𝑋𝑋𝑋𝑉𝐼𝐼

The reflection of fire in Jason's eyes reflected the fire burning inside of him as he fell on his knees in despair....

"Good morning, Lily. It's been three days now and I miss those ocean eyes, your voice, your laugh and your smartass comments. Come on, baby, wake up for me"

Jason sat on the hospital bed next to his wife as he hugged her sideways and talked to her like he did for the past three days. He placed one of his hands on Lily's belly and talked to his baby girl too.

"Hi there, Hope. I can't wait to see you, sweetheart. I knocked you miss mommy's voice just like me, but don't worry everything's gonna be alright. Mommy is strong and she'll get through this, right?"

And then Jason felt it.

A small kick to his hand that was placed on Lily's belly. It's like Hope was there listening to him and the happiness Jason felt just from this little kick was bigger than the ocean.

Lily's parents entered the room and upon seeing Jason's smile they thought that Lily woke up. Her mother rushed to her side with a smile on her face, but that smile slowly faded as she saw her daughter's eyes still closed and her body unmoving.

Disappointment bubbled through her as she cupped her daughter's face and placed a kiss on her forehead. Her husband stood by her side and held her close to his chest, trying to support her to stay strong.

"What happened? Why are you smiling?" Lily's mother asked Jason.

"Hope, she kicked my hand"

"Hope? You gave her a name without Lily?"

"No, Lily named her. She's our hope"

Lily's mother shared a look with her husband before looking back at Jason with confusion before she decided to drop the matter for now.

A knock echoed through the room grabbing everyone's attention before the door swung open and in cane Lily's doctor holding some files in his hand, but that look on his face was enough to wipe that happiness Jason felt for a few minutes.

"Good morning, doctor, any good news?" Lily's dad asked.

The doctor sighed and looked down at the file in his hand then back at everyone in the room. Jason stood up from the bed and walked towards him slowly, waiting for him to talk.

"Unfortunately, I have some bad news"

Lily's mother squeezed her husband's hand in fear and looked back at Jason who had a straight face. But underneath that cold mask was a fire of emotions swirling inside of him.

"What is it?" Jason asked.

"We did everything we could to make Lily feel better, but her body isn't responding to any treatment. Her body gave up on fighting"

"W-what do you mean? She won't w-wake up? She will stay in a coma forever ?" Lily's mother failed to keep herself together.

"No. She won't stay in a coma forever, but she will be in a coma in her last few hours."

"What do you mean?" Lily's dad asked, as he was about to lose his temper.

"Lily has one day, a maximum of two days, before cancer completely takes over her body"