Chapter 50- Marking Mine

Nandini's POV: 

Why are you doing this to me Manik? Ek pal mein apna aur ek pal mein ajnabee ban jaate ho. You said you don't even let me enter your farm house, you just wanted you, your family and your kids to be there. Ek pal ke liye mujhe laga that I will never get a chance to be with you. The mere thought is making me lose my temper. I couldn't sit there when you told that, I came out from there as I don't want any of you to see me in tears. I just dreamt of us being like this. Just you and me. Just then Scooter came to me, maybe God wanted three of us to be together, so here he is with us. I found Manik sleeping beside me like a baby. I lied down beside him as I felt sleepy.

We both woke up to the new alarm sound obviously made by the Scooter. ''Ye hai tho tumhe alarm lagna nahi padega'' Manik said as he woke up and looked at his watch. ''Alarm lagana bhi nahi chahiye, it's already 8'o clock'' he said. I was still feeling sleepy but he reminded me that today will be my first day at shoot. ''Ok wait, let me get a coffee for you'' I said in my usual sleepy tone. ''No, I'm leaving, I have something important to talk to Siya'' he said and left in a jiffy. He didn't wait for me to say something. Why is Manik so confusing, wo chahta kya hai. I feel I can never understand him. 

It was my first day on this set and everything seemed new. I really miss Manik so much today. It was not so tough here and everything is going well. Around lunch time, someone came to me and said, ''Ma'am, sir came to meet you''. I knew Manik would come to meet me. I felt like a kindergarten student who is excited to meet her parents after her first day at school. 

''Hi Nandini'' I expected it to be Manik but it turned about to be Rohan. ''You here?'' I asked him not expecting here. ''Shoot ke liye locations dekhne aaya tha and I came to know you're shooting here, so here I am'' he said. ''Kis shoot ke liye?'' I asked him as I didn't knew he is shooting for another film. ''Humara movie!'' he said hinting me that my first project is being resumed. ''Are you serious? Shoot kab start hone wala hai?'' I am so happy hearing him. ''Yes, all arrangements are being made, dad ke health theek nahi hai tho, I'm looking into everything'' he said. ''Just waiting for you'' he said. ''I'll be so happy to join you'' I said. ''Yes. I actually came here to ask for your call sheets'' he said casually as we walked there. ''Don't be formal, I'll come after a month'' I said. ''Not being formal but I am ensuring, as a producer'' he said. ''Oh so you are officially the producer of this film'' I said. I'm glad I'm the producer's choice. ''Manik was also the producer and hero for my first film, it was a massive hit. Then, you are the producer cum hero for my next, wish you all the luck'' I said. He just smiled. I wonder how he could be the son of such a person. I feel so sorry for pushing him that day. He had to be bedridden for almost 6 months.

***********************************************************************************************

Manik's POV:

I have to talk to Siya today at any cost. ''Manik, what brought here so early?'' she asked me. ''To have breakfast with you'' I said. ''Where is Dhruv?'' I asked her but she said he went to office. ''Should I ask you something?'' I asked her. ''What?'' she said casually. ''What if I do something which you don't like?'' she did not say anything and I looked at her in anticipation for an answer. ''I would feel bad first, I will be hurt, sad. Maybe I can't even process the thought of you going against me. It would be like my world will turn upside down'' she said. Her facial expression said how scared and disturbed she is. ''Siya'' I have kept my hand on her shoulder and offered a glass of water. ''Relax, main aisa kuch nahi karunga'' I said seeing her condition. I was horrified looking at her. ''But the thought itself is a nightmare to me Manik'' she said. 

Thank god maine isse kuch nahi bataya Nandini ke baare mein. Looks like it is so tough to talk to Siya. ''But Manik, at the end, I would finally accept what you have done'' she said after a while. ''Why?'' I asked out of curiosity. ''Because if you have done it, you might have thought of every consequence. I trust you with everything, tum mere baare mein kabhi galat ho hi nahi sakte'' she said. This means I can still have a hope to tell her about Nandini. I know Siya will be hurt when she will come to know that I love Nandini but I have no choice. I must take time to tell everything to Siya. ''You know Cabir and Navya are getting married soon'' I said. ''Oh Wow, that's a great news'' she said. ''Do you want to say something?'' Siya asked me seriously. ''No, nothing. If there is something I will let you know'' I said sensing that it is not the right time to say anything.