22. The Violet Night Pt. 2

.

.

.

The Elite Guards that had been standing around watched on in shock at what was happening

Most of them felt like they wouldn't have lasted even a few seconds against the demonized version of Captain Ohta. Each time he struck the ground with his monstrous hands it was completely destroyed, leaving nothing but a cloud of dust where the attack landed.

But Captain Tatsuo was toying with him. Each time Ohta charged at him, Tatsuo tripped him and walked away like nothing had happened. He even goaded him on shouting "Surely such a terrifying demon can do more than this?"

When the two opponents got into a grappling match, it was obvious that they were even in strength, but Ohta had buffed himself with all the strengthening enchantments he could while Tatsuo only used his magic to keep the purple flames under his control instead of his opponent's.

At the moment, the much older captain was tying his hair back into a bun while he sat on the prone form of Ohta. With a gruff voice, he turned to the man under his ass with a sigh.

"You know, I expected more from you, boy. You had more talent than your father, and yet he would be disappointed if he saw the state you're in right now."

He was met with silence, Ohta opting to keep his face buried in the rubble beneath them.

"So, not even going to give me a response, huh? No much respect for the man who used to change your diapers? You seemed awfully preachy earlier."

"Hm...ehmehm..."

Tatsuo quirked his eyebrow up as he felt the bald man beneath him laugh, only to widen his eyes in the next instant as he shot up and quickly reappeared in the next instant a short distance away.

Ohta seemed to laugh louder than ever before as he slowly rose up from the ground, stunning even Captain Tatsuo when the purple flames wrapped around him once again and began to consume his flesh at an increasingly faster rate.

"It's over! My mistress consumed the demon! It's time for the world to be bathed in her holy glow!"

His flesh quickly turned to ash leaving nothing but a charred black skeleton behind as the flames grew to a higher degree.

'So this is the demon's actual strength. He was only using its magic beforehand? This is getting more dangerous than I thought.' the two remaining captains thought in unison.

Their attention and alarms quickly rose when the flames were extinguished, leaving only a standing set of bones behind as a wrathful phantom shot out of the remains towards another person. The middle-aged pyromancer tried to set up a barrier of heat and flames to defend himself from the monster. The attempt to protect himself proved to be for nought as the ghost ignored them and flew into his figure.