Chapter 4 - Nightmares and Sweetdreams

"Nandini Murthy! Kaun hai ye" Dhruv asked. "I don't know much about her, Rohan has sent her audition" Siya said. "Rohan Srivastav! whom you met yesterday?" Manik asked her. "Ha, Mithra ka bhai, he had an accident while he was shooting, his first film is being postponed because of him and he is really feeling bad about it. He is so sweet that he didn't want his female co actor feel bad about her first opportunity, so he recommended her name, and she is Nandini Murthy" Siya said to Manik as she handed over a pen drive to him.

"This pen drive has her audition video, I've seen it already and mujhe achi lagi. You should also consider her" said Siya to both of them. "Her first project got shelved, do you think we should take this risk?" Manik said. "No Manik, I think we shouldn't judge her, pehle uski audition dekho, if you think she is not good, we can always have other options" Siya suggested. But Manik have another plans for her. "Ok Dhruv, you can go ahead with the pre production work, get a bounded script from Cabir" Manik said.

***************************************
"Hello, what made you to call me? I thought you have forgot your long lost friend" Aryaman said as he received a call from Manik. "Aisa kuch nahi hai, kuch kaam hai" Manik said. "So straight, to the point, ab bolo" Aryaman always liked this nature of Manik. "I want you to take up an important role in my upcoming project" Manik said in a firm manner. "Sorry, iske liye tho mujhe dobara call mat karna" Aryaman had cut the call. Manik tried once more. "Please listen to me Aryaman, I need you for this, I can only count on you, tumhare alawa mera koi aur dost hi nahi hai" Manik said. "You would have had friends, but you don't have time for them, jab girl friend ki seva se kuch time miley tab na" he taunted.

"Ok, don't divert the topic, it's not about Siya, this is my first film as a producer too, dad ne jo production house start kiya na, I want to take it forward. I want you to be a part of it" Manik said genuinely. "You can't always have me, ye father sentiment humesha kaam nahi aane wala" Aryaman cleared. "But the trust I have in you, will always work. Jaldi se bags pack kar lena, uncle ke liye ek personal nurse hai, I know. I will get my another flat clean so that you can stay there when you come here" Manik said. "I never said I'm coming" Aryaman said. "Tickets book kiya maine, and I will send manager to receive on arrival" Manik told him.

***************************************
"In any case, I will not let someone to do this role Siya" Manik is determined. "But how should I convince you? I cannot force you, but why can't you understand me" Manik is upset with Siya and Dhruv. Manik took his pills but couldn't sleep.

"Please Siya, I know how to drive, go get the keys" Manik pleaded her. "Agar papa ko pata chala toh" Siya was loud enough for Ashok to hear her. "Manik, Siya tum kis baare mein baat kar rahe ho" Ashok, asked her. "Papa, Manik wants to drive your new car" Siya asked Ashok. "Do you know how to drive Manik?" Ashok asked him.

"Yes uncle, I learnt it, please I want to drive your new car" Manik asked Ashok. "Dhruv, would you like to join for a drive?" Ashok asked his son, Dhruv. Manik was happy to get a nod from Ashok. "No dad, you carry on" Dhruv was disinterested. "Arre mujhse nahi poochenge aap?" Shreya joined the club. "Mumma, aap bhi humare saath chaloge?" Siya asked. "Ok, then we will all go for a ride" Ashok declared.

Manik suddenly woke up from his sleep and called out for Siya. He was profusely sweating and looked at his watch. It showed 2 in the midnight. It happened 12 years ago but for Manik it seems like it was just yesterday. The guilt killed him inside and he punished himself for what he had done. He died everyday but couldn't even sleep for one night. Insomnia might be a punishment for what I have done, he thought to himself. He loved Siya more than anyone else in the world. She gives him pain but she is his drug to get him cured. He couldn't imagine himself without her. His world revolves around her.

He never told anyone about his insomnia except for his dad and doctor. Manik thought his dad would support in his every step but soon became a loner, when he died of cancer. All of a sudden, Manik lost his courage, he never dared to tell anything about him to his mother or to Siya. He wanted to be there for Nyonika, Mukti and Siya. Anything that would reach Nyonika, Siya Or Mukti would reach Manik first. Manik built a wall around himself, which he couldn't break on his own.

Dhruv called Manik to his office next morning. "Do you really think we should meet at 8?" Manik asked. "Yes, we can have breakfast together" Dhruv said. Manik reached there on time. "Sir, main entrance is closed for cleaning purpose, can you please use service lift" building personnel asked Manik. Dhruv's office is located in 12th floor. "Ok" Manik moved forward to service lift. He suddenly felt something and closed his eyes for a moment. Morning sun seems to be on full rise and his reflection fell on Manik's face. He saw a bracelet because of which light reflected on him. His eyes fell on the girl who wore the bracelet.

Manik unknowingly moved towards her. She is dressed in all white and he couldn't see her face. For a minute, Manik thought he was dreaming but no he saw her going inside the lift. "Is she for real?" he thought to himself. "Maybe last night I had a heavy dose of pills" he convinced himself. He got into the lift and it took him to 12th floor. The same bracelet caught his eyes again as he reached Dhruv's office. Manik couldn't take his eyes off of her hands. "Manik, she has come for audition" Siya introduced and Manik shook hands with girl.

"Hi, I'm Nandini Murthy" a voice came from the girl. Manik realized that he is not dreaming as he saw her.