Chapter Eleven

C H A P T E R - E L E V E N

───

—"I CAN'T BELIEVE IM AGREEING
to this, I'm a terrible liar" Caroline whined as she followed Elena Gilbert through the woods. The two girls heading towards the tomb where Katherine Pierce was currently being held hostage.

"Keep stefan busy, I don't want him to know what I'm up to" Elena commented as they got closer to the tombs entrance. The Gilbert disregarding Caroline's discomfort entirely. Feeling as though the blonde owed her for how buddy-buddy she'd been with Rosalina.

"I'm even worse at duplicity, you know this" Caroline responded pointedly. Knowing her childhood friend was well aware of her tendencies to blow plans that required distractions and lies. Even if they were the tiniest lies on the planet.

"You managed to keep me occupied when Katherine paid Stefan a visit" she threw the girls past betrayal in her face. Sass peaking through her words as she watched the blondes face fall. Guilt seeping into her eyes.

"Yeah, because she threatened me. Not that you should use that tactic I just- Stefans going to see right through me, and if Rosalinas there, god she would notice somethings off right away" the blonde rambled. Stuttering as she transitioned into the topic of her two favorite vampires.

"Caroline..." Elena gritted out the name from between her teeth. Feeling anger boil up in her stomach at the mention of Stefan and Rosalina together. She couldn't help but find it repulsive. "-as my friend, do you promise or not?" She finished.

"You just had to break out the girlfriend code. Okay-" she sighed and shifted on her feet. Feeling completely distraught over the entirety of the girls plan. "I promise not to say a word" she swore to the brunette. Knowing she'd surely stumble at some point.

Elena nodded thankfully and continued to approach the tomb. Shifting the strap of the duffel bag she had brought along over her shoulder. The contents jostling slightly, making Caroline's thoughts drift.

"Why exactly don't you want Stefan to know?" Caroline finally asked the doppelgänger. Curious to know why she'd want to keep secrets from her boyfriend. Someone who was no doubt stronger than her supernaturally and could protect her from Katherine if need be.

"Because he would never be okay with me doing this. Besides, he's probably off fawning over Rosalina" she grumbled the end of her sentence. Caroline frowning as she used her vampire hearing to catch up on her words. The topic was clearly one she'd prefer to avoid.

The two girls having completely different opinions on the blonde.

They descended the steps and stopped in front of the stone door. The blonde asking one more time if Elena was positive this was the route she'd like to take. Before using her vampire strength to pull the heavy rock aside. Setting it against the far wall to give room for Elena to look inside.