Chapter 13- The Truth

Nandini didn't know what to do when Manik fell on her. She tried to get out of his grip. She was also tensed seeing Manik in such unforeseen condition. "Manik, Manik!" she tried to wake him up by patting his cheeks. None worked for him. She carefully slided under him and was able to caught hold of him. She made him sit in a chair nearby. Nandini ran out of the vanity and saw Cabir nearby.

"Cabir, can you come with me!" she took Cabir with him to Manik's vanity. "What happened Nandini? Firse kuch hua?" he asked worried and she didn't bother to answer. They both went inside. "Manik sir ko kya hua?" he asked Nandini. "I don't know he just fell unconscious when I came here" she said. "Ok let me call a doctor first" Cabir said. "No Cabir, Manik ek bahut bada celebrity hai, unke personal doctor honge na. You cannot call any random doctor like that" Nandini said. "But first we need to wake him up first" Cabir said and took a bottle of water. He sprinkled water on Manik and tried to wake him. Manik woke up after a while.

"Are you okay sir?" Cabir asked concerned. "Yes, I'm okay" Manik said. "Can we call a doctor?" Cabir asked. "No need, I'll be okay if I take rest" Manik said confidently. He saw Nandini beside Cabir. "Cabir, please don't tell this to anyone outside, I don't want anyone to know about it" he said to Cabir but looked at Nandini. "Sure sir, we won't tell anyone" Cabir assured on behalf of Nandini too. They both came out and Nandini said, ''so this is going to be our sweet little secret''. ''Of course'' Cabir shrugged off. Nandini has put her makeup on and rehearsed her lines. Manik also came on sets after a while. He looked dashing as if nothing as ever happened. ''Action'' Cabir's voice echoed on the sets.

''Maine tho aaj tak itni sundar si ladki se mili nahi'' Manik said. ''Itni sundar! Kitni sundar?'' Nandini asked rolling her eyes at him. ''Chand si sundar tho nahi ho tum'' he teased her and she turned away from him. He caught her while leaving. ''Kyunki chand mein bhi dhaag hota hai, tum tho meri maa jaisi sundar ho, iss duniya mein koi bhi apni maa se zyada sundar logon ko aaj tak nahi mil paaya'' Manik said and she looked into his eyes. ''Cut'' Cabir broke their eye-contact. Nandini stepped aside for touchup. ''Should we do one more?'' Manik asked Cabir. ''Maybe, we need to'' Cabir said hesitant. ''Ye dialogues bolne ke liye concentrate karna padhta hai Cabir, I think he can't focus at this moment'' Nandini said. ''Yes, you're right, aaj hum Manik sir se kuch nahi kahenge'' Cabir said to Nandini and politely asked Manik that he wants to shoot scenes with Aryaman and Nandini. Manik had to agree as the output won't be good if he looked carried away.

Just then Nandini received a call from an unknown number. She hoped it's Tara. ''Hello'' a voice came from the other side when Nandini answered. ''Hello, Tara!'' Nandini spoke. ''Can we meet at Phoenix mall at 5 pm'' she asked cutting it short. ''Sure!'' Nandini said but she had already cut the call. Nandini looked at Aryaman but she couldn't tell him anything. But she thought how to get out of the sets at 5' o clock as Manik would kill her after all the drama. Looking at Manik, she got an idea. She waited for Manik to leave but he stayed there and showed no sign of leaving. Nandini pretended to injure herself to leave. ''Are you okay?'' Navya asked concerned. ''Looks like my feet is swollen Navya, Ahh'' she lied and winced in pain. ''Aaram se'' Navya made her sit in a chair nearby. ''Can you walk? Ab tum kaise jaogi set par'' Navya asked innocent and Nandini is happy inside as her plan worked out. 

''No need of her coming there, we will bring camera here, anyhow hume CG shots hi tho lena hai'' Manik said. ''But sir, wo dard mein hai'' Navya backed her. ''Ask Cabir to make some changes in the script, climax mein heroine ko handicapped bana do, that will be more sympathetic, her brother's demise and handicapped heroine rona, audience will also get emotional, aise improptu script changes are also good, sometimes it brings out the best in an actor too. Now Nandini doesn't have to act, she can live in her character'' Manik said to Navya. Nandini knows that this won't work. ''Please mujhe jaane dijiye'' she pleaded Manik. ''Oh I didn't know tumhara packup hogaya?'' Manik said sarcastically. ''Navya, madam ka packup hua, go inform Cabir'' he sent Navya out. ''So, what are your reasons today?'' Manik sat there and she felt like a student asking for a leave.

''I don't want to make any excuses, mujhe kaam hai aur mujhe jaldi jaana haiz, jaane do'' she said straight. ''Wow, I shouldn't have hired the most busiest person in the world, my bad'' he said. ''Firstly, you did not hire me, secondly, you're not paying me even, that would mean I'm free and you can't stop me'' she said. ''No, I won't let you go'' Manik took it on his ego. ''I said you cannot stop me'' she didn't look back as she headed. Manik couldn't stop but stare at her while leaving. Nandini was little late due to all this and she tried calling Tara as she reached but she felt someone behind her. ''Tum?'' Nandini turned back to see Tara.

''Who are you? Maine kabhi pehle tumhe dekha nahi?'' Tara asked. ''I'm Nandini, Aryaman's friend'' she said. ''Aryaman ki friend tho tum nahi ho sakti, I know all his friends'' Tara said confidently. ''I just met Aryaman few days back, so you might not know me'' Nandini said. ''You just met him few days back and he told you about me? Strange!'' Tara exclaimed. ''Can I ask you something?'' Nandini asked her. She signed yes. ''Can we sit and have coffee?'' Nandini asked Tara. They sat in a coffee shop and Nandini ordered for them. ''I must leave soon, what do you want to talk? Aryaman ne kuch bola'' she asked anxiously. ''No, Aryaman doesn't know that I'm here. What happened between both of you, please I wanted to know'' Nandini asked. Tara lost her temper when Nandini said that. ''Are you a fool? Or are you trying to make me one! Aryaman ne mere naam bol diya aur tum chali aayi yaha! Main jaa rahi hu'' Tara is all set to leave but Nandini tried her best to stop her.

''I know tum gussa ho but I need to know this, ye Aryaman ke liye, I can see it in your eyes, your love on him'' with this she was successful in stopping Tara, but Nandini felt sorry after what Tara said her. ''I know you didn't want to hear this from me, but this is the truth'' Tara left and Nandini is left in shock. She wanted to clear the misunderstandings between them but now she realized how complicated it is. ''It's not how I thought!'' Nandini sighed. She couldn't do anything but to retire to her work. Aryaman followed Nandini to the bar to meet her. She was surprised to see him. ''Tum yaha?'' Nandini asked. ''Remember, you told me to come here whenever I feel like. So I'm here'' Aryaman said. ''I thought you were angry on me'' he said. She did not talk. Aryaman gulped his drink. ''I thought all girls are same but no Nandini you proved to be different, you go girl!!'' he raised a toast to Nandini and she tried to calm him. ''Tum wo Tara jaisi nahi ho'' he said. 

''Even she is innocent Aryaman, ye sab tumhara wehem hai'' Nandini said as she knew Tara now. ''No, she said she loved me, par jab wo Rajesh aaya, tho wo uske saath gayi, she married him for his money Nandini. This is the truth'' Aryaman poured his heart out. ''No, you're mistaken Aryaman, she did not betray you, she loved you'' Nandini said. ''What are you saying?'' Aryaman asked. 

''It's your mom who asked Tara to marry him'' Nandini dropped a bomb on Aryaman.