Chapter 24- Mixed Feelings

Nandini had many questions in her mind as he saw Manik shut the door. ''What happened to him?'' she thought. Satya sat near Nandini. ''Is everything okay?'' he asked her. ''Of course, I'm not so weak Satya, I don't want what I left behind and I'm happy about my choice'' she said. ''But you should reconsider your decision Nandini, Sid is a good guy and'' Nandini interrupted him. ''Stop it Satya, please not again. Hum iske baare mein bahut baatein kar chuke hai and I won't change my decisions. Why do I feel like you are still in contact with Sid?'' Nandini felt that there is something fishy. ''Aisa kuch nahi hai'' Satya hesitated to accept. ''I don't mind if you are still in contact with him as long as I'm not affected by it'' she said and went back to her room. Nandini could remember the moments spent with Sid. ''Sometimes we will hate not because we don't love it, but may be we know that it isn't ours.'' she thought.

Nandini came out after taking bath. ''Will Manik remember what happened last night? Last time he said he doesn't remember anything. But what would have happened between him and Siya? Why did he said that he won't be able to keep her happy if she married him.'' she spoke to herself seeing her mirror reflection. ''Is there anything between them that no one knows? Duniya ke saamne tho wo dono ek perfect couple ke example hai'' she slipped into her thoughts. ''Manik is right, jo hum dekhte hai wo sab sach nahi hai'' she thought and looked at the wall clock. ''OMG, I'm getting late, I should rush now'' she got ready in a jiffy and left home. On the other side, Manik became a quite early bird these days. He was already in his vanity getting ready. ''Lagta hai maine kuch zyada hi bol diya kal raat Nandini ko, I hope wo usse bhool jayein'' he thought. Makeup man came to Manik. ''Did you find my lens?'' Manik asked. ''No sir, as far as I remember you didn't give them back after using last time'' he said in a low voice. ''Koi baat nahi, yahi kahi honge, search'' Manik said. Make up assistant was searching the vanity to find Manik's lens. 

''Now a days I tend to forget a lot of things'' Manik thought. ''Sir, yahi hai na'' he showed a lens box and Manik confirmed that they were his. ''Thank God mil gaya, warna naya mangna padta'' he said while fixing the lens and closed his eyes for a minute. When he opened his eyes and light reflection fell on his eyes. He kept his hand on his eyes and his sight was fixed on something. He took it from the table. It was the same bracelet Nandini was wearing when he saw her for first time. ''Nandini ki bracelet'' his lips curved unintentionally to smile. ''I thought maine ye fek diya, acha hai now I can give it back to her'' he thought and kept it in his wallet. He received a call from Mukti. ''Kya hua ghar pe kuch batana bhul gayi kya?'' he asked her. ''Why are you always in a bad mood when I call you, saare good mood sirf Siya ke liye hai kya?'' she snapped at him.

''Ok, tell me, I'm all ears'' he said. ''Dekh na, me and Abhimanyu we planned on going to babymoon par maa nahi maan rahi ho, please usse samjhana Manik'' she asked. ''Firstly, ye baby moon kya hota hai'' Manik had no clue. ''Arre, jaise newly weds honeymoon mein jaate hai, aise hi new parents babymoon pe jaate hai, before the baby arrives'' Mukti sounded excited. ''No, I think it's not safe for you to travel now. And how on earth Abhi agreed to take you out?'' Manik asked. ''I know how to make him listen to me, you better don't care about it. Hum sirf Lonavala jaa rahe hai, please, mom ko convince karna Manik, please'' she pleaded him and Manik has to listen to her. ''Ok, I will call you in a while'' Manik hung up on her. ''How will I convince mom, ye bhi ziddi or wo bhi ziddi'' he thought. 

He called Nyonika to talk about it. ''Ab kya Mukti ke side lene ke liye phone kiya na?'' Nyonika is in her angry mode. ''Maa please mere baat suno, they just want to go to Lonavala for just a day. I think you can allow her to enjoy before the delivery'' Manik said. ''But Manik delivery 9th month mein kabhi bhi ho sakta hai, we can't take the risk'' Nyonika said. ''Mom, I will take care of it, I will not let Abhimanyu drive the car, main khud gaadi drive karunga. You know agar ab tum mana karoge tho Mukti ko bura lagega and wo baby ke liye bhi acha nahi hoga. You only said that she should be happy all the while in her pregnancy. Please maan jao'' he asked her. ''Tum dono kisi bhi tarah mujhse haa karwana seekh liya, jo karna hai karo'' Nyonika cut the call. Manik felt easy as he could make her agree. Mukti called him in a second.

