32. Totomaru vs. Momonji

Start from the beginning

The referee of the fight was a lanky man with green hair and an absurd-looking brownish-orange suit. This was Sol of the Land, another one of the Elemental Four. He was weird.

"Salut, ladies and gentlemen! Oui, it is I, Monsieur Sol! Today we have gathered to see if one young man is talented enough to join the illustrious Elemental Four!"

His debut made many cheer, likely with them more excited to see the fight rather than him. Still, that didn't dissuade him one bit. He proceeded to establish the rules of the fight, no serious maiming, no killing, no outside interference, while I sat on top of a series of boxes filled with salted meats that I most definitely wasn't cooking and eating from.

A series of "Non! Non! Non!"s later and the two were finally about to fight, the anticipation palpable in the air. The people here wanted to see an easy fight and earn their easy money, but finishing my impromptu steak I rocketed myself to the roof, wholly struggling to not laugh due to my knowledge of what was to come.

"Well, Sonny? Are you sure you don't want to bail out now?" Momonji said as he imitated an old man's voice.

Totomaru just yawned before crossing his arms, one hand sticking out just enough to make a "bring it" motion. He hadn't even touched the sword strapped to his waist yet, and I don't think he planned to.

"Non! Non! Non! Don't fight yet! The two of you will duke it out on my signal. Three!"

Neither of them made any obvious movements, but I could tell that Totomaru's body began to tense as he prepared to move.

"Two!"

Totomaru's eyes strayed for the first time towards what looked like a random woman in the crowd.

"One! Fight!"

Instantly, Totomaru vanished from his position and appeared next to a young woman on the edge of the crowd, just a small ways behind the old man. In his hands was what looked to be a bouquet of flowers made from pink flames. Those same pink flames release a lavender-like scent.

"Miss Adalina, when I win this match would you give me the honour of going on a date with me?"

Motherfucker!

Literally!

Adalina was a lumberjack in her early thirties who often stopped by the guild for beer. She was the definition of a Muscle Mommy, both in the fact that she was extremely muscular and a single mother to twins. And he was using the chance to flirt with her!

And from the blush on the usually stoic woman's face, it was working!

What the fuck!?

"O-Only if you win..." she said, causing him to smile from ear to ear just before disappearing again. The ground he was standing on cracked under the weight of an invisible weapon, causing the milf and those around her to stumble before complaining.

"Tsk! Where did you go?" shouted the mirage of the old man stumbling about the stage as if Totomaru had turned invisible. In truth, that was not the case. 

If Momonji had trained to be a war monk of some sort, then Totomaru had trained to become a shinobi. What he lacked in physical strength he made up for in speed and technique and anyone less than the best would truly think he became invisible.

Still, despite his swiftness he had about as much subtlety as a drunken bull.

"Shaht up, would ya!?" he said as he reappeared on the side of the ring he started at. He snapped his fingers causing a previously invisible figure to be engulfed in pale orange flames while a ring of pink flames created a border on the edge of the sand pit.

Fairy Tail: Swallow the FireOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara