Chapter 16- Sharp Turns

Aryaman was hurt and disappointed to know about his life's biggest truth. He was devastated. Manik couldn't control his best friend. "I just want to meet Tara once" Aryaman said. "But you can't meet her like that, wo Rajesh Srivastava tumko aise hi milne nahi dega" Manik warmed him. "I don't care wo kya karega, I'll go and meet her" Aryaman said. "Nandini, you've created this problem, ab solve bhi tumhe hi karna hai" Manik thought.

"Wait, I'll try to get her contact number" Manik said and left to search for Nandini. She found her in the makeup room. "Nandini, need to talk to you" he said and sent others out. "Mujhe Tara ka contact number chahiye abhi" he asked. "But she might not be comfortable sharing it" she said. "My foot! I don't care, Aryaman ke liye mujhe number chahiye, you should give it now" Manik asked in his usual authoritative tone. "No, I can't share it with you or Aryaman, usne badi mushkil se mujhe contact kiya and I can't backstab her like this" she said. Manik finally pleaded Nandini and asked her to understand Aryaman's position.

Nandini didn't wanted to give her number but she thought Aryaman deserves a chance to speak to her. After an inner battle within herself, she shared the number with Manik. "Thank you" Manik left from there and received a call from his mom. "Manik, I'm sending a list for tomorrow's function, please ask the manager to get them. And keep a check on Abhimanyu, please" she said. "Maa, I'll take care of it, venue bhi finalized hai, aaj raat tak sabko invites bhi bhejenge, don't worry, I'll take care of everything" he assured her and cut the call. He saw a few missed calls from Siya. He thought he shouldn't tell anything about Tara and Aryaman now as she would take Srivastava's side like she used to. He gave her number to Aryaman and left from there to give them the space they needed.

Manik didn't knew what to tell Cabir as he is already upset with the progress of the shoot. Manik thought of avoiding Cabir as he knew he couldn't make up to him. "Kal ki function ki tayyari, Aryaman aur Tara ki beech kya hone wala hai, what's going on!" Manik held his head. Cabir came there to call Manik for the next shot. Manik goes there half hearted and scared. His heart feels wandering around until he saw Nandini in the bridal attire. Manik couldn't take his eyes off while gorgeous Nandini walk down the aisle towards him. Manik was confused as he couldn't believe what he just saw. But he loved that feeling and smiled like a stupid. She came near him and stood so close near him. ''Cut'' he heard Cabir's voice and looked at him in disbelief. ''Shot OK'' he announced. Cabir came near Manik and he didn't know what to do. ''Well done sir, shall we move onto next scene'' he asked Manik.

Manik didn't look at the script when Cabir called him for last shot. But he should read it before he looked out of the place in the scene. ''I will look into the script once, then we can proceed'' Manik said and read the script. The last scene was a dream sequence where hero fantasizes about heroine all decked as a bride. Now he understood why Cabir called it a good shot as he was also surprised to see Nandini as a bride unexpected. He thought he was saved. He invited everyone on the sets for Mukti's baby shower. ''Cabir, Navya I hope you both be there for the function tomorrow'' Manik invited. ''Of course sir!'' Cabir said. ''Oh no formalities, you can just call me Manik'' he said and smiled. ''Mujhe ye pehle din hi kehna tha but my bad!'' Manik smiled sheepishly. ''Anyway formal invites tumhare address pe pahunch jayega''. He looked for Aryaman but he was no where to be found. He tried calling but he did not answer.

''Nandini, tumne Aryaman ko dekha?'' Manik asked Nandini anxious. ''That should be my question, I was searching for him too'' she said. ''Matlab we don't know where he is!'' both of them looked tired. ''Ok then, I will leave, and please if you know something about Aryaman, let me also know, I'm worried too'' Nandini said. ''Sure'' Manik said simply and Nandini thought, ''this might be the first time he gave a straight answer to me without any sarcasm''. ''Uh, I forgot. Kal meri behen ki baby shower hai, formal invite will reach you tonight, please show up at the venue'' Manik invited her. Nandini nodded her head with all smiles and left from there. 

