Chapter 72- Blame Game

Manik's POV:

I have never even dreamt of getting married but this is the least I could do for her. I'm not that kind of person who believes marriage gives security in a relationship but Nandini strongly believes marriage would make our bond stronger.  I wish I could always make her proud. Kaash wo apni decision se humesha khush rahe. Ye secret shaadi se sab ko problem hoga, mom, Mukti, Siya, Dhruv, Aryaman and even Cabir-Navya. Ye saare humare well wishers hai but pata nahi kyu Nandini aisi zid kar rahi hai ki iss shaadi ke baare mein kisi ko mat bataneka. While marriage is a biggest responsibility, I hope we would stick to it. '

''Manik, isn't this Mangal sutra a bit different? Tumhe red se obsession hai par ye red color ka! Seriously'' Nandini asked me. ''Nandini, ye actually Mangal sutra nahi hai, this was a ring. I had it custom made for you'' Nandini might not believe me but it is true. ''Ek raat mein mere liye custom made!'' I knew she wouldn't believe it. ''Ye na, rare red diamond hai, Moussaieff is its name I think. When I bought it, it was in a ring but I have made it into this Mangal sutra'' I said looking at it. Ab isko Nandini ke gale mein dekh kar jo sukoon mujhe mil raha hai, this is priceless. I thought I was not going to be lucky enough to see this in her neck but finally God seem to hear my prayers. ''Seriously, tum ne ye pehle se banwaya'' is she surprised, excited or doubtful about me? I can't guess from her expression. ''Ha, maine hi ye banwaya but I never thought ki humari shaadi itni jaldbaazi mein hoga. I thought main jab bhi tumhe shaadi ke liye propose karunga, I would give this to you'' I said. ''This is insane Manik, I love you, love you so much'' she hugged me. 

I have craved for this hug from Nandini. I missed her warmth on my body. I missed wrapping her in my arms. ''Return flight kab hai?'' she asked me. ''I seriously don't want to go back ever'' I said. ''But Nandini! Kya main tumse ek baat poochu?'' I wanted to ask her now. ''Ha'' she said as we sat in the cab. The cab driver has got down for some work. Nandini was seated beside me. Few strands of hair were on her face. She has minimal make up on her face. Her hair tied in a messy bun. She looked gorgeous in the red saree I gave her. I was so proud that the beauty sitting beside me is my WIFE now. I badly want to feel her skin on me and definitely had an urge to kiss the luscious red lips. ''Manik, tum kuch kehne wale ho na?'' she asked turning towards me. ''You always wanted me to announce our relationship in public, but ab shaadi karne ka itna bada decision liya hai tho sabse chup kar kyu?'' I really wanted to know her answer but all I got is her silence. Pata nahi wo dimaag mein kya khichdi paka rahi hai.

''I don't want ki hume kisi ka nazar lag jaaye'' she said after a while. ''Seriously Nandini, itna sochne ke baad tum ye bol diya'' I'm not going to believe you Nandini. ''Tho tum kya expect kar rahe ho, there's really nothing other than that'' she said and we reached the hotel . She went inside her room to change. After what it felt like an eternity, she finally came out and I kept looking at her. ''If you think that nazar is real, why do you still had your mangal sutra in your neck still, chupa ke rakh leti'' I said. I knew that this is not the reason. ''Aren't we going to airport yet?'' she asked. We silently walked out of the hotel and had cab ready to leave for air port. She leaned on my shoulder and said, ''I'm not liking it this way, shaadi ki din hi hum fight kar rahe hai'' she said. ''Us and fights, may be a match made in heaven'' I said. ''Shut up'' she said. ''You should do that. Shut me up, please'' I said. ''Manik, don't be naughty'' she said like she is my class teacher. ''I hope you are aware of what happens after shaadi, and I hope you know so well about suhaag raat'' I saw her turning red like a tomato. ''Manik, driver hai humare saath, we're not alone. Aur kya tum shaadi aur suhaag raat ki baat kar rahe ho?'' she asked shyly.

