Chapter 12- What's Cookin

Navya and Aryaman are shocked to the core as they hear Nandini's truth. ''Why did you do that? Wo mar sakta tha'' Navya is scared to death. ''Navya, please tum panic mat ho jana, I can explain'' Nandini said. ''Thank God, I went home early last night, warna ye mujhe bhi kuch kar leti, unnecessarily I have called her many names'' Aryaman thought that he was saved. ''Tum yaha mere makeup room mein kya kar rahe ho?'' Nandini asked. ''Kuch nahi'' was all he managed to speak. ''Guys, please don't look at me like I'm a psycho or a killer, I'm not like that'' Nandini said. ''Was it unintentional?'' Navya asked and Nandini nodded no. ''Did he trouble you?'' Aryaman asked, ''no, he is a sweet person'' she replied. Now its Aryaman and Navya looked at each other in horror.

''Then why did you try to kill him? Do you actually realize he could have died'' Navya said. ''Please don't shout now Navya, koi sunega'' Nandini hushed her. She took a deep breath and sat in a chair. ''I hold nothing against Rohan, he is a very good guy, in fact maine majboori mein ye sab kiya, I felt sorry for doing that but'' she gave a pause and looked at Aryaman. ''It all makes sense now, agar main uss din ye nahi karta, main bhi kisi aur ki tarah fas gayi hoti'' she looked at him. Aryaman understood what she wanted to say. ''Mujhe samaj nahi aaya'' Navya said. ''Samajne wale samaj gaye Navya ji, aap jaake Cabir ke saath aage ki script work discuss kijiye'' Aryaman needs to send her out now. ''Mujhe ye kuch theek nahi lag raha hai, main jaa rahi hu'' she said and left. Only Nandini and Aryaman were there in the room. ''I'm sorry'' he said. ''Kis liye, for calling me bitch or for calling me a killer now?'' she asked him.

''For everything'' he admitted. ''I accept it and I'll take back all my words'' he said. ''Kisi se kuch kehna aasaan hai Aryaman, but you cannot go back on your words'' she said. Aryaman went out silently. ''I'll prove that you're wrong with Tara too, soon'' she said to herself.

***********************************************************************************************

Manik was upset because of Nandini. He had no interest in anything that day. His brain told him that it is her wish to have as many relationships as she can but his heart was opposing his mind. ''Kuch sahi nahi ho raha hai iss ladki ki wajhe se'' Manik thought. After a long day at work, Manik finally wanted to retire in his bed. He is disturbed already and sleep would be the last thing to an insomniac like him. After all his everyday trials oops...every night trials he could hardly sleep an hour. He woke up at 4 in the morning after he had slept at around 2:45 am. He got freshened up and headed to the gym. He looked at his reflection in the mirror and seemed like a zombie.

Siya called him and he found it odd to receive a call at that time. ''Hello, is everything okay?'' Manik asked in a worried tone. ''I'm okay, but sorry to call you this early in the morning, actually I didn't realize the time'' Siya said. ''It's okay'' he said smiling. ''I'm missing you here Manik'' she said. ''Missing you too'' Manik said. ''But you never even call me?'' Siya complained. ''That is because of the same time difference, I don't know when you will be awake and when you are out for shoot, so I'll wait for your call all day'' Manik lied to her. ''How sweet but I know you're lying. You must have gotten busy with your shoot and Dhruv already told me how tough Cabir is! So take care but don't take stress'' she said. ''Ok I will'' he said. This was the first time Manik didn't bothered about Siya and he knew it all because of Aryaman and Nandini.

Nandini went early on sets that day. "Tum itni jaldi aa gayi?" Navya asked her. "10 minutes before the usual time is not jaldi Navya" Cabir said in a low voice. "Ha but usually actor log late aate hai, taiyar hone mein time lagta hai, aur hum assistant logon ko unke nakhre, tantrums jhelne padthe hai na" she said. "Itna bhi sach nahi bolna tha" Cabir warned her. "No Navya, I'll always try to be on time, and I promise I won't repeat anything like yesterday, I won't go anywhere uninformed" she said. Nandini's mind was occupied with Tara. She hoped that she will call her atleast today.

"Please Nandini, I don't see anything going in right direction here. And for God's sake don't pull any drama from now on" Cabir pleaded her. "I'm sorry Cabir. I promise I'll behave from now on. Tum chahe tho main Manik se bhi maafi mangne ke liye ready hu" she said. "No need of all that Nandini" he smiled and they saw Manik's car. Manik got off from the car and walked towards them. Everyone could clear see that Manik looked dull. "Look at his eyes, itne laal aankhe" Navya said. "Like a hot vampire" Nandini commented. Navya and Cabir looked at Nandini.

"Where was that coming from?" Cabir asked Nandini. "From a fan girl" Nandini said. Navya asked her, "Are you saying that you're a fan of Manik Malhotra?". "Fan nahi bahut badi fan hu. I love his acting but getting to know him in person doesn't just feel right" she said in a low voice. "Leave it. You are a fan of him because of his acting, his movies na" Navya said. "You know! I thought I would tell him that I'm a big fan of him but no he has other plans for me on the very first day of the shoot" she said. "Why don't you go and tell him now?" Cabir encouraged her. "Wo ab Manik nahi monster Manik ban ke ghoom raha hai, ab kaise?" she asked innocently.

"Did you just call him monster Manik! Dude he is no vampire or a monster, stop calling him names and go tell him. What happened to your fan girl moment, star struck and all?" Cabir said. Nandini gained all her courage to enter his vanity. She knocked on the door and he opened it. Manik was least expecting her. "Can I come in?" she asked and let her in. Manik was waiting for her to speak. "Say something, why are you here?" he bluntly asked. Before Nandini could answer, his vision blurred.

Manik suddenly fell unconscious and Nandini held his arms to stop him falling on her but she failed.