Chapter Sixty

C H A P T E R - S I X T Y

T H E - R E V E R S A L

—MEMORIES OF A TIMEwhere life seemed far simpler flashed before her eyes

—MEMORIES OF A TIME
where life seemed far simpler flashed before her eyes. Heart pained, as if someone dug their nails into the organ. Ripping it to shreds.

Although the white hot pain was nothing compared to the confused agony that stung her brain. Skull pounding as the memories began to shift. One after the other.

"What is your name?" Rosalina asked gently. Wanting to show that she held no ill will. The doppelgängers doe eyes widening in shock at the politeness the vampire showed. Her brain connecting the dots as she recalled the way rose and Trevor described the vampires they feared.

One noble, one kind. She figured that of the two she was speaking with the kind hearted one. Noble can mean many great things. Honest and true being the descriptions that came to the front of her brain. So she guessed this woman, as polite and careful as she was, had the heart of gold.

She recalled the way she had begged to not be mistaken for Katherine. How afraid she was that the honey blonde would allow her to be taken away. She wondered why she had made her out to be the villan in her story. When she'd always been presented as nothing but kind—even from the start.

"Elena Gilbert, I swear to you I am not Katherine. There has to be a mistake-" she started to plead for her life. Then things shifted, switching pace.

"My names Elena Gilbert, I don't understand why they've taken me..." Rosalina gave the girl a soft smile. Her eyes conveying an indescribable understanding. Her heart deciding then and there, that no matter how minimal, there was a difference between the doppelgängers.

Elena felt a tear drip down her cheek. Their meeting no longer instilled fear within her. She'd given the original a reason to separate her from Katherine. She expressed confusion and fear, rather than desperation.