********************************************************************************************

Manik was busy in the function arrangements and is tensed about Abhimanyu's arrival. On the other hand, he couldn't still talk to Aryaman. Nyonika came there to ask Manik about Abhimanyu. ''Agar Abhimanyu nahi aaya tho Mukti godh bharayi mein nahi baitegi, Abhimanyu ke mom dad bhi aaya '' said Nyonika scared. ''He will be here mom soon, flight is just delayed'' Manik explained her. ''Yes, please take care of it and I'm going to receive guests'' he said. Navya and Cabir reached the venue and Manik wanted to take their help. ''Cabir, can you please do me a favor?'' Manik asked. ''Ha Manik, tell me anything'' Cabir came up. ''I'll just send you Aryaman's address, can you please get him here'' he asked. ''Sure, I'll go and get him'' he said. 

Nandini came there and Navya saw her. ''Hi Nandini, all South Indian style uh!'' Manik heard Navya saying it. He turned towards her and saw Nandini in a kanjivaram half saree. ''I don't usually get to wear South Indian attire, so whenever I can, I would love to wear it'' she said. Nandini felt weird as Manik saw her without taking his eyes off her. She saw Manik coming towards her and excused herself away from Navya. She hid in a corner. ''Ye Manik ka problem kya hai, half the time mujhpe chillate hai and half the time he would look at me like he will gobble me up, why is he following now?'' she said to herself. ''Apne aap se baad mein baat karna, pehle mujhse baat karo'' Manik said as he heard Nandini's self talk. 

Nandini is stunned and saw Manik so close to her. ''Mujhe tumhari help chahiye, we need to meet Tara'' he said. ''But she won't agree to that'' Nandini said. ''I already told you, somehow call her and ask her to meet us'' Manik said in a pleading tone. ''Ok, I will try to, but how will you come from the function now?'' Nandini asked. ''Wo I'll handle it, bas ye Aryaman aa jaye'' he said. ''I'm here'' Aryaman surprised them. ''Tujhe yaha laane ke liye maine Cabir ko bheja'' Manik said. ''I got him too'' Aryaman said as he got Cabir along with him. ''Are you okay now?'' Manik asked Aryaman. ''Yes, I'm so happy at least now I know that Tara didn't cheat on me, she loved me and ours is a true love'' Aryaman beamed with happiness. Manik asked Aryaman to continue with the function. ''This Aryaman has become unpredictable'' said Manik.

Manik called his manager to get Abhimanyu from the airport. ''I have talked to Tara, badi mushkil se maan gayi wo, but will you come with me?'' Nandini asked him. Before Manik could answer Cabir and Navya came up. ''No problem Manik, Nandini hume sab kuch bataya hai, you take care here, I will go with Nandini, Aryaman ko kuch nahi batayenge'' said Cabir to Manik. Navya assured Manik. ''Ye mera dost ki sawaal hai, I will also come, just hang on, function jaise hi start hoga hum yaha se nikal jayenge, Cabir you go and start the car, Navya please keep my sister and mom busy with ladies, so that I can sneak out'' Manik said. 

Manik went and received guests. Mukti came out all decked up and looked pretty. ''Manik, Abhimanyu aayega na?'' Mukti asked worried. ''Ab no more worried faces, here's your hero'' Manik showed Abhimanyu to Mukti. She hugged him and looked happy. ''Mukti, leave him, he will get ready and come and he is going nowhere and is here to stay'' Manik is happy to see Mukti and Abhimanyu together. Manik went near Nandini and whispered in her ears. ''Don't let Aryaman know that we are sneaking out, jaise hi Abhimanyu aayega, he will keep Mukti busy, so be ready'' he alerted Nandini. Abhimanyu got ready and came out. He made Mukti seated. Manik stepped back from Mukti and slowly held Nandini's hand. Nandini did not expect his move and looked at him. He assured her with his eyes. ''Manik, even I have a surprise for you'' Mukti said foiling Manik's plan. Manik looked back in the direction where everyone looked. ''Siya'' Manik is shocked beyond recovery.

Manik slowly let Nandini's hand go off and he knew he couldn't sneak out now and looked at Nandini helplessly.