Chapter Nineteen

C H A P T E R - N I N E T E E N

───

—"STEFAN? STEFAN!" ELENA CALLED
throughout the Salvatore boarding house. Sighing as she ascended the steps in the foyer and headed directly into her boyfriends bedroom. Looking around the empty area with a confused expression.

She slipped her bag off her shoulder and glanced around to see if there were any clues to where he was. "Stefan?" She yelled out once more. Crossing her arms over her chest in a self-comforting manner.

"He's not here" a voice offered from behind her. Causing her to whip around in shock at the sudden appearance, the voice having belonged to none other than Damon Salvatore. The blue eyed man raising a brow at her look of distress.

"Do you know where he is? I really need to talk to him" she asked, attempting to hide the nerves she felt about her upcoming conversation with the youngest Salvatore. Although Damon was sure it had to do with the constant stomping that occurred when they were around one another.

"Rosalina was attacked, Caroline and Stefan went with Elijah to make sure she was alright" he explained with an impassive look on his face. Trying his best to hide the worry he was feeling for his best friend.

The Mikaelson had insisted on calling him to inform him of her current state, insisting that he stay behind and comfort Rose in her time of need. Explaining that she would survive this and Rose would not. Therefore Rosemarie needed his presence much more than she ever could.

Damon, although understanding, begrudgingly accepted defeat and stayed behind. Going to collect a glass or two of blood to bring down to his drifting friend when he heard the calls from his brothers room.

"He's with her?" She asked with a bitter tone. Revealing part of their relationships strain. Damon nodded with a small smirk, he knew his brother better than anyone. Stefan harbored feelings for the blonde. It was only a matter of time before everyone caught on.

The only thing stopping the two from accepting their feelings being the stubborn doppelgänger standing before him. Elena scoffed and picked up her bag, shoving her hand inside the front pouch to pluck out her cellphone.

Not sparing Damon another glance as she clicked onto her contacts and slid down to Caroline's name. Pressing the call button as she pushed past the older brother. Quickly walking down the steps and out of the house with her lips pulled into a frown.

Damon watching the exit with a smug look upon his face as his lifted one of the glasses of blood to his lips. Hand copying Elena's previous actions by slipping into his pocket and pulling out his phone.