Chapter 52- Misunderstanding

Manik's POV:

''Matlab Nandini ke jagah Siya ko award dena'' Cabir said. ''Yes'' I answered. ''But it is so wrong Manik, how can you do this?'' Cabir did not approve my idea. ''He is right Manik, Nandini is our heroine, how can we do it?'' Dhruv also said. ''I'm not saying that Nandini ko award nahi milega, Nandini ko hum best debut actress bhi dilwa sakte hai, Siya ke liye best actress maangenge. You are influential Dhruv, we can at least do this'' I suggested Dhruv. When I tell Siya about Nandini, I don't want Siya to feel bad. I want her to understand my love for Nandini and that will happen only if she is happy. ''Tho paisa hai tho kya kuch nahi ho sakta'' Cabir seems offended by the way I spoke to Dhruv. ''Tho kya tum log paison se Siya ke liye award khareedenge!?'' Cabir asked. Dhruv is confused and worried. 

''If money could solve this problem, yes I will pay any sum of the amount to buy the award for Siya'' I said. I don't want Siya to feel bad and that is the only thing I want now. ''But Nandini knows that she already won the award, how would you answer her?'' Cabir asked. ''Cabir, I will explain Nandini, she just knows that she got selected for best actress hum usse best debut actress bana denge'' I said. Nandini and Siya both of them will get the awards this way. ''But I'm sorry Manik, I cannot accept this. This is a malpractice. Maybe you are just seeing Nandini, but uska character jo hai movie mein, it took me 2 bloody years to construct a fictional character. Agar aaj Nandini ko award mila tho mujhe aisa lagta hai sirf usse nahi mujhe bhi mila hai'' Cabir seemed off and I had to talk to him personally. I took him to the other room. 

''What's bothering Cabir?'' I asked him. ''This will be a total injustice to Nandini, I can't accept this'' he said it again. ''Why do you think I will do that to my Nandini?'' I asked Cabir. ''I just can't understand you Manik? What if Nandini knows about it?'' Cabir asked me. ''I will explain Nandini. I don't want to hide anything from her'' I said. ''When I will Siya about Nandini, Siya will think that I'm choosing Nandini because she is more successful. But no, I'm not choosing Nandini over Siya, Nandini se pyar karne ke liye mujhe koi reasons nahi chahiye, wo kehte na unconditional love, it is Nandini in my case. Nandini ko sacrifice karna pad raha hai but I will apologize her for this'' I explained Cabir. ''What if she doesn't say yes to you?'' Cabir asked me. ''Nandini will not say no'' I'm sure she won't. I can see in it in her eyes, she loves me. ''Ye sab chodo, what if Nandini feels bad, you are snatching it from Nandini and trying to give it to Siya'' he said. ''Please Cabir, stop guilt-tripping me'' I said to him. I have few contacts from the jury team of the awards.

''Dhruv, kaam tho ho gaya, kal aane wale list mein Siya ka hi naam hoga'' I said to Dhruv. ''Manik, aren't we taking the risk?'' Dhruv asked me. ''Siya ye deserve karti hai, don't worry we will never let her know about it. Irony is Siya herself selected Nandini for this role, Siya has even regretted that decision'' I said. ''What?'' Aryaman came just then. ''Manik wants Siya to win the best actress instead of Nandini'' Cabir has given the worst summary of our conversation till now. ''Kya?'' Aryaman reacted the same way as Cabir. I know both of them doesn't like my idea and probably they will hate me for this. But I have to make sure that Nandini doesn't feel bad about it. I asked Dhruv to leave from there as Siya is alone at home. ''See Cabir, Aryaman, I wanted to make Siya happy, that's it but I'm not trying to do injustice for Nandini. Mera wo iraada nahi hai and ye baat tum dono ache se jaante ho'' I said. They didn't seem to be convinced by my words. Nandini is really lucky to have such friends. I should apologize Nandini right away and there's no point of convincing them. Cabir looked super angry with me and he left.

''Aryaman, tum mere ghar jao, I have some work, I'll come soon'' I said. Itna time hua par Nandini mujhe call kyu nahi kiya? I thought as I rang her door bell. ''Are you fine? tum ne mujhe koi call nahi kiya?'' I asked as I saw her. ''Because this little Scooter had kept me busy till now, look at his tantrums'' she said. ''Don't complain about my boy, he is a good one'' I said taking him into my arms. Scooter snuggled me. ''I hope you're having a great time with him'' she nodded. ''You know, maine aaj phirse Rohan ke saath agreement sign kiya, we are going to resume shoot in a month'' she said chirping. ''That's a great news'' I said. I saw a pile of waste papers thrown randomly in her room. ''Are you trying your hands on poetry?'' I asked her. She reacted in a weird way and began to clean the room. ''Nandini, I don't mind your room being messy, relax'' I said but she did not listen. She took all of that and went to Satya's room.