Chapter Five

C H A P T E R - F I V E

───

—STEFAN WAS LOOKING THROUGH
the books in the boarding house library. Fingers running along the binding of each and every novel. His forest green eyes turning to meet the similar orbs that belonged to Rosalina.

She was leaning against the entrance of the lounge space. An empty glass hanging softly in her hand whilst the other wrapped around her waist. Still clad in the soft material of Damon's old shirt. Her long legs visible to his eyes as he looked over her quickly.

The usually brooding vampire gulping down his nerves at the sight of her exposed skin. Turning his attention back to the books he was looking over. A small smile of triumph gracing her lips at his reaction.

She couldn't help but feel as if she had accomplished something. Considering he had no recollection of their time together in the twenty's, and yet he still seemed to harbor some of the same attraction he had at that time.

"Where ever has the dear doppelgänger run off to?" She asked innocently. Stepping over to the table filled with different shaped glasses and liquor bottles. Placing the glass down on the wood in order to rid herself of the added weight. Even if it was extremely easy to carry about.

"She went home. She was uncomfortable after that little stunt you pulled" he commented sassily. Making the blonde tilt her head with a blank look. Speeding over to spin him around and shove him into the shelves. Palm pressed firmly against his chest. His face Stoney as he looked down upon the strong woman.

"What was I supposed to do? Give into her pathetic games, act as if the way she attempted to intimidate me was working?" She quirked a brow at his expression of disgust at the way she treated his girlfriend.

"You could've been a bit kinder" he judged. Raising a hand to grip her wrist. Pupils enlarging subtlety as he took in the way she tilted her head and smirked smugly. The slight reaction causing her to laugh and pull away from him.

"The day I play into a doppelgängers games is the day I've truly given up on myself" she commented. Stefan having no time to process what she had said as the familiar sound of swooshing sounded throughout the home. Both vampires darting their eyes to the right of them.

Rosalina bared her fangs and sped directly into the moving figure. Slamming their body into the wall aggressively in an attempt to intimidate them. This form of intimidation being much more effective than the little game elena had tried to play.

"Rose?" She whispered as she realized exactly who she had attacked. Removing her hand from her throat with a soft smile on her lips. Arms wrapping around the woman in a welcoming hug. The sudden affection startling Stefan. Being slightly uncomfortable with how friendly she was with the captures of the Gilbert girl.

"I'm not here to harm anyone" she confessed as she glanced over Rosalinas shoulder. Catching sight of how disturbed the brunette seemed with the entire interaction. Stefan frowned and crossed his arms. Keeping distance between them all.

"Why are you here?" He asked as Rosalina stepped to the side. Pouring a glass of one of Damon's wide selection of alcohol. Simply offering the liquid to Stefan, the man looking to her curiously as she smiled. His hand reaching out to gently take the glass.

"Lexi once told me you were one of the good ones"

Rosalina tilted her head at Roses words. Her brows furrowing as she recalled Stefans best friend. Alexia. Also known as a Lexi, someone he used to compare her to quite frequently when she'd help Damon with his many leaps off the train tracks.

"You knew Lexi?" Rosalina questioned. Taking the words straight out of Stefans mouth. The man looking over to her with wonder in his eyes. He didn't think she'd remember something so prominent about himself.

"Trevor was my best friend. For 500 years I have lived with one person and he's gone and I don't want to run anymore because I don't have anywhere else to run to" she confided in the two. Rosalina growing guilty for the pain she had allowed them to endure for so many years.

She should've fought harder to save them from her family.

"Well I'm sorry but I can't help you" Stefan stated sternly. Rosalina shooting him a disappointed look at his lack of sympathy. She couldn't believe the saint of the Salvatore's was the one being so negative.

"I don't need your help. But you may need mine. Elijah may be dead but this is far from over" Rose started. Her words making the secret original frown. Eyes shooting between the two vampires in the room with worry hidden behind them. She couldn't have Rose ruining this for her.

"What do you mean it's not over?" Stefan demanded with an undeniable amount of panic. The thought of something happening to Elena frightening him. He was so sure that killing that man was a perfect way to protect her. Yet it never was that easy.

"It isn't over" Rose glanced to Rosalina before continuing. Careful not to mention anything about the blonde besides her in order to keep herself safe from the Mikaelson rage. "The originals. They will come for her. They have to, they are doing it for him"

Rosalinas stomach twisted at the mention of whom she only assumed to be Niklaus. The information rose was giving away making her less than pleased. It wasn't good for her case for Stefan to be made aware. At the end of the day, if Damon were to find out, he'd protect her. The younger Salvatore on the other hand would toss her off a cliff if it meant Elena would survive.

"For who?" He dived deeper into the truth that Rose was supplying. Rose taking a deep breath before confessing something that was nonetheless incredibly important. Especially when it came to Elena's possible future.

"Klaus"

───

Word Count: 1040
( edited ✔️ )