Chapter 78- One at a time

Manik's POV: 

It is so disheartening that people has already put me aside from the movies. ''Aap dekh lena Manik ji, audience will go gaga for this short glimpse of you'' the director seemed to fake his concern, but this is not my time to voice anything out. I came back to the caravan where I was given only half an hour break. It is only a two day shoot so this should not be a problem. "How is your shoot?'' Nandini's message feels like a breather and I don't want to let her down any day. Her message has instantly put a smile on my face. ''Sir, touch up'' someone knocked on the door. ''We're just shooting a fight scene outside, touch up ka problem hi nahi hai'' I said but the director insisted on it. 

Fight master was already there and this is the first time I'm shooting for a fight scene which is actually out of my comfort zone. Director said that he wants to shoot a realistic fight and did not arrange anyone for stunts. I already felt tired on this sunny day. ''Action'' I heard him saying and it was not so tough as I thought. I didn't know why he used the word realistic because I did not feel it real. The only reality is when director said cut but the fight master did not give up and made a real cut on my palm. Blood oozed out as a stream and I couldn't stretch my hand. ''Ye kya hua?'' I heard a familiar voice and turned to see Siya there. ''Siya! Tum idhar?'' I asked her shaking my hand and few droplets of blood fell on her orange colored dress. ''Can't you take care of it?'' she said to the men beside me. 

''It's not their mistake, just a mistake'' I said but she already ran to her car to get a first aid box. I walked following her and she ran towards me. ''You should have been more careful'' she said cleaning the blood from my hands. She applied some medicine on it and I felt burning sensation but did not acknowledge it. She finally dressed up the wound with a cloth bandage. ''Your dress is also spoilt'' I said. She looked at it and shrugged it off. ''Ab ye important nahi hai'' she said and asked me to take leave for today. ''It's just a two day shoot, aaj break nahi lena hai mujhe'' I said. ''Two day shoot ka kya matlab, agla schedule kab hoga?'' she asked. ''Schedule nahi, I'm just playing a guest role'' I said. She could figure out the whole situation as I said it. ''Matlab you didn't get a proper role. Dhruv se abhi bhi baat kar sakte ho na! His offer is still there for you'' she said. ''I mean only if you want to do it'' she added. ''I would love to, but not now. Not like a loser Manik Malhotra, who cannot even get a movie chance. Ye nahi hua tho kya hua, I'll try some other project'' I said.

''Pata nahi tum itna zid kyu kar rahe ho?'' she almost said it like a whisper. ''Zid nahi hai, it's just self respect. Why would I be stubborn with you and Dhruv?'' I asked her. ''So you named this as self respect, and how would you define our relationship? I just feel like left hanging on a middle of a bridge'' she said. ''Please don't go there. We would always try to please each other, hum ek dusronke saamne acting karte rahenge. You will never say something that I might feel bad. We knew each other since many years but can you name a few instances where we actually fought as a couple?'' I asked her. She tried to recollect. ''You might not remember because we have never actually fought. All we did is to impress each other, do things which the other person like. Aise hi chalega tho, ek din sab kuch mechanical lagega. See, we both are so comfortable with each other kyunki ab hum dono ko dusron se expectations nahi hai'' I tried to explain but Siya might not understand. 

I went back to my position and the director also said we can shoot everything tomorrow. I had to leave from there and Siya was still standing there. ''Chalein?'' I asked her. ''Ghar jao'' I made her sit in the car. ''Kabhi ye mat bhoolna ki Manik humesha tumhare liye haazar hoga. Nobody can stop me from reaching you. I might deny the relationship between us but we will always remain friends even if you don't want to'' I said and saw a lifeless smile on her face. I also left from there and went home to collect few of my things and then started to farmhouse. Nandini was not there when I reached there. It was still 3 in the afternoon and I decided not to disturb Nandini at this hour as she might be busy. She has already set up my wardrobe in another room instead of hers. So I kept my other stuff in the other room which is on the another corner of the house.