« Let Me Drive, Please ? »

Start from the beginning

"And what type of car do ya want ? " He asked curiously.

She shrugged, "I don't know yet. Well, actually I hesitate between a Jaguar or a Lamborghini. What do you think will fit me the best ? " He shook his head and continued to eat his cereals silently, "So...? "

"So, uh, are ya gonna pay fa' dat ? "

"Well, I think it'll be a great birthday's present, actually."She answered and fluttered her eyelashes innocently.

August chuckled, "Ya ain't slick. Ion know if it'll happen, but it's cool ta' dream."

She narrowed her eyes at him, "And what do you mean exactly by that ? I won't have a car for my sixteenth birthday ? That's unfair ! Anthony got his for his birthday party. By the way, did you talk with Jahkoy ? I really really really really really really really really re-"

He covered her mouth for her to shut up, "I got it. Ya better stop 'cause dat's annoyin'."

"Sorry." She said after he got his hand off her mouth, "But I really want him to perform at my party."

"Ion know if dat will be possible, princess. Ya kind of started organizin' this party kind of late. I'm not even sure dat ya'll have everythin' ya wanna. We fortunately found the place and some other things, but fa' some little details..." He trailed off.

"Well, you're the famous August Alsina, so..."

"That ain't mean dat I can have everythin' I wanna."

"Of course, it absolutely means that. Please, dad. We can even make a deal. I have Jahkoy performing at my party instead of the car."

"But will it not be unfair ? " He asked mocking her voice.

"Ha-ha. That's not funny. So ? "

He sighed. It was so stressing to have kids, and sometimes it was more than other days, "Girl, I hope ya're thankin' Jesus and the Lord fa' bein' so blessed, every damn day of the week. Look, I'm gon' see what I can do. I'm tryin' ta' get in contact with his manager."

She beamed, "Okay ! So, can we go dr-"

"Dang, I just woke up. Let me eat my breakfast. And I'm not even dressed yet ta' get out. Be patient." She slightly rolled her eyes and he frowned looking at her like she had lost her mind, "Did ya just roll your eyes ? Ya dared ? "

She turned her head avoiding eye contact with him, "Uh...no. I had something in my eyes."

"Ya know what. Ya get outta here and I'll call ya when it'll be the time ta' go. Bye Felicia."

She narrowed her eyes shaking her head, "Bye Felicia ? Really ? "

"What I said ? " He pointed the door, "Plus, I already told y'all ta' not come in my man cave."