Chapter 14- The girl in the Car

''You must be kidding me, but aise mazak mein mujhe koi interest nahi hai'' Aryaman said as he gulped few pegs of whiskey as they were placed on the counter. Nandini tried to stop him. ''Aryaman, please stop, you are going to be high soon'' she asked him to stop. ''Nahi, you're high already,  isliye itni bakwas kar rahi ho'' he did not believe her words. How can she even expect him to trust her even. He might not be ready to hear the biggest truth of his life. She couldn't stop him and soon he zoned out. ''Aryaman, utho atleast address tho batao, I will take you home'' Nandini asked him. ''I don't have a place here, it's Manik's place'' he said in a trance. ''Oh God! Ye tho hosh mein nahi hai and I can't even take him home now, ab kya karungi'' Nandini thought for a minute and decided on something. ''Ab iska pata sirf Manik bata sakta hai, but how would he react if I call him now'' Nandini was scared on the thought of calling Manik at such a late hour. 

She took Aryaman's phone and unlocked it with his finger print. She found Manik's number and called him. ''Ha Aryaman'' Manik was relaxed and laid back. ''I'm Nandini speaking'' he was startled on hearing her voice and checked the caller ID on the screen. ''Why is Aryaman's phone with you?'' he asked. ''Not only his phone but he is with me. He is drunk and usse ghar drop karne ke liye address nahi pata mujhe'' she told him. ''Please send me his address, I'll drop him'' she asked Manik. ''Wait, you send your location first, I will pick him up'' Manik said and left her with no choice and cut the call. She sent her location and Manik was there in no time. Nandini changed into her dress and saw Manik. Manik saw Aryaman lying on the counter. ''Aryaman, tum theek ho?'' he asked. ''He is not in his senses to answer you, please mujhe address dijiye'' she asked him. It was the closing time of the bar so only few staff were present.

''Thanks but I will drop him'' Manik said. He took him near his car when Nandini stopped them. ''If he is drunk next time, I don't want to call you always, so mujhe location bhej dena'' she said. Manik placed Aryaman in the back seat. ''Why would you find him drunk always?'' he asked. ''Because he himself told me that he will be here whenever he wants to get high'' she answered him. ''Aryaman is staying at my place and I cannot risk sending that location to you over phone'' Manik denied and sat in the driver seat. He found her sitting in the passenger seat. ''Hello, what are you doing in my car?'' he asked furious. ''You are not comfortable sharing the location, tho main khud aake location pata karungi'' she said. Manik couldn't argue with her and gave up. ''Nandini tum jhooti ho, mujhe kaha le jaa rahi ho?'' Aryaman blabbered.

''Aryaman, you are safe and you're going home'' she said to him. ''Why didn't you take him to your place instead?'' Manik asked. ''I've already taken him to my place once and I cannot always take random drunk men home, even I have to answer someone'' Nandini said to Manik. Manik thought that it is always not a good idea to share space with a stranger when he is drunk when she is already with her boy friend. ''Tum jhooti ho Nandini'' Aryaman said continuously. ''Did I miss something? Jhooti kyu keh raha hai wo?'' Manik asked. ''Kuch nahi'' she instantly said. ''Tara I hate her, tum uski baaton mein mat aana Nandini, tum dono hi jhooti ho'' he said and Manik stopped the car with a sudden brake. ''Why is he taking Tara's name again, I'm sure you are hiding something from me, bol do warna you can't even expect the consequences'' Manik warned her.

''Main aaj Tara se milne gayi thi. That is why I've asked you let me out soon'' Nandini admitted. ''Are you mad? Why did you go?'' he asked unbelievably. ''Tara said'' Nandini hesitated to speak. ''Bolo, what did she say?'' he asked her again. ''That Aryaman's mom has forced her to marry Rajesh Srivastava, ussi ne inn dono ko dur karne ke liye ye sab kiya tha'' Nandini said in a low voice and Manik got out from the car. He dragged Nandini out. ''Listen, stop talking nonsense, why would his mom do that? His mom knows how much Aryaman loved her, but Tara she betrayed my friend. And you, tum hote kaun ho iske life mein, kya importance hai tumhara Aryaman ke life mein! You better stay out of his life or I'll destroy you'' Nandini is terrified as Manik warned her. ''Aryaman is my friend too'' she said in her defense. ''Oh, cut the crap, kitne dino se jaanti ho tum isko, only a few days but I know him since years'' Manik said emotionally. ''That Tara had already caused enough damage and now you are playing with his life. I warn you tum Aryaman se dur raho'' Manik got into his car and drove away leaving her alone.

Nandini looked around her and saw no clue of a human there. She didn't even know which place is that. Her phone showed 12:30 am and no network to contact anyone. She sat there with no option. To add fuel to the fire, it started raining. She saw a car coming from a direction from where Manik left. She saw Manik's car there. He lowered his car mirror. ''Get inside, yaha tumhe ab koi cab bhi nahi milega'' he said. She didn't move an inch in the rain. Manik had to come to her. ''Galti tum ne kiya, tho punishment bhi tum deserve karti ho, but not like this" Manik said. ''No, I didn't make any mistake nor I deserve any punishment, and I will prove it to you'' she said confidently. Manik didn't pay any heed to her but she sat in the car. They drove in silence. ''Hum city se itni dhoor kyu jaa rahe hai'' she asked him as she couldn't see anyone on the way. ''It's actually an hour from the city, it's my guest house and you can't find any transportation here'' Manik said. They both drop Aryaman in his bedroom and make their way out. Manik offered to drop her home even if Nandini insisted. 

''I can't risk a girl's safety at this time, that too when you are working in my project, tumhare liye main phir se re-shoot karna na pade'' he said. ''Monster Manik'' she thought.