Chapter 58- Revelation

Manik's POV:

I know none of them will be ready to accept my statement but I don't want to explain anything. Siya always said she was ready to marry me. How could she say that when she knew she had DPD. I was always in a confusion but hesitation ya confusion se hum dono ka life barbaad hoti hai. Mujhe kisi ko explanation nahi dena hai siwaye Siya ki. But she did not ask me anything. We did not talk about it for two days. I was immersed in my work. I had already done paperwork and got other approvals from food authorities. Cabir was of great help in arranging money. I got the token amount for the sale of my properties. Except for my home, I have proposed to sell all other properties. 

I have connected with Cabir on a video call. ''Manik, once you come to the registration, remaining amount will be credited in your account directly'' he said. ''Cabir, is there any way that I can do it from here?'' I asked him. ''Are you kidding Manik? You need to be present before the registrar to sell your property'' he said. I don't want to go back to India. ''Cabir, even I wanted to ask him the same'' Siya joined us in the call. ''Did you already tell him?'' Cabir asked her. Siya bonded well with both Aryaman and Cabir in these 2 years but I could never gel with Ethan and Mithra. But what are they talking about now? ''No, I didn't tell him yet but I'm trying to'' Siya said. ''Cabir, I think me and Siya should talk now'' I hung up on Cabir and looks like Siya has to say something. ''Do you have to say something?'' I asked.

''We need to go to India'' she said. ''Why all of a sudden?'' I asked. ''Dhruv ki shaadi hone wali hai'' she said. ''When did this happen?'' I was shocked to hear it from her. ''Alya aur Dhruv dono shaadi ke liye maan gaye?'' I asked her to confirm it. ''Yes, next week roka and engagement. Shaadi, a week later'' she said. ''You know I don't want to go back to India'' I said. ''But Dhruv ki shaadi mein bhi hum nahi jayenge kya?'' she asked me. "You can go whenever and wherever you want, neither of us need our permission for that'' I said. ''I need to go to India for Dhruv's wedding, you need to go for the registration too'' she said. I went off from there and she is left stunned. When I was hiding all my emotions to myself, I distanced myself from everyone. Now, when I'm vocal, everyone is afraid to tell or ask me anything. 

''Why don't you want to go back?'' Siya asked me after a while. Flashes of her memories are still fresh in my memory. I had always seen Nandini as a vibrant and cheerful person but I have given her a reason to fall apart. I had never even inquired about her because the more I think of her, the more complicated it gets. Aryaman and Cabir have become good friends of her. Apart from her movies, I knew nothing. ''Nandini'' her name has involuntarily skipped from my mouth. ''Nandini?'' Siya taking her name made me realize that I took her name. ''Manik, we have already decided to apologize Nandini when we meet her'' Siya reminded about the promise we made to ourselves long back. 

She looked so excited while packing her things. She is going to shop all this week until she board the flight to India. I took the whole responsibility of looking over the house cleaning, cooking and groceries. It was late in the evening when I was cooking and she came home with Mithra and Ethan. There were all blue and pink balloons all over the place when they entered. ''What happened?'' I asked them. ''We are pregnant Manik'' Mithra and Ethan shouted. They hugged and celebrated. ''Did they know it earlier or is it a surprise for them too?'' I asked Siya seeing their excitement. ''They have been trying to get pregnant since last 4 years so here they are'' she said. ''Marriage and kids are a big responsibility Siya. And I'm lucky to witness both of these in a months' time'' I said. ''It's funny how you are scared even to anticipate that phase'' I know what Siya meant. ''We will not be happy if we marry Siya. You don't even feel comfortable to share about your DPD, your insecurities. And I was skeptical to share that I had insomnia'' I said. 

Siya was speechless. "Siya, we thought we knew each other but we both are trying to make others feel better'' I said. ''I have hid many things from you, for example, I booze and I never let you know about it. I'm sure you also have many things which you hid from me. Let it go please'' I said. ''Are we falling apart Manik?'' she asked sobbing. ''Siya, come what may, I will always be on your side, marriage is not a solution. We can be good friends too'' I said. I know I'm adding to her anxiety but this is necessary. I cannot raise false hopes to Siya as I had already made that mistake once with Nandini. I felt so light after telling it to her. If this is so simple like it is now, I would have done it much earlier. But I won't let anyone suffer because of me. 

