𝑋𝑋𝐼

The soft warm breeze and the flowering cherry trees marked the beginning of spring. The sun was shining in the bright sky as students littered the school's fields and gardens.

Today was one of those beautiful days that reminds you of summer days and gives you motivation knowing that the summer break is on its way.

Lily absentmindedly walked across the garden dazed and zoned out. She threw her backpack on the ground then laid down on her back under the Oak tree shade.

Her eyes followed the movement of the leaves dancing with the wind and the strikes of sun rays that managed to escape through them.

Lily wanted to keep going to school, because she wanted to feel normal like any other teenager her age. She didn't want to keep thinking of the fact that she's going to die, that won't do her or her parents any favor.

Though today she was in no mood to come to school and pretend like everything is okay, not with the events of her birthday playing on her mind.

Not with Jason on her mind.

It's been three days since Jason knew the truth and she still didn't hear anything back from him. She didn't call or text him, she just wanted to give him some space and time.

She really didn't feel like getting out today or tomorrow or yesterday , but she didn't want her mother to get worried. She already feels like she's too much of a burden on them.

A metal nail lying between the grass grabbed Lily's attention. She straightened herself up and picked it , moving it through her fingers. She turned around towards the tree and criss crossed her legs leaning forward towards it.

It was maybe a moment of boredom or a moment of overwhelming sadness and Lily took it all out by dragging the nail through the tree trunk. She didn't notice what she wrote until she was done.

It was probably silly, childish or maybe even cringe, but Lily didn't care.

J ♥️ L

Sorry that
U have
To lose
me

These simple words were enough to fill Lily's eyes with tears. The silent tears washed over her cheeks as her fist wrapped tightly around the nail. She just wanted to feel something... anything other than this heartache.

Lily was too engrossed in what she was doing; she didn't notice the figure that was looming over her for a while now. Two pairs of arms wrapped around her tightly and a head rested on her back.

Jason saw the carved words and the saddened girl who was crying, and felt his heart breaking all over again. His arms held onto Lily trying to trap her here forever, his head rested on Lily's back in an attempt to hold back the tears.

"I still can't accept this, how will I ever live without you now that I have found you?How will I live without your cheeky remarks? How will I live without that beautiful smile? How will I live without the enchanting melody of your laughter? How will I go on with life after losing my soul?"

"Jason" Lily breathlessly said.

"Why, God, why? take anything away from me, take it all if you want to; but please- please, let me keep her"