Chapter 56- Alvida

Manik's POV:

''Did doctor tell anything about Siya?'' I asked Dhruv who stood there in front of ICU. ''Convulsions have stopped and she is stable but they are not sure of her condition'' Dhruv said. ''Dhruv, do you also think I was wrong?'' I asked Dhruv not because I needed validation from him but I wanted to listen it from him. ''I don't know Manik, maine tumhe warn bhi kiya tha. Aaj Nandini ne jo kuch bhi kiya, isse tum aur Siya dono ko effect hua na. I know tum ye sab Siya ke liye hi kiya ho'' he said. Nandini should not have done this with Siya. If she is angry with me, she could have done anything to me but why Siya? I never thought meri ek galti itna bada nuksaan kar dega. Whose fault it is! Is it my mistake? I thought of explaining Nandini how I wanted Siya to be happy before I let her know about my love for Nandini. Is it Nandini's mistake that uski wajhe se Siya aaj hospital bed main hai. I can't decide. I think hum dono hi toxic hai, maybe we were never meant to be. 

''Where did you go?'' Dhruv asked me and there's no way I could tell him that I was with Nandini a while ago. My phone rang so I could conveniently escape from his question. It's a call from my mom. Ab maa ko bhi sab kuch batana padega. ''Ye sab kya ho raha hai Manik? ye news mein kya hai'' mom is really worried about me. Mukti took phone from mom. ''Manik, are you fine? what happened?'' she asked me. ''It's true Mukti, I received a letter that I'm banned from doing movies'' I said and Mukti sighed. ''How could they do this?'' Mukti retorted. ''Kaash main waha hoti'' I heard mom saying. ''Mukti, ask mom not to get worried about me, Siya got a seizure attack and I'm in hospital, jaise hi situation normal ho jaaye main tumhe call karunga'' I said. ''Ye sab kya ho raha hai Manik, we're all worried about you'' Mukti said. She is probably in tears now. Mukti is so sensitive and the news about me and Siya would really shake her. ''Don't worry, I'll come there to meet you all once everything is sorted here'' I said and cut the call.

I saw Alya trying to console Dhruv. I wish I had Nandini by my side too but then I realized Nandini would never come back now. No, I don't want to be away from Siya and I can't hurt her. I asked the doctor who came out from ICU if I can see Siya. ''Sure, you can meet her in an hour after she is shifted to special ward'' the doctor said. ''How is she doctor?'' Dhruv asked. ''There is nothing new, kuch improvement nahi hai Siya ke case main'' the doctor said. After some time, Siya is shifted to a separate room. ''How are you feeling now Siya?'' the doctor asked her. Me, Dhruv, Siya and Alya were present in the room. ''Ab theek hu doctor, when will you discharge me?'' she asked. ''You can go home right now, but problem yahi solve nahi hoga, you have to tell me everything'' he said. ''Have you ever had seizure attack before?'' he asked. 

''Pehle kabhi hua nahi'' I said. ''Isse pehle ek baar hua hai, 8 months back. But that was not so intense, I could manage all by myself'' she said. Neither Dhruv nor me knew about it. We were shocked to hear from Siya. ''Tho tum pehle hume bataya kyu nahi'' Dhruv asked Siya. ''Agar bataya hota tum dono mere peecha kabhi nahi chodthe'' Siya said. ''When I first had the seizures, I was frightened but didn't want to scare you, so I went to a doctor. That's when I was diagnosed with Dependent Personality Disorder'' she said. ''Wo kya hota hai'' Alya asked Siya. ''In DPD, people tend to ask for validation, or they need constant support or advice from others. In simple terms, life Siya ki hai par har uska har decision ke liye usse kisi aur par depend karna padta hai'' doctor said. ''Isliye main New York gayi thi, so that I can live my life as per my wish. I don't want to be dependent on anyone, it was really tough to leave Dhruv and Manik here but mujhe ye karna hi hai'' Siya said. ''Generally everyone gets dependent on others, what's wrong in that?'' I asked. 

''Mr. Malhotra you will not ask anyone to select the shirt you wear, you will never need validation on small things, but DPD mein aisa nahi hota, choti choti cheezon ke liye bhi, they need validation, they become completely dependent. They will not take criticism, the thought of others thinking bad about them itself makes them vulnerable. Long term effects would be anxiety and depression too'' doctor explained. I went out along with doctor. ''Doctor, can it be cured?'' I asked as we left the room. ''Of course, Mr. Malhotra, unhe psychological treatment se cure kar sakte hai, Siya was right, she might have already started treatment. She is already on medication, she might have missed to take medicine on time, that is why she got seizures. After talking to Siya, I'm sure ye epilepsy tho nahi hai. This is just a side effect of her medicines'' doctor said and Dhruv came out. ''What do you suggest to do doctor?'' Dhruv asked. ''Continue Siya's treatment in New York itself. The doctor might well know her medical condition and history'' he said and left.

''Siya ko akele kaise bhejenge'' Dhruv looked worried. ''Why will she go alone? Of course, I will go along'' I promised him. ''Are you sure?'' Dhruv asked me again. ''Yes, mom and Mukti bhi waha hai, yaha rehne ke liye kuch baaki nahi raha. At least I'll go there to help Siya'' I said assuring Dhruv. ''But will Siya agree to take you along?'' Dhruv's concern is correct. ''Don't worry, I will make her accept'' I said. I know Siya will never accept but I got to try before giving up.

******************************************************************************************

''So you decided to go New York with Siya?'' Cabir asked me when we met. ''Yes'' I simply said. ''Phir Nandini ka kya? What about your love?'' he asked. ''Nandini doesn't love me, usne khud bola mujhse when I proposed her'' I said coldly. ''Aur tum aise hi maan gaye, she would have said that in anger, tum ne itna kuch kiya unke saath'' Cabir asked. ''I don't think she should love a man like me Cabir. Even if she loved me, I can never be on her side. Whenever there is a cross road and I had to choose between Siya and Nandini, I will always choose Siya and that would be an injustice to Nandini'' I said. ''Are you nuts? Siya ko tumhara care chahiye, tumhara Sahara chahiye but Nandini ko tumhara pyaar chahiye, saath chahiye. You can't compare these two'' Cabir said. ''Now Nandini has lost her award to Siya and this saddened her, imagine what happens if she loses me to Siya, that would be traumatic!'' I said. 

''Thank God Nandini doesn't love me. I have never seen her as a vengeful person and don't want that in future too'' I said. ''Then it is decided that you will never see her in your life again?'' Cabir asked me. ''Yes'' I said turning to the other side. ''Why are you hiding your face then?'' he turned me only to see my eyes welled up. ''Manik, why are you cheating yourself? You love Nandini and don't deny that'' he said and I hugged Cabir. ''No Cabir, maybe we were never meant to be. She did not love me at all, itna kuch hua aur iske baad tho kabhi nahi. Whatever happened in Siya's life, I cannot change that but jo Nandini ke saath ho raha hai, I can at least stop that. I can stop her contacting me, I can stop her heart break if she ever loved me. I don't want Nandini to become a toxic person because of me. Even I might not love Nandini tomorrow. Maybe it was just physical attraction as Nandini said. I will forget Nandini from now on and my only aim is to make Siya happy in life. Siya ko dependent personality disorder hai and I will try to get her out of it'' I said to Cabir. ''I wish you should be happy wherever you are Manik'' Cabir said hugging me. 

Today I have realized one thing Nandini, sirf pyaar kaafi nahi hai.