Chapter Nine

C H A P T E R - N I N E

───

—DAMON WASN'T THRILLED TO SEE
his friend so stressed over something as trivial as high schoolers. People she would soon forget due to her immortality. Therefore he felt it completely appropriate to take her on a little day trip.

She sat quietly in the passenger seat, watching the world blur past as her drove. She didn't question where he was taking her. Not a single word slipped past her lips, not even when he passed by the mystic grill. The bar she had assumed they were headed to.

Instead she watched curiously as he sped past the border of mystic falls and headed down the abandoned roads. His fingers tapping gently on the wheel as he went. Crystal orbs glancing worriedly over to her every once and a while. Something she noticed but decided not to play into.

She didn't want to talk about it. Rosalina was positive she would be able to handle high school. It was too embarrassing to admit aloud that she bailed because of gossiping teens.

"Here we are" Damon commented. The sudden noise, although of regular volume, startled Rosalina. The silence now broken as she focused on the bar he had pulled into. It was almost an hour outside of mystic falls. The outer decor screaming western diner. The parking lot, cracked and empty.

Clearly not many drivers stopped here.

"This is charming" she teased. Distaste lacing through her descriptor. Something Damon caught onto, a scoff leaving his lips. He forgot how snobby she could be from time to time. Remembering how she was raised in a castle like environment before she turned. At least that's what he believed the case to be.

"Don't get all prissy on me now Rosie- come on" he pleaded as he exited the car. Waltzing towards the bar with excitement in his veins. Opening up the door for Rosalina to enter before him. His hand bringing the front door shut. Hand twisting violently to break the knob.

The sound of cracking metal making Rosalina whip around in shock. Her eyes observing her friend as he tossed the handle to the side. It would be difficult for anyone to escape with the handle rendered useless.

"What on earth are you thinking?" She whispered aggressively. Looking around to reassure herself that the few customers in the bar hadn't noticed.

"I'm thinking, you need to relax. Have a drink- you have plenty of options" He explained. Gesturing between the bar and the customers themselves. Her eyes rolling at his cheesy way of cheering her up. It's something he had done a few times back in the day. Although back then she wasn't hiding her friends from her brothers.

"Fine- one drink. We can't afford to cause a scene Damon. This bar isn't far enough out of town" she reprimanded for his poor planning. Soon after following him around the room in order to compel each customer to remain calm and not make a scene.