''Oh the driver is a Nepali, he doesn't know hindi. And yeah, main koi galat baat nahi bol diya, shaadi ke baad suhaag raat hota hi hai. Don't you dare to avoid it tonight'' I said. Main usse aur embarrass karna nahi chahta so I stopped myself teasing her. ''Aaj raat ko Dhruv aur Alya ke reception mein hume jaana hai, and kal tum New York jaane wale ho, so not possible Manik Malhotra'' she said. ''I can always have my ways. Waise bhi reception se yaad aaya, I'm feeling too bad for Alya. Matlab usne apne liye decision hi nahi le paayi. I never wanted you to be in her position. Please let me know if anything about me is bothering you. I don't want to be that husband who doesn't value your opinion'' she looked at me with eyes wide open. ''Matlab maine bhi wahi kiya but not anymore'' I said stumbling on my words. ''We are not going to talk about that award thing anymore and I think this should be our first wedding vow'' she said. I'm happy that she had at least forgiven me now for that stupid act of mine. ''Mumbai jaane ke baad hume reception mein jaana hoga na?'' she asked me. ''Do you want to or you don't want to go?'' I didn't understand whether she is hinting us to go there or she doesn't like to go. I feel she herself hasn't decided yet. 

***********************************************************************************************

''Should I pick you up or will you come on your own?'' I asked Nandini. ''We both should get ready so its better we come by ourselves'' she suggested. So I dropped her home. ''Suno, I can't wait to shift here with you'' I said. ''Ok then, we will throw our wedding party'' she said. ''Sach mein?'' I was excited as she finally agreed to tell about our marriage to everyone. ''Ha logon ke liye wo housewarming party hoga but it will be a reception party to us'' she said. Housewarming ho ya wedding reception wo uske liye hoga, humare liye kya hoga. Am I living in a real life suspense drama! 

''Ab tak kaha gaye ho? Subah se kitne baar call kiya maine'' Aryaman shouted on me as I went missing since morning. ''Phone tho idhar hi bhul gaya maine'' I purposely left the phone at home so that no one can call or reach me. ''Dhruv kuch bada announcement karne wala hai, Siya told me to get you there personally'' he said. ''Ab kya karne wala hai ye Dhruv? I don't understand something, 2 saal se main ban hua hu par achanak kaise Dhruv ke recommendation se ban lift kiya'' I asked if Aryaman knew something. ''Dhruv is definitely influential, wo keh diya hoga and film chamber association ke log maa liya hoga'' he said as simple as that. Siya also told me the same thing. Dhruv definitely has that contacts to get me back but I will use this chance as Nandini wants me back in movies.

''Siya, see I got him here as I promised'' Aryaman said as if is handed over me to Siya. Ye Nandini kaha gayi, ab tak aayi kyu nahi. I've seen her coming there with Rohan. Wo tho har function mein Rohan ke saath ho aati hai but it is different today. She denied me when I have asked whether I should pick her up but Rohan ke saath kaise aa gayi. ''Wass up Nandini? You're glowing tonight'' Aryaman complimented Nandini. Ye glow tho shayad shaadi ke glow hai. Wedding glow is much much superior than any parlour wala glow. I felt proud at Aryaman's compliment to Nandini but then I realized I was not the only one who felt it. Rohan is also blushing and that did not go unnoticed by Aryaman. He signed Nandini to notice Rohan and his blush. This Aryaman is planning to set my wife up with someone. Itne din Rohan aur Aryaman dushman lag rahe the but now they both are trying to be my dushman. Nandini seems to be enjoying the conversation but her face told a different story all of a sudden.

It was then I turned back to see Siya. Shayad maine Siya ko pehle theek se dekha nahi but she is wearing red lehenga and that was enough for Nandini to turn red. ''Hai guys'' she wished Nandini and Rohan. ''Can we all go near the stage, Dhruv is calling for everyone'' she said. ''Dhruv phir se sab paparazzi ko bulaya'' Aryaman whispered. ''Manik'' Dhruv called me on stage and I went to him. ''You should now be by Alya's side and not me'' I said to Dhruv. ''So guys, I'm happy to announce my next film with Manik'' Dhruv said. I was shocked to the core when he announced that. I should have by now guessed this but I failed miserably with Dhruv. 

''No, I won't be working with Dhruv or in his banner'' I finally took the opportunity to tell this to everyone.