12. Impromptu Lessons

.

.

.

The month passed by unceremoniously and with noticeable effectiveness

I stopped sleeping so late and Taiyo deemed it safe enough for me to start doing magic in a safe capacity and for us to begin doing minor physical therapy so that my body was operating in full capacity with the muscles it had gained during the R-system.

Even among the other kids, I had far less energy due to my reluctance to eat the food they gave us. Grandpa Rob said that the only reason I was able to match everyone when it came time to do any labour was a sign of me having a strong will.

This was something that Mia said was a good thing for enchanting since it's done by using the caster's magic to augment the nature of other objects and that the stronger the will the stronger they are and the longer the enchantments can sustain themselves. Will didn't ever really come that much into play when being used for general use, but high enchantments and master enchantments always required a strong mind to control them otherwise they would lack the control needed for them to be practical.

The basic one she encouraged me to learn was concept enchantments, versatile and the best foundation for aspiring enchanters to use. They usually reinforce the crop fields with heat concepts and nourishment concepts to boost the yield of crops, and the one she told me to focus on was the nourishment enchantment to boost my recovery.

On top of that, though, she also acted as my personal tutor for general education.

To say she was disheartened when she saw how lacking my education was would be an understatement.

However, I took to the material with relative ease, memorising each aspect of what I was given to study and referencing the new material I was given with the old. For the first time since I was a toddler, I was happy my memory was as strong as it is and enjoyed learning.

Each thought I had through every second of everyday was dedicated to learning and understanding what I had been taught. On the occasion that Mia allowed me to follow her to work they had been instructed to rotate the crops from one field to the next so that they could allow the first to replenish in nutrients.

It was awe inspiring, and Mia and one of her subordinates used an enchantment called Universe One to do it. The entire field turned red with magic as the land tilled itself under their instructions. The farmers planted new seeds in the trenches they made and the second group carried wheelbarrows filled with animal carcasses and expired food provided by the citizens and left them scattered across the first field where they used Universe One again to bury them under the surface.

This scene alone made me determined to master enchanting, something I have no doubt Mia had planned since I overheard her and her friends arguing which was better, an argument they tend to rope others into quite often.