will change his mind but no baat wahi khatam nahi hua. I had to agree to whatever he asks me to do. Dhruv mujhse bahut pyaar karta hai and in return he expects the same. He says he wants unconditional love but why the hell he doesn't understand that he is laying conditions for me'' she burst out.

''No Alya, talk to him about it if it bothers you, I'm sure he will understand it'' I tried to convince Alya. ''You don't know him Manik, every time I try to say something to him, he won't listen'' Alya said. ''If you know so much about him, why are you still with him? Just get out of a toxic relationship Alya'' I said to her. ''I think I'm gonna be late so I'm going inside. You too join us'' she said and then added, ''Abhi humne jo discuss kiya, kisi se share mat karna, please''. ''I promise I won't Alya, take care'' I said and she left. I stood there figuring out what Alya said and heard a screeching sound from the door when it opened. It was Nandini inside. 

''Actually I was inside this washroom and heard someone crying. But then I stayed back when I heard you and Alya were talking'' Nandini said.