Chapter 81- Main Heroine Hoon

Manik's POV:

I hope Nandini can think straight once her anger subsides. I saw Cabir and others still waiting for me when I went back there. ''Where have you been?'' Siya asked me. ''Kuch important kaam tha isliye jaana pada'' I said. ''Ok Manik, we'll meet you tonight at the party!'' Cabir said before going. ''Which party?'' I asked him. ''I've sent you the details Manik'' Siya said. ''Ha but is it necessary now! I mean press ke announcement tho abhi hua and parties can wait na'' I said. Nandini and I, we are still figuring out all this which happened in a night and this party will definitely make it worse. ''There is nothing wrong in celebrating good things Manik, we are partying tonight, see you there'' Cabir left with Navya saying this. ''Manik, I need your help! Tum chaloge mere saath?'' Siya asked me. ''Kaha?'' I asked her. ''Mithra aur Ethan divorce lena chahta hai'' she said.

''Ha'' I simply replied. She looked at me for a minute. ''Why do you look like it is so expected from them?'' she asked. Oh! Now Siya doesn't know that I already knew about them. ''Ha matlab I was shocked and mujhe kuch samaj mein nahi aaya what to say?'' I said. ''Yes, all this happened when you went to New York, it is a long story, I'll tell you. Could you please come with me there'' she asked. ''Ok, give me some time, I'll go to my room and come back soon'' I said and went inside my room. I was skeptical whether to call Nandini or not but I had finally made up my mind to give up on the fight we had. I tried to call her but there was some connectivity issue and call never got connected. Having no option, I went with Siya to Rohan's place. She said how Mithra and Ethan decided to part ways as he can't walk now. 

Unlike always, it was Rohan who was waiting for us at the door step and it is so unusual of him. ''Ab kya hua? Are they fighting again?'' Siya asked Rohan. ''Yes, over the baby'' he replied. Ethan was on a wheel chair and they were in the drawing room. ''Kya hua?'' I asked them to break the silence. ''I want the legal custody of my unborn baby, I want Mithra to sign these divorce papers along with the custody papers'' Ethan said with a harsh voice. He was always soft spoken and is kindhearted. ''Siya please tell Ethan not to ask this, Mithra will break down'' Rohan said. ''A baby need the mother more than a father, so ideally Mithra should get the custody of the baby'' I said. I think nobody should try to separate a mother from her baby. Siya stood there silently when Ethan looked at her in anticipation of her opinion. ''Why do you want to take the custody?'' she asked going down on her knees to meet his eyes. I was really surprised that Siya is never a person who makes logical decisions. All I know is she is an emotional person.

She never analyses everything before taking a decision. She takes her decisions based on others opinions. This might be the first time where she had actually asked someone to know their side of the story instead of jumping to the conclusion of what is wrong and what is not. Ethan showed a few reports to Siya. ''This baby may have abnormalities when she/he is born. The baby might suffer from Down syndrome which is a genetical disorder. I don't want my baby to be with Mithra who can never tolerate someone with a physical disorder'' he said. ''I don't want her to disown my baby if he/she is diagnosed with this genetic disorder'' Ethan's voice was almost shaking when he said that. Ethan might not be correct as he is asking the custody of his baby but is never wrong. Would Mithra does the same thing to her baby as she did to her husband? Ethan did not listen to anyone as he moved out from there. 

''Please listen to me'' Siya tried to stop him. ''No Siya, I don't want my baby to go through everything I went through. Mujhe divorce chahiye and baby ka custody bhi. Please samjhaana apne friend ko'' he went off. Ethan is now staying in an apartment where Siya helped him relocate. ''What happened to them? Have they both gone mad?'' I asked Siya. ''I wish they lived together again all these days but now I can see that they never be the same again. Sometimes, you need to leave what you're holding onto'' she said. I was happy after listening to her that she had finally thinking logically instead of emotionally. Rohan came out to send us off.