***********************************************************************************************

Nandini's POV:

It was early in the morning when I called Navya. ''Navya, have you checked everything, funds tho hai na humare paas'' I asked her. ''Of course Nandini, jo bhi funds hai wo sufficient hai and hopefully campaign ke baad aur bhi funds aayenge'' she assured me. Navya is the backbone of the trust we have founded. Without her, Satya's dream would not be fulfilled. Few hospitals are offering a check up and regular visit for Oncology patients. ''Nandini, there is an event at City hospitals today, do you remember?'' she asked me. ''Of course, breast cancer awareness week and I'm coming too'' I said hanging up the phone. I got ready in hurry and was about to leave when Rohan rang the door bell.

''Good morning Nandini'' he wished. ''Don't tell me you came to give my breakfast'' I said looking the package in his hand. ''Obviously, you know me'' he said. ''I accidentally told you that I liked the breakfast from that place, ab mujhe roz roz wahi khane ko mil raha hai'' I whined. ''Only today'' he said getting offended. ''Kal se kya hoga?'' I asked him. ''Di is back from New York, and a great news, main mamu ban ne wala hu'' he said. ''Oh congrats'' I hugged as I'm happy for him. ''Are they here to celebrate the big moment?'' I asked. ''Yeah, that's a reason too but they have come for Dhruv's wedding next week. Siya had invited them'' he said. ''Dhruv's wedding?'' I didn't knew about it. ''Yes, Dhruv is all set to marry next week. In fact, mujhe bhi aaj hi pata chala, di, jiju, Siya, Aryaman and Manik are here'' Rohan said. Oh, so Manik is here after a long time. Rohan was quick to guess my turmoil. ''Chill, don't let those bad memories affect you'' he patted my back. ''No Rohan, I'm alright. Waqt ke saath sab kuch bhool jaate hai hum. So I don't hold anything against them now'' I said. Yes, jo kuch bhi Manik ne kiya ab usse koi farq nahi padta.

All I remember is the blame and guilt that's it. I had some work outside and then I headed to the hospital where the cancer awareness program was held. I had no idea about it but the session was very informative. We were about to leave when we heard about an emergency case. ''Doctor, wo actress Siya hai na'' me and Navya heard them. ''Ha, take them in'' the doctors rushed. I inquired the nurse about it. ''Abhi jo accident hua, kaun hai wo'' Navya asked her. ''Ma'am, wo bhi ek actress hai Siya ji'' she told. ''What? Siya ka accident?'' I was genuinely concerned about her. ''Hume Dhruv ko call kar ke batana padega Navya'' I said. ''Yes, I'll go and inquire about her till then'' Navya said. Dhruv's phone is not connected. If I cannot contact Dhruv, the only option is to call Manik, aur ye main nahi kar sakti. 

Navya came back and said Siya is not alone in the car and there is someone along with her. ''Does that mean Manik also met with an accident'' I thought I said to myself but I was loud enough for Navya to hear. ''Yes, it would be Manik'' she said. ''Tumne Dhruv ko call kiya?'' she asked. ''No, it did not connect'' I said. She called Cabir and informed him that Siya and Manik met with an accident. I didn't want to see Manik now. For some unknown reason, I did not even want to be there. I then thought of calling Aryaman too but he did not even care to tell me that he is in Mumbai. Thank God, they are safe. ''Doctor, how are they?'' I couldn't keep calm and asked the doctor. ''She is stable, but his condition is critical, let's hope for the best'' the doctor rushed. Everything was blank when I heard him. How could he be so careless while driving. He is always in guilt when it comes to Siya and how could he do all this again? He is definitely the one to blame now. 

Did Manik's family knew about it? Of course unhe pata nahi hoga. Should I call Aryaman and inform him? Agar Manik ko kuch ho gaya tho! No, I would be guilty for not informing anyone and I don't want it. ''Manik'' I heard Navya saying it and turned to see her. There he is! Standing tall in front of me, but why is Manik standing here! Isn't he supposed to be on bed? No, he is actually fine and he accompanied Cabir. ''Kya hua Navya?'' Cabir was sweating. ''Accident, Manik ka'' she is equally confused. Manik noticed me and I quickly shifted myself. ''Hume laga Manik aur Siya ka accident hua hai'' Navya said. ''Where is Siya?'' Manik asked. Navya pointed to the room where she is! Manik went to Siya and I could see her from the place where I stand. He reached till her. It was a no-brainer, jaha Siya hai Manik bhi hoga. But who is he with Siya? I moved ahead to see and is shocked to find Ethan on the bed. I quickly called up Rohan as soon as I saw Ethan. I bumped into Manik when I tried to call Rohan. ''Ethan ka accident hua Rohan, we're in City hospital'' I said. 

Manik did not make any effort to move out of my way, so I should change my way now.