Chapter Twenty

C H A P T E R - T W E N T Y

───

—STEFAN WAS SAT ON THE
curb just outside of the Mikaelson siblings home. Head sat cradled in his hands as he thought about the choice he had made, and the repercussions he'd soon face.

Did he regret it? Not one bit, the look on Rosalinas sweat covered face as he entered making any guilt he had originally felt flood from his system. Yet now, sitting alone, made him rethink the careless attitude he tried to lead with.

"Whatever could be on your mind" Rosalinas sweet voice questioned from behind him. Her sentence coming out smoothly as she had taken the time to push through the disease and regain a majority of her health. Only a dull ache left to remind her of the pain she previously felt.

"Elena" he whispered halfheartedly. Feeling terrible mentioning her when he had just shown the care he clearly had for Rosalina hours prior. The blonde, although he was unable to see, smiled softly at his honesty.

She hadn't expected him to come to her aid when the girl was sobbing on her living room floor. That action showed her many things and managed to tug on a few of her heart strings as well.

Yet she knew that his decision to follow through wouldn't sit well with him. He was too compassionate to do something so selfish so carelessly.

Rosalina moved to sit besides him on the curb. Leaning tiredly into his side with her head tilting to lay on his shoulder. Hands staying clasped within her lap, no wanting to reach for his in order to keep him as comfortable as possible.

"It's okay to feel bad about what you did, just don't let it consume you. You are allowed to give yourself leeway when it comes to your own happiness. You don't always have to be so brooding and selfless Stefan" she confessed. Feeling him tense up at her words beneath her cheek.

"Can I take you somewhere?" He asked after a long moment of silence. Rosalina agreeing easily since she felt much better. Wanting to get out of the apartment and move around.

He stood up from the curb and offered her his hand. Pupils growing momentarily as she placed her warm palm in his. Wrapping her fingers around his hand to hoist herself back up onto her feet.

Stefan quickly dragging her over to his car with a look of determination on his face. He knew exactly where he wanted to go. Rosalina sliding compliantly into the passenger seat before watching as he sped around and copied her actions.

Starting up the vehicle with an impassive look upon his face. Not wanting to give away the location with any excited glances. Rosalina studying his features carefully as he pulled out of the parking space and headed in his desired location.