Chapter Twenty One

C H A P T E R - T W E N T Y - O N E

───

—ROSALINA STOOD SOLEMNLY ON
the porch of the Salvatore boarding house. Tuned into the heated conversation between the eldest Salvatore and Gilbert. Not wanting to barge in whilst the two discuss such an interesting topic.

That topic being, Damon's hidden humanity. Elena was trying her hardest to pull some sense of sadness from the man. Wanting him to open up, which to some extent Rosalina admired. Although she believed the timing to be a bit selfish.

Damon had just ended the life of someone he grew to care for. Rosemarie was dead. He lulled her to sleep and staked her to minimize the pain she'd feel as she withered away. Immediately after messaging Rosalina to request her presence. Unaware of the speech Elena would give him in the process.

Rosalina stepped aside as the Gilbert opened the front door and exited the boarding house. Her face blank as she let her thoughts swirl around messily. Thoughts of Stefan and Damon.

"Have a good night Elena" her voice called as she leaned against the porch banister. Watching in amusement as the Gilbert practically jumped out of her skin. Body spinning around with wide eyes at her sudden appearance.

"What are you doing here?" She asked with an underlying tone of irritation. Hating that she seemed to always be around the corner when it came to the Salvatore's. Eyes trailing down to see her slightly disgruntled state.

"Damon requested my presence, as friends do when they are in need. Farewell Elena. Tell Stefan I said hello" she winked and turned to enter the house. Slamming the door behind her to make a point, a point of which left Elena to think over what she had said.

Jealousy washing over her as she began to connect the dots. She looked as if she had been rather busy with her tangled hair, swollen lips and messily buttoned top. Then she made it very clear she wished for Stefan to know she said hello.

"You've got to be kidding me" she growled out in disgust as she moved towards her car. Feet practically stomping against the gravel as she planned her route to her possibly future ex boyfriend. She needed answers.

"Did you and Stefan finally drop the act and jump each other" Damon asked with a false excitement. Too upset to show the genuine happiness he felt for his best friend and brother.

Rosalina rolled her eyes and moved through the hall to approach where he sat on one of their sofas. Her lips pressed together in a firm line as she set down her jacket and went to make them both a drink. Having heard him shatter his previous glass moments prior.