Chapter 88- Mishaps

Manik's POV:

''Tumne kabhi kuch galat kiya hi nahi Manik'' Siya said. ''Alya ne mujhe sab kuch bataya, yahi batane main try kar rahi thi Manik, but you never listened to me'' she said. ''What did Alya say?'' I asked her. ''Uss raat wo accident, tumhare wajhe se nahi Dhruv ki wajhe se hua'' she said as tears rolled down her cheeks. ''How did Dhruv even involved in this?'' I was so confused. ''You always a great fascination for cars Manik and dad knew it. When he bought a new car, you were always asking to give it to you for a test drive. Finally dad agreed to give it to you on my birthday. That is when Dhruv made sure to fail the brakes of that car'' Siya said. ''What Dhruv did not expect is dad, mom and me will join you on the drive. When he realized his mistake, it was too late to save mom and dad. He remained tight-lipped after everyone believed that it was your mistake to drive the car that night'' she said. ''When did you knew about it?'' I asked not believing what I heard. 

''On my birthday, Alya called me when I was in shoot, I had to leave from there. She heard Dhruv speaking to mom-dad's photo on their death anniversary'' Siya said. ''Did you ask Dhruv anything about this?'' I asked her and she nodded no. ''I remained silent for Alya. I thought it would be right to tell you first'' she said. ''And you expect me to forgive Dhruv just like that?'' I asked her. ''No, not like that'' she was about to say something. ''Anyhow I'm an idiot and I cannot do anything, Dhruv messed up my childhood, Dhruv tried to ruin my career and now he joined hands with that Rohan to kill my wife and still I'm standing here doing nothing about it'' I feel disgusted about myself after learning about Dhruv's reality. Koi itna neeche kaise gir sakta hai. My dad fought for me till his last breath. He never slept peacefully after that accident. I guess there was no lawyer in the city whom my dad never met for me. I was always guilty throughout my life for the mistake I have never done. 

''Not just that Dhruv had almost ruined Manik's career. Nandini ke award scandal ko Manik ka ban ke news banaya. He successfully ruined Manik's career and Nandini's self esteem just to protect you'' Cabir said to Siya. ''Dhruv Alya ke beech ki differences mujhe pehle se hi pata hai. I already warned Alya not to marry him but still she married him'' I said. ''Dhruv ne mere saath jo bhi kiya hai I don't care but agar usne Nandini ko kuch hua then I will not spare him anymore'' I said to Siya. Doctor came out after collecting blood samples of Nandini for the test. ''Doctor, Nandini ko kya hua? Why is she unconscious'' I asked curiously. ''Someone seemed to drug her, but we are not sure of what drug it is. We hope that we might know something after getting reports of this blood test'' she said. ''When did you both marry?'' Siya asked me. ''You will not want to know it Siya, I wouldn't trust anyone with her from now on'' I said. I did not know if Siya means any harm to Nandini but I wouldn't want to take a risk now.

''Do you think I will harm Nandini? I already knew that I lost you Manik, but I never knew Nandini was the reason'' she said. ''Nandini was never the reason. It was always us. I had never loved you Siya, it was just because of my guilt that we were together. Neither of us actually loved each other. We were just childhood friends and are never meant to be together'' I said. She let out a lifeless smile. 

***********************************************************************************************

I was eagerly waiting to see Nandini's reports and each minute seemed like an eternity. I hope Nandini jaldi se uth jaye. ''Nandini ke reports'' doctor came there with the reports and I was relieved to finally see them. ''Thank God you saved the day'' I thanked her but the frown on her face said something else. ''Her reports are positive, she is pregnant'' I felt my world collapsing down. ''Is there any chance that she could get pregnant if we make love just before her periods?'' I asked her. ''Having sex just before the periods is generally considered safe. If you don't mind may I ask you when was the last time you both were together?'' she asked. ''Before 2 days'' I said. ''Aur usse pehle?'' she asked hesitant. ''That was our first time'' I cleared my throat before saying this. By now, everyone might have understood why was I so sure that she isn't pregnant. ''Agar do din pehle hi aapka first time hai tho there is no chance that she could be pregnant, but the reports are not in sync with what you are saying'' the doctor said.