Chapter 9- Haunting Past

"But I have never seen him" Satya said. "I met him today" Nandini said. "You met him today and he is at home tonight" he asked Nandini. "It's a bit complicated, can we talk in the morning when he wake up" Nandini asked. Satya brought a blanket for Aryaman and tucked him safely in the Sofa. Next morning, Satya made a black coffee for Aryaman and tried to wake him up. "Good morning" Satya wished. Aryaman felt strange as he didn't knew where he is. He saw Satya in front of him. Satya's well built athletic frame shocked Aryaman.

"Who are you? Where am I?" he asked. "I'm Satya Murthy" he introduced himself and Nandini came there. "Hi Aryaman, good morning" she wished him. "Is this your place? Why I'm I here?" he asked. "You've landed in a pub last night and the management called me. I had to pay the bill. I didn't even know where do you stay and so I brought you home" she said and that answered both Aryaman and Satya's questions. "Have black coffee, you'll feel better" Satya offered him. "Thanks dadaji" Aryaman said. "Who dadaji! Call me Satya bro" he said. "Aren't you Nandini's grand father?" Aryaman asked. "But I do call him Satya" she said. Nandini got ready and Aryaman left by cab.

They both met again on sets. "Hi Nandini, thank you for the help last night, your grand father is so sweet! I mean Satya is sweet" he said. "I guess I'll have to pay you, how much was it?" he asked. "You don't have to pay me now itself, its 30,000'' she said. Aryaman waited for Manik to come. ''Tu itna late kyu aaya?'' asked Aryaman to Manik. ''Kuch chahiye tujhe?'' Manik asked. ''Ha mujhe kuch paise chahiye, 30k'' Aryaman asked. ''Ok, I'll transfer it to you, but why?'' Manik asked. ''I have to pay my bills Manik'' Aryaman replied obviously. ''Ghar mein groceries hai, car, fuel, stay already sorted phir kis cheez ke liye'' Manik asked. ''Why I'm I feeling like you're my father and wants to track my expenses? Ok, last night I went to a bar and my bill was 30k'' he said patiently.

''Bar manager seems to be so generous, he let you out without pay cheque'' Manik is astonished. ''Not so funny! Nandini paid the bill and I had to return her money'' Manik is alarmed as he heard Aryaman saying that she paid the bill. ''Why did she pay though?'' Manik asked. ''Because wo teri tarah mujhse kuch nahi poocha, she paid the bill and didn't even ask her money back, it's my duty I should pay her back. She is so sweet, that she took me home last night'' Manik's eyes popped out as he heard him. ''She took you to her place last night!'' Manik asked whether if it true. ''Yeah, but don't get any wrong ideas, Satya was there with her. He and Nandini lives together'' Aryaman said. ''Ajeeb ladki! She took Aryaman home while she is in a live-in relation with someone else'' Manik thought. ''Aur kuch?'' he wanted to listen what else Aryaman has to say. ''30K ke liye tu itna sawal poochega mujhse?'' Aryaman is pissed off. ''Sorry, I'll just transfer'' Manik gave the money Aryaman asked. ''By the way, hum aaj bhi jaa rahe hai, she invited me to some place bro, cool!'' Aryaman said and left.

********************************************************************************************
''Missing home?'' Mithra asked Siya. Siya was lost in her thoughts when Mithra asked her. ''Or should I be asking, missing Manik?'' she teased Siya. ''Of course I'm missing Manik, my home and everyone there'' Siya said. ''Main bhi miss kar rahi hu, that is why I'm going to India'' Mithra said. ''All of a sudden! Kya hua? Is everything alright?'' Siya asked. ''Yeah, everything is okay, but you know Rohan is not well and papa cannot handle everything on his own, so I had to be there with him'' Mithra said. ''Yeah, you should go then'' Siya said. ''Sorry darling, I don't like to leave you here alone but you don't know how that lady manipulates papa" Mithra's voice turned sad as she spoke and Siya consoled her.
"Sab theek ho jayega, don't worry" Siya said. "Ok you take care" Mithra left by saying that.

                                                 ***************************************
"Are you coming home today atleast?" Manik asked Aryaman to know his plans. "No, I already told you that me and Nandini are going out for a party" Aryaman said. "Tell me one thing Aryaman, you will say to me that all girls are liars and you will hang out with only with girls" Manik asked. "That's obvious bro, you are stuck with one girl while I don't stick to anyone constantly" Aryaman said. "Siya ke paas paisa hai, power hai and unhe tum chahiye so that her sweet world will be complete, tum uski zid ho and she is your guilt" Aryaman was happy to prove his theory.

"You and Nandini?" Manik asked ignoring Aryaman's logic less theory about his love life. "We don't even know each other, first we should get to know each other, then we go on few dates, uske baad..." Manik didn't want to hear anymore. "You know what happens after that, but uske liye time lagega, jo mere paas hai ab ye shoot khatam hone tak ka" Aryaman said. Manik knew that he can't stop Aryaman. Him and his theories irked Manik. "So you mean to say that you've forgot Tara completely or are you trying to move on" Manik has hit the right chord.

"Uske naam kyu liya? You know what happened and still chose to take her name" Aryaman got irritated. "Uh I'm sorry, main jaa raha hu" Manik left from there thinking that he had already hurt Aryaman. Aryaman got upset with Manik reminding him of Tara. Nandini came there and asked him out. "Chalein?" Nandini asked him. "No, I'm not in a mood to go anywhere" he said to her. "You said you were excited when I told you that I'll take you somewhere" she asked not knowing why he is behaving so. "Par ab mera mann nahi hai" Aryaman said again but Nandini didn't listen.

"I already gave money to you, so please leave, and agar aur paise chahiye, I will ask Manik to give it to you" Aryaman shouted on her.