Chapter Fifty Four

C H A P T E R - F I F T Y - F O U R

C H A P T E R -  F I F T Y - F O U R

───

STEFAN FELT PHYSICALLY
ill as he watched his girlfriend pack a suitcase. Her bubbly blonde friend grinning deviously beside her. Sending the youngest Salvatore smug glances as she waited for the original to finish up.

The blonde having extended an intriguing offer to the vampire the moment she returned from New Orleans. One of which included a compelled enrollment at Whitmore College.

Rosalina's initial response was hesitant. Nerves filled with static at the idea of leaving Mystic Falls so close to her arrival. The youngest Salvatore just as against the opportunity, if not more so.

That was, until Damon budged in. Presenting the group with a compromise. Making note of their abilities. If she was able to be compelled into the program, then she could just as easily have star level grades.

Tricking the teachers into believing every piece of work was turned in, completed to perfection. Any time someone were to, if they dared, question the occurrence. Would simply be compelled into being one of her alibis. Rooting for her whenever her attendance was checked.

Of course, they weren't planning on anyone growing suspicious. Precautions being put in place as a back option. Since their lives never stayed simple for longer than the supernatural world deemed necessary.

"All finished?" Caroline queried. Taking the suitcase from its place as the zipper was fully done up. Hair bouncing in time with her excited motions.

Rosalina hummed. Holding back her laughter as the Forbes sped from the room without another word. Heading straight for her car, shoving the case in the last free spot. Backseat and trunk jam packed with her own items.

"I feel like we just unpacked and here you are, fleeing" Stefan whispered. Stepping forwards. Gripping her hips with gentle ease. Fingers rubbing against the material that kept him from her smooth skin.

"I'll be back in two day, I'll rarely even visit the campus. Just enough to keep Caroline from spiraling and drawing too much attention to my absence" she assured. Locking her arms around his neck.

He smiled softly at her thoughtfulness. Both well aware of the spastic girls hidden disappointment. Her original roommates absent from her life.

Elena no longer considered a friend, whereas Bonnie—a far more complicated case—had been relatively MIA all summer. The only member of the mystic falls crew to speak with her being Jeremy Gilbert.