''Thank you Manik, thank you so much'' she said. ''Mukti, I had to do that for you'' Manik said. ''But mom said you are coming with us, Siya ko bhi saath le aao na bahut maza aayega'' Mukti suggested. ''But Mukti I don't know if she is free or not'' Manik said. ''Tho ab poocho usse, humara babymoon ke saath tum dono ka honeymoon bhi ho jayega'' Mukti never leaves a chance to tease him. ''Acha ok, I will ask her then'' Manik agreed. He called Siya and asked her out to Lonavala. ''Manik, sorry I cannot make it. My flight is at 12:30 am tonight'' she said. ''Tum kahi jaa rahi ho?'' Manik asked her unsure of where she is going. ''I already told you that I'm leaving tonight'' she said. Manik literally cursed himself as he missed Siya's message. ''I think I missed your message'' he said awkwardly. ''It's okay, that's not an issue. I will miss you'' she said. Manik didn't feel bad this time as Siya is leaving. He went out as the shot is ready. Nandini was already there with Aryaman. 

''Kya ho raha hai yaha?'' Manik asked. ''Hum dono shaam ko shopping jaane ke plan kar rahe hai, would you like to join us'' Aryaman asked. ''How can we shop if he comes with us'' Nandini said suddenly. ''What do you mean?'' Manik asked her. ''I mean if you come with us, there will be so much crowd, disguise ho ke aana padhta hai na'' Nandini said. ''Anyway I'm not coming, mujhe Mukti aur Abhimanyu ko saath leke Lonavala jaana hai'' Manik said. ''Oh, that's ok, hum chale jayenge'' Aryaman said. Manik became busy as his shot was ready. ''Why did you both came home last night'' Nandini asked Aryaman. ''You went missing all of a sudden aur tumhe dhoondte hum tumhare ghar pahunch gaye'' Aryaman said. ''Satya told me that you went to celebrate some special occasion, who is that special person?'' Aryaman asked. ''Satya kuch bhi bol deta hai, aisa kuch nahi hai'' Nandini avoided answering his question.

After his shot, Nandini has a shot with Manik . They both didn't talk to each other for a while. Manik saw the constable who helped him last night on the sets. He came and meet Manik. Manik treated him with respect and gave a selfie to him. He also wished Nandini and she could faintly remember him. ''Nandini'' Manik called her in a low voice. She asked him what's the matter. ''I want you to make a promise to me, will you?'' he asked. ''Kis baare mein?'' Nandini asked. ''That you will never get drunk outside and drive your car. Your car must have reached home by now. You don't know kal raat kitna tamasha ho sakta tha'' Manik meant what he said. ''I'm sorry and yes I promise main kabhi drunk hoke drive nahi karungi'' she said. ''That's cool'' he smiled. Manik took his chance as he saw her in a good mood. ''Tho tum Sid ke baare mein kya bol rahi thi last night?'' he asked. Nandini's facial expression changed. ''So do you remember everything from last night?'' she asked him. ''Of course, you were high, I just took a peg'' he smirked.

''But wait, iska matlab tumhe bhi sab yaad hai'' Manik asked her. ''Yes, I know how much to drink. I don't drink mindlessly'' she said. ''Oh isliye drunk and drive mein pakdi gayi and tum police station mein hoti agar main nahi aaya tho'' Manik said. ''Right, you helped me so much, thank you. But agar aisa hua tho tumhare cinema, production house sabka reputation kharab ho jayega. So technically tum mujhe nahi apne aap ko protect kiya. All it matters is your reputation, so don't lecture me like you have did all this for me'' she said rudely. ''Tumhari problem kya hai, I helped you and tum taane maar rahe ho?'' Manik lost his cool. ''But you were searching for my secrets so that you could expose me and congrats you have it now'' Nandini said. ''How sick! That guy Sid tumhara peecha chod ke bahut sahi kiya kiya'' Manik said to instigate her. ''Manik, please stay out of this and don't take his name'' Nandini said. ''Kyu? Bura lagta hai?'' he asked. Nandini didn't want to talk to Manik and left from there as Manik is still talking to her.

''How should I understand her? For a second, I feel like she is very close to me but in another moment, she snaps at me. So Rude of you Nandini Murthy'' Manik said.