35. Damned Giant Lizards!

.

.

.

"Here you go, guys, ma'am. This should give you some energy."

"Thank you, miss."

"It's no problem."

After giving them something to eat, I let Kayla and her husband rest against the wall. It'd be surprising if they weren't hungry after all this time trying to hide...

It's been a few hours since they met with us and we, by which I mean me, Juvia, and Mirajane haven't left the room. Totomaru and Laxus went ahead to try and plant the repellant in the wyvern nest while we were tasked with watching over these two so they could rest.

Mira kept on the lookout for those two in case we needed to make a quick escape, while Juvia tried her best to help me look after Kayla. The size and location of her head injury made me worry, especially since she might have a concussion as a result.

It's the problem with how I've crudely combined the Chiyu Flames and my Fire Body spell, I can heal myself faster and more thoroughly than someone else could but it lessons my understanding of the magic overall. Add in how I'm no longer able to generate a normal orange flame anymore and the entire equation I worked out before making the combination possible has become an unusable mess.

Forcing her to move down the mountain right now wouldn't be the best option and I'd rather not risk worsening her condition.

A bright side that came out of this is that Juvia has shown interest in learning a bit of healing magic, and she's fortunate enough that water is the third most compatible element for healing magic. The pattern is pretty predictable, going light, wind, water, fire, earth, minerals, lightning, then dark.

Darkness pretty much has no healing spells as far as I'm aware... It pretty much acts solely as a reflection of the sins of both the caster and the target, the metaphorical darkness present within us all regardless of the concept of good and evil.

It's pretty edgy when I say it out loud, but what do you expect from this sub-type of magic?

And the source of my first experience with Darkness Magic was waving me over to her by the entrance. Sighing, I acced to her request fully expecting her to yell at me or something. But instead, I was met with a quiet presence.

The both of us just stood there looking down the icy caverns in a strange, companionable silence. It was unexpectedly...nice.

So when she did speak, I wholly paid attention.

"There's a lake next to Magnolia town, the Fairy Tail guild hall sits right next to it on a cliff's edge. The river that passes through Oak Town leads right to it, so you can just follow it south. When this is all over, meet me on Starry Gaze Island in the middle of the lake."

"Why?"

"Because I want a rematch."

"You seem fixated on our fight, don't you?" I said cocking my head to the side in curiosity, "Why is that?"

"Sheesh, you do ask a lot of questions!"

"Ah, sorry. I guess it is a bit of a habit..."

"...It's because I feel like let down Master Makarov..."

When she said that, she raised her arm and used a partial transformation on it. Instead of the large and scaly claws present on the transformation I saw previously, her hand had turned a deep shade of purple and swelled grotesquely with dark blue orbs peeking out of the unholy flesh.

"He helped me and my younger siblings when we had nothing. Gave us a home, taught us Take Over...I owe him everything." She cancelled the Take Over, turning her arm back to normal before locking eyes with me. "He gave me a way to protect my siblings when we had no one else to rely on. But fighting you made me realise that I'm still not capable of protecting them from everything, that I can fully support them no matter what our enemies are, and that my journey as a mage has only just begun."